Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2865694

Subject: "*** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ***" Previous topic | Next topic
MISTA MONOTONE
Member since Jan 30th 2004
58563 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 09:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"*** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ***"

* i think i've reached the point where i *really* like some of the newer commercial radio joints. i've passed the threshold of "WTF is THIS BULLSHIT" to "ehh...this is kinda alright", to *turns to commercial radio station* *hopes they play "All Me"*. SMH.

* confession 1A: i no longer hate Drake. gotta give it to him, the boy can rhyme.

* i'm still no fan of Lil Wayne. he's calmed down on that dumb ass laughing in the middle of his raps that irritated me so much, but now he's just stringing together some of the most juvenile similies ever. with that said "Rich AF" is my SHIT. i love that beat. and the chorus. *shrugs*

* YO...i'm not even jokin', son. that new Fredro Starr joint GOES. i wouldn't have believed it either. i was on one of those mixtape websites listening to something else and saw Fredro on there and decided to give it a listen, and was pleasantly surprised. i would have liked at least ONE joint where he's screaming ol school Onyx style, but whatever. shit's nice.

* OH...i remember why i was looking on the mixtape site. i was trying to check out Fabolous' Soul Tape 3. SOLID. i'm not even a fan like that, but it's good.

* on the strength of Desus & Mero's podcast, i'm in the midst of French Montana's "Coke Boys 4". i think i'm starting to like everything these days, i'm disappointed in myself. lol. there's some good stuff on here, but there's a lot of stuff i'd never want to hear again.

* i need to figure out a way to get on Zo's! payroll. that boy good and i think there's a next level he should be able to get to. i've got some ideas.

* no matter how much i may like some of this new hip hop, i couldn't imagine spinning it. trying to blend all these damn ratchet hi hats must be a fucking nightmare. i can imagine what a struggle DJ must sound like trying to do just that. YIKES.

* speaking of awful DJ's, why i am i *just* getting familiar with this whole Grandmaster Jay fiasco??? what a maroon.

* i can't wait til my computer is operational/i get a new one. so many moves to make, i'm handcuffed.

add on!

------------------------------------------
latest mixtape:
https://www.mixcloud.com/mistamonotone/music-to-smack-motherfckers-to/

mistamonotone - taboo
http://mistamonotone.bandcamp.com/album/taboo

@mistamonotone
IG: mistamonotone

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Grandmaster Jay is a hip hop legend son!!! just ask him!
Jan 15th 2014
RE: *** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ***
Jan 15th 2014
"You know... it was just... an accountant issue..."
Jan 15th 2014
Coke is the worst thing to happen to music
Jan 15th 2014
RE: Coke is the worst thing to happen to music
Jan 15th 2014
how's everybody doing after the crash?
Jan 15th 2014
RE: *** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ***
Jan 15th 2014
i'm better than dilla, just blaze, & bink! combined
Jan 15th 2014
First, my responses:
Jan 15th 2014
I've been having a good time with music
Jan 15th 2014
Maaan,
Jan 24th 2014

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 09:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Grandmaster Jay is a hip hop legend son!!! just ask him!"
In response to Reply # 0

MISTA MONOTONE
Member since Jan 30th 2004
58563 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 11:00 AM

2. "RE: *** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ***"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfcS0PLiaHA
Havoc interview from the Breakfast club. after watching this, there is no doubt in my mind that Hav & P are reuniting for a check. i think i'm ok with that. actually, i'm fine if they never get back together. P solo is good enough for me. i'm kinda concerned at what new Mobb is gonna sound like, especially with the new production angles that Hav has been taking.

------------------------------------------
latest mixtape:
https://www.mixcloud.com/mistamonotone/music-to-smack-motherfckers-to/

mistamonotone - taboo
http://mistamonotone.bandcamp.com/album/taboo

@mistamonotone
IG: mistamonotone

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 02:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. ""You know... it was just... an accountant issue...""
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, this shit is a cash grab, but I guess I'm good with it as long as they don't do any blatant simp shit. They were both pretty damn strong in 2013, so I think they got it in them. I'd really like them to do a whole album with Alchemist, but that's clearly the "Albert Einstein" fan in me talking. I'm not that hyped to hear them rhyming over Boi 1-Da beats, but whatever.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Coke is the worst thing to happen to music"
In response to Reply # 0

2013 was phenomenal. I could back it up with a whole list of shit that majority of mofos ain't care about let alone listened to, but I'll be damned if I'mma let these bammas talk about music sucking.

Hopefully making music this week. That would be a nice change of pace.

I'm still amazed by the legs so many shitty bands have, mainly because they got connected to the right PR people who keep them in the mouths of the right people in the press. Seeing that from all sides of the conversation can be disheartening, especially when there are so many deserving artists putting strong efforts forward that go beneath the radar.

Running a label is hard as fuck, and probably shouldn't be done after you have kids. That said I'm excited for what we're cooking up this year.

The ubiquitousness of Bandcamp... I keep saying it. But yeah, feel some kinda way.

I really really really want' to say told ya so to all these johnny come lately's on Mos Def's Ecstatic, but I'mma just leave it hear and take the high ground.

You ever hear a voice and as soon as you hear it realize that you are fucking up? Yeah that happened last night. Man alive that voice was so strong.

There's a gospel angle there. I think televangelism killed gospel. Once it really started becoming a show, all the fundamentals started falling a part.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Funkymusic
Member since Sep 19th 2008
1559 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 12:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: Coke is the worst thing to happen to music"
In response to Reply # 3

maybe i missed some hot releases. what are a few joints that you think most people or even i missed from 2013?

signature pose.

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 03:07 PM

10. "how's everybody doing after the crash?"
In response to Reply # 3

I take it that thing you asked me about turned out okay too...

-------
so I'm in a band now:
album ---> http://greenwoodburns.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud ---> http://soundcloud.com/greenwood-burns

my own stuff -->http://soundcloud.com/lonesomedstringband

avy by buckshot_defunct

Small Pro
Member since Apr 06th 2006
12593 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 12:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "RE: *** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ***"
In response to Reply # 0

i was afraid that fabolous shit was gonna be dope...

ive been publically hating on him for a minute now and its been so comfortable

i dont like new things

--------------------------------------
https://smallprofessor.bandcamp.com

Bblock
Member since Feb 20th 2012
6243 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 01:49 PM

6. "i'm better than dilla, just blaze, & bink! combined"
In response to Reply # 0

don' beliee me, jes watch

life always offers you a 2nd chance...it's called tomorrow. use it wisely

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 02:17 PM

8. "First, my responses:"
In response to Reply # 0

>* i think i've reached the point where i *really* like some
>of the newer commercial radio joints. i've passed the
>threshold of "WTF is THIS BULLSHIT" to "ehh...this is kinda
>alright", to *turns to commercial radio station* *hopes they
>play "All Me"*. SMH.

Um... nah man. About the only radio stuff I like these days is A$AP Mob affiliated, Kendrick Lamar, and Pusha T. And I don't even know if those tracks get played on the radio.

>* YO...i'm not even jokin', son. that new Fredro Starr joint
>GOES. i wouldn't have believed it either. i was on one of
>those mixtape websites listening to something else and saw
>Fredro on there and decided to give it a listen, and was
>pleasantly surprised. i would have liked at least ONE joint
>where he's screaming ol school Onyx style, but whatever.
>shit's nice.

Word? I should check this out. I heard the track he did with Audible Doctor for the Mello Music Group compilation goes, but I should download the new mixtape.

>* OH...i remember why i was looking on the mixtape site. i
>was trying to check out Fabolous' Soul Tape 3. SOLID. i'm
>not even a fan like that, but it's good.
>
>* on the strength of Desus & Mero's podcast, i'm in the midst
>of French Montana's "Coke Boys 4". i think i'm starting to
>like everything these days, i'm disappointed in myself. lol.

I downloaded both of these, but I haven't listened to either yet. Given that I think we're in latter day "NY Street Rap" renaissance, it wouldn't surprise me if I liked both, even if I wouldn't check for an "official" album by either.

BTW, you should download the Troy Ave. "New York City" mixtape. I'd bet it's right up your alley.

>* i need to figure out a way to get on Zo's! payroll. that
>boy good and i think there's a next level he should be able to
>get to. i've got some ideas.

Don't front, you just want to get a chance to dance like one of the Scott brothers in his next video.

>* no matter how much i may like some of this new hip hop, i
>couldn't imagine spinning it. trying to blend all these damn
>ratchet hi hats must be a fucking nightmare. i can imagine
>what a struggle DJ must sound like trying to do just that.
>YIKES.

LOL @ "ratchet hi hats." I'm going to steal that.

>* speaking of awful DJ's, why i am i *just* getting familiar
>with this whole Grandmaster Jay fiasco??? what a maroon.

Okay, so I've seen the video and the facebook post. But what exactly is the dude's deal? Where did he come from?

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Wed Jan-15-14 02:58 PM

9. "I've been having a good time with music"
In response to Reply # 0

been making more for sure, tendency is def. toward quicker and dirtier pieces instead of bigger arrangements. Just did my second ever piece with a sampled drum loop, still totally an old-time country piece but lots of fun to put together and the drum loop made it a different experience: https://soundcloud.com/lonesomedstringband/cripple-creek

also writing reviews, which gives me a perfectly valid excuse for listening to new music, something I'd avoided for several years. Still mostly folky stuff and roots-rock but I welcome any excuse to keep my thinking-about-music skills sharp (and get hipped to some good stuff).

And man, my mulberry home brew beer? mmmmmm can't wait for June to do it again. Just finally brewing my 2013 raspberry batch now and (based on the success of the mulberry batch) will oak that too. The other harvest beers were great too, but it's going to be time to start brewing and kegging a few session ales again soon. That kegerator is too nice to let sit in the basement unused. And I gave up soda this year so EXTRA CALORIES IN MY DIET FOR BEER (or chocolate).

-------
so I'm in a band now:
album ---> http://greenwoodburns.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud ---> http://soundcloud.com/greenwood-burns

my own stuff -->http://soundcloud.com/lonesomedstringband

avy by buckshot_defunct

_Torchbaras
Member since Jun 03rd 2011
2031 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 10:02 PM

11. "Maaan,"
In response to Reply # 0

>* YO...i'm not even jokin', son. that new Fredro Starr joint
>GOES. i wouldn't have believed it either. i was on one of
>those mixtape websites listening to something else and saw
>Fredro on there and decided to give it a listen, and was
>pleasantly surprised. i would have liked at least ONE joint
>where he's screaming ol school Onyx style, but whatever.
>shit's nice.

...that album is a beast. 2013 top 10 to me.

Audible Doc worked magic on there. Front to back listen, and thats rare nowadays!

----------------------------------

NEW Edo.G album FreEDOm coming soon!!!

Lobby The Lesson topic #2865694 Previous topic | Next topic