Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2872034

Subject: "Things Fall Apart...15 Years Later" Previous topic | Next topic
ChampD1012
Member since Sep 27th 2003
8355 posts
Sun Feb-23-14 08:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Things Fall Apart...15 Years Later"

Today marks the 15th Anniversary of The Roots' Things Fall Apart album.

I know we are going to revisit the album later this week but I wanted to give props to the entire Roots crew that still lurks this board...

It's a classic...I am glad you made it and look forward to more

Kudos...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Things Fall Apart...15 Years Later
Feb 23rd 2014
Things Fall Apart will go down as the album
Feb 23rd 2014

MeshaMeesh
Member since Jan 06th 2014
842 posts
Sun Feb-23-14 02:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Things Fall Apart...15 Years Later"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm so happy for them... I was listening to TFA last night in preparation for my celebratory listening of TFA today lol... this is a classic. Even though it is not my favorite album from them, it will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.

It'll be cool if everyone changes their avatar to the album cover (like my lame self did) hahaha... wishful thinking.

God Bless you Roots Crew and Okayplayers all around the world.

Love, Peace, and Respect!

---

https://twitter.com/MeeshUniVerSoul

welp

forgivenphoenix
Member since Dec 08th 2007
2514 posts
Sun Feb-23-14 08:02 PM

2. "Things Fall Apart will go down as the album"
In response to Reply # 0

that made The Roots noticed by the general public.

It has the song that won them their highest critical acclaim (You Got Me) and was the album that sold more than any other. (almost platinum)

Personally, this isn't my favorite album (Phrenology) but it is the album that brings up the most pride when thinking of The Roots.

Organix, Do You Want More??!!??, and Illadelph Halflife had moments and songs that pointed to their potential, but Things Fall Apart was the album where both Black Thought & Malik B's rhymes and The Grand Wizzard's production were able to translate the energy and greatness of their live shows on a studio album.

From the multiple album covers to the cleanness of the design of the actual disc to the craftsmanship contained in the songs, this is an album that really reflects the artistic spirit of The Roots.

http://www.twitter.com/chriscjamison/

People who don't take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year.

Peter Drucker

Lobby The Lesson topic #2872034 Previous topic | Next topic