Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2837976

Subject: "Full album stream of Earth Wind & Fire's new album (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
Errol Walton Barrow
Member since Jul 02nd 2002
6186 posts
Tue Sep-03-13 09:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Full album stream of Earth Wind & Fire's new album (link)"

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/exclusive-first-listen-earth-wind-fire-brand-album-130632630.html

It sounds like a good ol time so far! I'm at "Guiding Light," which sounds a bit soggy, but everything up to this point has been great to me.

Now, Then & Forever – track listing
01. Sign On
02. Love Is Law
03. My Promise
04. Guiding Lights
05. Got To Be Love
06. Belo Horizonte
07. Dance Floor
08. Splashes
09. Night Of My Life
10. The Rush

-------
http://adevotedappraisal.tumblr.com - Essays, reviews, short stories and free writes on music, film and life around us.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
as been the case for the past 30 years with them i expect
Sep 03rd 2013
yeah you're right. and the enjoyment is better when the
Sep 03rd 2013
      as a fellow elements fan, you hear that larry dunn is on board
Sep 03rd 2013

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Tue Sep-03-13 10:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "as been the case for the past 30 years with them i expect"
In response to Reply # 0

hopefully a 3 star project. i know it ain't never going to be the 74-79 golden Fyre era, however a solid record is cool.

appreciate the lank,lank

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Errol Walton Barrow
Member since Jul 02nd 2002
6186 posts
Tue Sep-03-13 11:05 AM

2. "yeah you're right. and the enjoyment is better when the "
In response to Reply # 1

expectation is muted, so that you get surprised every once in a while, like with that instrumental "splashes". If people go in expecting to hear another "reasons" or something, it's gonna be a bad time. Solid, 3 star albums is just about right, maybe even 3.5.

-------
http://adevotedappraisal.tumblr.com - Essays, reviews, short stories and free writes on music, film and life around us.

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Tue Sep-03-13 11:12 AM

3. "as a fellow elements fan, you hear that larry dunn is on board"
In response to Reply # 2

and you start smiling, however i'm a huge larry dunn fan, however you would need al mckay back and at this point the expectations ain't even close to the same.

i'd take a uncut book on them now quite honestly over any new albums, unless there was a vaulted project from 75-79 around. thats just me.

and without maurice in full form or part time form it takes a way as well imo. miss his pressence more so vocally.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Lobby The Lesson topic #2837976 Previous topic | Next topic