Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2881278

Subject: "Nas Signs Boldy James To New Mass Appeal Imprint (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Fri Apr-18-14 02:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Nas Signs Boldy James To New Mass Appeal Imprint (swipe)"

I hope this works out. Boldy is such a talented dude.

http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2014/04/nas-signs-boldy-james-new-mass-appeal-imprint.html/

When preparation meets opportunity amazing things can happen — and Detroit emcee and our Midwest brethren, Boldy James, is a testament to that statement. After years of waiting in the wings as a Cool Kids-affiliate and cousin of rapper/producer, Chuck Inglish, Boldy has finally landed his own situation with the newly formed Mass Appeal label, helmed by God’s Son himself, Nasir Jones.

If you happened to be at the Mass Appeal SXSW show last month, you’ll remember that Nas made a ‘soft announcement’ when he brought out Boldy to announce that he would be joining the label. And now, on the eve of the 20th anniversary of Illmatic, the deal is 100% official.

This is not just a good look for Detroit, but also the Midwest as a whole, as over the past few years Boldy has spread his wings and created alliances that span from Chicago, Minnesota, Ohio and all places in between. So On behalf of myself, and the FSD Army, better yet the Navy, I would like to write Boldy James’ name on the wall of official Midwest delegates. Clap for that man!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
#WHATUPDOE
Apr 18th 2014
Why sign to someone who hasnt broke any artist
Apr 18th 2014

guru0509
Charter member
45341 posts
Fri Apr-18-14 06:52 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "#WHATUPDOE"
In response to Reply # 0

good shit.

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Fri Apr-18-14 02:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Why sign to someone who hasnt broke any artist"
In response to Reply # 0

its like when i saw a friend of mine sign to Raekwon's label....its like why?

being a fan of someone as an artist is one thing. it doesnt automatically mean they will be a great A&R or label owner
____

TWITTER : Heinz21st

IG : H_N_Z

Lobby The Lesson topic #2881278 Previous topic | Next topic