Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2867704

Subject: "Pixies - "Magdalena" video/Rolling Stone- vid link in article" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Tue Jan-28-14 06:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Pixies - "Magdalena" video/Rolling Stone- vid link in article"

sounds good - never much liked them before. I owned "Doolittle" before. I could tell why others liked them, though. Luv Kim immensely though (I know she left them recently).

I like the feel of the song, esp when the vocals get "haunting" in the chorus (that "resonance" effect, I think its called, from my old, guitar effects days). That'll usually do it for me.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/pixies-explore-surreal-egg-balancing-in-magdalena-20140127

Pixies Explore Surreal Egg Balancing in 'Magdalena'
The new video features British choreographer Nando Messias

By
Andy Greene

January 27, 2014 11:30 AM
Pixies just kicked off their 2014 American tour with new bassist Paz Lenchantin and with that they've unveiled a video for "Magdalena" from their new release EP2. It stars British performance artist and choreographer Nando Messias, who dresses up like a woman in the surreal video and has a very bizarre morning that culminates with him walking through a tunnel while balancing an egg on a spoon.

(see link for full article)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #2867704 Previous topic | Next topic