Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2850217

Subject: "Eminem On MMLP2: Not Necessarily A Sequel" Previous topic | Next topic
Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Wed Oct-23-13 09:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Eminem On MMLP2: Not Necessarily A Sequel"
Wed Oct-23-13 09:24 PM by Starks dunked on Bul

Eminem sat down with Rolling Stone to discuss his upcoming 8th studio album The Marshall Mathers LP 2 which drops on November 5th.

Check it out below.

“Calling it The Marshall Mathers LP 2, obviously I knew that there might be certain expectations. I wouldn’t want to call it that just for the sake of calling it that. I had to make sure that I had the right songs – and just when you think you got it, you listen and you’re like, ‘fu*k, man! I feel like it needs this or that,’ to paint the whole picture.

..not necessarily a sequel, as much as it is a revisitation. So there’s not gonna be, like, continuations of every old song on there or anything like that,” he adds. “To me, it’s more about the vibe, and it’s more about the nostalgia.

Getting with him was like, ‘Holy sh*t!’” says Eminem. “As many genres of music that he is able to fu*k with, he’s like Yoda. I couldn’t do it. You sit me there with a rock group, I don’t know the first fu*king thing about banging on the drums.”

Poll result (1 votes)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i was wondering about that.
Oct 23rd 2013
I'm interested to read this article...
Oct 24th 2013

Joe Corn Mo
Member since Aug 29th 2010
15139 posts
Wed Oct-23-13 09:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i was wondering about that. "
In response to Reply # 0

b/c none of the music I've heard off of this album
sounds like it's in the same spirit as MMLP.

the humor isn't there.
the anger at the world isn't there.
the shock value isn't there.

it doesn't feel like a continuation at all.

this feels more like a boxer that fears he's past his prime
getting back in the ring.

i will say that this is the album he was trying to make with recovery.
and it probably represents him trying to get back to what drew him to hip hop to begin with. which is why he called it that i guess.

but yeah, i didn't get the title either.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Thu Oct-24-13 10:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I'm interested to read this article..."
In response to Reply # 0

for a few reasons, but mostly because to me it really doesn't seem like he wanted to make this album at all, or at the very least make it the way it has been made.

Like, during that strange interview with Musberger and what's his name during the Notre Dame/Michigan game, people thought he was just playing a role but to me it seemed like he was serious when he said "I'm just gonna be glad when the whole thing is over" and responded "nothing" when asked what he was most excited about with the upcoming album.

To further that, in this little snippet of the RS article he is basically referencing deadlines and shit like that so something tells me that he was asked via contract to make the album in a certain timeframe and maybe was just appeasing the label?

I'm 100% speculating it just seems weird to me that he dyed his hair blonde again and named his album "MMLP2," just following the trend of the day in hip-hop, after saying in 2009 or 2010 that he's "fucking 36 years old, why am I still dying my hair blonde?" and shit like that.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Lobby The Lesson topic #2850217 Previous topic | Next topic