Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2884543

Subject: "Freddie Gibbs + The Worlds Freshest - The Tonight Show (album stream)" Previous topic | Next topic
DonWonJusuton
Member since Jun 28th 2003
3027 posts
Sun May-11-14 06:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Freddie Gibbs + The Worlds Freshest - The Tonight Show (album stream)"

didn't see this posted already, forgive me if i missed it.. i'm a couple of tracks in and the shit sounds dope.. stream is via youtube playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m0XfEIvVCk&list=PLhbqrlwJFLI-kvxBnWbiTYLkApEaIGbIi

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
thank god dj fresh went back to his old sound...i haven't been
May 11th 2014
None of these beats knock
May 11th 2014
couple of em could use bigger/better drums especially on the
May 11th 2014
      You may be correct
May 12th 2014
this is cool, but hard to believe this isn't "just" a mixtape in 2014
May 12th 2014

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6507 posts
Sun May-11-14 08:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "thank god dj fresh went back to his old sound...i haven't been "
In response to Reply # 0

feeling his beats for a few years now but this is mad dope

Numba_33
Charter member
19320 posts
Sun May-11-14 06:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "None of these beats knock"
In response to Reply # 0

I suppose that's the vibe of this project as a whole, but I don't feel this project.

Here's a newish song Freddie Gibbs did for a producer named Eric Vanderslice. Way too short. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIVNSzZgdBs

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun May-11-14 08:15 PM

3. "couple of em could use bigger/better drums especially on the"
In response to Reply # 2

opening track & the E-40 joint but the production is the best thing about this project, some of these beats by Fresh sound like some Harry Fraud shit which is a high compliment in my world (although they're lacking the drums & bridges/variation of Fraud's best stuff).

Gibbs is just sorta there, nothing lyrically or flow-wise really goes anywhere interesting.

Numba_33
Charter member
19320 posts
Mon May-12-14 08:45 PM

5. "You may be correct"
In response to Reply # 3

but the baselines weren't hitting me at all. I get the feeling that's the type of beats and feel this album is going for, but it isn't my cup of tea.

DonWonJusuton
Member since Jun 28th 2003
3027 posts
Mon May-12-14 01:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "this is cool, but hard to believe this isn't "just" a mixtape in 2014"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby The Lesson topic #2884543 Previous topic | Next topic