Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2843702

Subject: "East Coast Rock the Bells Festivals CANCELED *swipe*" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Thu Sep-26-13 04:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"East Coast Rock the Bells Festivals CANCELED *swipe*"

It was too late in the year anyways.

http://pitchfork.com/news/52447-rock-the-bells-cancel-new-jersey-and-dc-festivals/

The touring hip-hop festival Rock the Bells has cancelled its Washington, DC and New York-area installments, the Washington Post and Brooklyn Vegan report, with various artists' Twitters confirming.

The lineup this year included Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler the Creator, Danny Brown, Black Hippy, Juicy J, Curren$y, Big K.R.I.T., A$AP Mob, Pusha T, Freddie Gibbs, Joey Bada$$, Girl Talk, Common, Kid Cudi, Rakim, and more— not to mention "original virtual performances" by the late Eazy-E (with Bone Thugs-n-Harmony) and Ol' Dirty Bastard (with the Wu-Tang Clan).

The DC event was scheduled to take place at RFK Stadium this weekend (September 28 and 29); the New York event was scheduled for October 4-5 at the Meadlowlands Stadium in nearby East Rutherford, New Jersey. No official word has been given on refunds or causes of cancellation from the Rock the Bells camp.

Rock the Bells' West Coast events, which took place earlier in September in Los Angeles and San Francisco, went off as planned.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
"due to lack of ticket sales"
Sep 27th 2013
Does that mean they don't have to pay the artists in full?
Sep 27th 2013
      RE: Does that mean they don't have to pay the artists in full?
Sep 27th 2013
RE: East Coast Rock the Bells Festivals CANCELED *swipe*
Sep 27th 2013
Disappointing.
Sep 27th 2013
friends that went in years past say it was a disaster
Sep 27th 2013
I went to the SF date a couple weeks ago...
Sep 27th 2013

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Fri Sep-27-13 12:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. ""due to lack of ticket sales""
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.rockthebells.net/rock-the-bells-cancelled-in-dc-ny/

Festival organizers, Guerilla Union, announced today that the upcoming Rock the Bells Festival tour-stops in Washington, DC and New York City are now cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales. The festival was slated to take place in Washington, DC this weekend (September 28 and 29) and New York City the following weekend (October 4 and 5).

Chang Weisberg, founder and owner of Guerilla Union states: “First and foremost, it is with great sadness and disappointment that we must cancel the Washington, DC and New York City Rock the Bells dates due to lack of ticket sales. I, along with our staff, the artists, and all of the sponsors, media partners, local promoters, and radio stations involved are thankful for our supporters and the fans that planned on attending. It’s extremely unfortunate that we can’t complete the last half of the 10th Anniversary Rock the Bells tour. We did everything in our power to save the show. Unfortunately, the financial loss would have been devastating. This festival has been ten years in the making. I am truly sorry we could not produce the show for all the fans who did buy their ticket in support of.”

Full refunds will be honored at the location where fans purchased their tickets.

http://urkelmoedee.com
http://urkelmoedee.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/urkelmoedee

PSN: UrkelMoeDee

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Fri Sep-27-13 09:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Does that mean they don't have to pay the artists in full?"
In response to Reply # 1

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Fri Sep-27-13 11:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "RE: Does that mean they don't have to pay the artists in full?"
In response to Reply # 3

Depends on contracts kid.... I am sure that the headliners have been paid the majority of fees already..

There is usually a clause about the promoter canceling or extenuating circumstances...

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

melanon
Member since Oct 21st 2003
2012 posts
Fri Sep-27-13 03:08 AM

2. "RE: East Coast Rock the Bells Festivals CANCELED *swipe*"
In response to Reply # 0

Shaking my MUTHAFUCKIN head at "the Brooklyn vegan"

Rap is over. We been priced out.

Vega Incognito
Member since Nov 14th 2007
233 posts
Fri Sep-27-13 11:57 AM

5. "Disappointing."
In response to Reply # 0

There were a bunch of acts I was looking forward to seeing.

http://officialbusiness.bandcamp.com <--- *Episodes .5 - 6 Here. Free. Check it out. Thanks.

http://www.twitter.com/rixwritesheat

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18386 posts
Fri Sep-27-13 03:50 PM

6. "friends that went in years past say it was a disaster"
In response to Reply # 0

typical for nothing to start on time, sound to be bad, acts to end sets early etc

ob1 kenobi
Member since Sep 11th 2003
4306 posts
Fri Sep-27-13 07:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "I went to the SF date a couple weeks ago..."
In response to Reply # 0

...bought tickets for the Sunday show. I had a blast.

The only other one I've been to was in '05 and saw Tribe/Cypress/Jaylib/Little Brother/Jurassic 5 (as well as others).

I thought it went good... sound for the most part was good. Balancing who to see with the three stages was tough... got to see Danny Brown, Action, Earl, Slick Rick, Kendrick/TDE, and then Wu-Tang. Only one i missed was Dilated, which conflicted with Danny and Action.

Though the show was amazing - except Rae and Ghost weren't there. Kendrick was amazing live.

"...You didn't do the knowledge what the God was manifestin'..."

Lobby The Lesson topic #2843702 Previous topic | Next topic