Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2878381

Subject: "The Best Beats Are The Beats You Love" Previous topic | Next topic
refbeats
Member since Mar 30th 2014
4 posts
Mon Mar-31-14 11:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Best Beats Are The Beats You Love"

Are you an artist and always feel like you have to struggle to get noticed? Are you tired of hearing the same beats all over the place? Do you feel like you are better than most of these established artists but you don’t get the recognition you deserve?

If you are here you probably answered yes to all those questions. But luckily there is a solution to these problems you are having. Trust me when I say this that there are many, MANY more artists out there just like you who cannot differentiate themselves, who cannot stand out. Why is that? Is it because you aren’t good enough? Like I said there are artists out there who are eating and are worst than you, some of them are downright Whack. So what’s the real issue you are having here?

Obviously it’s the instrumentals you are picking, or rather the way you pick instrumentals. Tell me if this is true. You are willing to buy a 10$ beat that you kindda like, because you only have 10$ on your card right now, instead of buying a let’s say 30$ beat that you really like because u can’t afford it. What’s your mistake? Well you want to be an artist and you want to do artistic things, but you judge every beat you listen to from an economical perspective. Does that make sense? Let me put it this way…you are more in love with making money than you are with making good music. But the RATIONAL, NATURAL ORDER OF THINGS IS you need to make good music in order to make big money. Don’t be fooled by all these rappers out there that are making whack songs and seem to you that they are actually making big money because they aren’t really. They are spending more than they are making on whack videos. Who are the best 3 hip hop artist alive that are making embarrassing amount of money right now? Jay-z, Kanye West, Eminem. Do you think these guys thought about money first when they picked a beat? No. They went for the instrumentals they made a connection with and new that they could write good lyrics to. They allowed themselves to fall in love with the beat before analyzing it from an economical perspective.

THE STUFF YOU LOVE IS GOING TO BRING YOU THE FAME YOU WANT – but artists tend to forget that and that’s because you are bombarded every day with beat offers that manipulate you into buying instrumentals you don’t really need. What’s better for you career? Getting 5 instrumentals you don’t really feel, for 10$ or getting one instrumental that you love for 30$? Ask yourself that. Why would you struggle to write something on a beat that you don’t feel when you can have an amazingly fluid writing session on a beat that you love?

Look if you only have 10$ on you credit card and you love a 30$ beat then go for the beat you love. Grind another day or 2 for that 20$ extra. This way you will have the best output when it comes to music. This way you’ll feel amazing about your music because you haven’t made any compromises. I used to make compromises with my music and be like “ Yeah that drum kick isn’t really punching but hey even if I don’t like the drumming other people might” That’s stupid. And because I was thinking like that I didn’t really make good beats. After I stopped making compromises I put out some amazing instrumentals that you can listen to at my page www.RefBeats.com

THE STUFF YOU LOVE IS GOING TO BRING YOU THE FAME YOU WANT.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
^
Mar 31st 2014
This post is Spam home slice. You're just selling your beats.
Mar 31st 2014
Damn yo...I never thought of it that way
Mar 31st 2014
It really changed my preconceived notions of $30 beats.
Apr 01st 2014

stylez dainty
Member since Nov 22nd 2004
6740 posts
Mon Mar-31-14 04:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "^"
In response to Reply # 0

----
I check for: Serengeti, Zeroh, Open Mike Eagle, Jeremiah Jae, Moka Only.

45RPM
Member since Jan 23rd 2014
285 posts
Mon Mar-31-14 09:04 PM

2. "This post is Spam home slice. You're just selling your beats."
In response to Reply # 0

Anonymous
Charter member
23230 posts
Mon Mar-31-14 09:16 PM

3. "Damn yo...I never thought of it that way"
In response to Reply # 0

stylez dainty
Member since Nov 22nd 2004
6740 posts
Tue Apr-01-14 11:09 AM

4. "It really changed my preconceived notions of $30 beats."
In response to Reply # 3

----
I check for: Serengeti, Zeroh, Open Mike Eagle, Jeremiah Jae, Moka Only.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2878381 Previous topic | Next topic