Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2853234

Subject: "Am I the only one that wishes that Prince's Sexuality should have been l..." Previous topic | Next topic
Strangeways
Member since Jul 10th 2007
1988 posts
Sat Nov-02-13 06:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Am I the only one that wishes that Prince's Sexuality should have been l..."
Sat Nov-02-13 06:45 PM by Strangeways

longer than 4:20 especially how it fades with the sexy rhythm guitar is played so crisp and clean that it sounds like clockwork and then the drums come back in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_(Prince_song)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Lovers

I love everything about this new wave funk pop song especially the naughty chicken grease rhythm guitar played in the pocket with those jungle drums and synthesized bass with stabs of rock n roll throw in for fun.....I remember a long time ago back in 1992 or 93, my uncle and I were at eat more records and saw the 12" promos for Controversy and Sexuality and both said long versions listed on the album covers except Controversy 12" was a black cover with white letters (which is on ebay) and Sexuality 12" was a white cover with black letters and we came back that friday because my uncle had to get his paycheck and both were gone...to this day, I cant find this Sexuality 12" promo anywhere and if I remember correctly, it said Sexuality short version on side 1 and Sexuality long version on side 2. This song was always considered a funky punk song to me and one of Prince's best punk rock songs. does anyone have this 12" or remember seeing this 12" promo? I even remember hearing this song along with sexy dancer in the 1982 movie "summer lovers" which was shown on bounce tv back in 2010 and didnt know that his music was getting exposure in films back then.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i can't find proof of a long version.
Nov 02nd 2013
RE: i can't find proof of a long version.
Nov 02nd 2013
here is another bootleg Prince box set that ive never seen again since 1...
Nov 02nd 2013
sorry cant help
Nov 03rd 2013
RE: Am I the only one that wishes that Prince's Sexuality should have be...
Nov 17th 2013
Nov 17th 2013
Nov 18th 2013

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sat Nov-02-13 08:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i can't find proof of a long version."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.princevault.com/index.php/Single:_Sexuality

http://www.discogs.com/Prince-Sexuality/master/193714

the 12 inch singles for 'Sexuality' had the long version of 'Controversy' (which is just the album version, of course).

fuck you.

Strangeways
1988 posts
Sat Nov-02-13 08:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: i can't find proof of a long version."
In response to Reply # 1
Sat Nov-02-13 08:37 PM by Strangeways

well, that song would have been perfect for a remix or as a dub version on 12" single....I remember earlier this year, someone made a dj Prince mix where the intro started off with the drums for sexuality. now,that was funky.

Strangeways
1988 posts
Sat Nov-02-13 08:51 PM

3. "here is another bootleg Prince box set that ive never seen again since 1..."
In response to Reply # 1

now, I wish that I could find this one in a shop again cuz someone beat us to this one back in 1993 but I heard that it is just Smalls Club cd with rave unto the joy fantastic and d.m.s.r.

http://www.audiophileusa.com/item.cfm?record=53836&c=1&kw=Pop

quatto
Member since Jul 02nd 2010
435 posts
Sun Nov-03-13 03:25 PM

4. "sorry cant help "
In response to Reply # 0

id love to hear that though. Finding out that there were extended versions of so many prince songs is really what got me into record collecting back in the day... so many jams.

Strangeways
1988 posts
Sun Nov-17-13 10:04 PM

5. "RE: Am I the only one that wishes that Prince's Sexuality should have be..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Nov-17-13 10:14 PM by Strangeways

the whole rude boy image was pretty epic for its time because Prince really showed em how it was done especially with songs like jack you off, annie christian, and of course Controversy.

Strangeways
1988 posts
Sun Nov-17-13 10:32 PM

6. "RE: Am I the only one that wishes that Prince's Sexuality should have be..."
In response to Reply # 0

I was watching some documentary on youtube, i think it was the glory years and this british white guy was telling the story of how he saw Prince live in Amsterdam along with a group of others and he stated that there wasnt many people at that show but he said that the highlight of the show was how Prince did the extended version of jack you off and had the whole crowd going "JACK YOU OFF" in a british accent.

Strangeways
1988 posts
Mon Nov-18-13 07:45 PM

7. "RE: Am I the only one that wishes that Prince's Sexuality should have be..."
In response to Reply # 0

This is the documentary that i was talking about where the older british guy talks about seeing Prince and how he performed jack you off as an extended jam in amsterdam during the Controversy Tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRNYiFxR2Ps

Lobby The Lesson topic #2853234 Previous topic | Next topic