Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2834285

Subject: "New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game" link.." Previous topic | Next topic
Tony Hanes
Member since May 27th 2013
429 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 03:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game" link.."

New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game"

http://www.datpiff.com/Rapsody-She-Got-Game-mixtape.523310.html?utm_campaign=piff.me&utm_source=http://t.co/aZysVDkXeG&utm_medium=piff.me

I think its dope. Nice features and beats.

Peace

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Thanks, this needed a post or two!
Aug 20th 2013
RE: New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game" link..
Aug 20th 2013
on Caught Up she talks about Def Jam blocking KRIT from producing her
Aug 20th 2013
theres also
Aug 20th 2013
9th and Kryhsis been off my radar for some reason...silly me
Aug 20th 2013
      RE: 9th and Kryhsis been off my radar for some reason...silly me
Aug 20th 2013
fuck Def Jam and how they handle KRIT
Aug 21st 2013
Aug 20th 2013
Aug 21st 2013
Aug 21st 2013
this mixtape is soooo fire
Aug 28th 2013
She needs to be heard!!!!!
Aug 28th 2013
Sep 05th 2013
My Rapsody - She Got Game Review (Swipe)
Sep 12th 2013
RE: My Rapsody - She Got Game Review (Swipe)
Sep 12th 2013
my morning run mixtape
Sep 12th 2013
Slept on this hard.
Sep 22nd 2013
RE: Slept on this hard.
Sep 22nd 2013

_Torchbaras
Member since Jun 03rd 2011
2031 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 03:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Thanks, this needed a post or two!"
In response to Reply # 0

Rapsody spells solid hip hop at its finest...

All them Jamla cats been puttin in serious work and puttin out serious heat for YEARS!!!

Lots of quality shit in the vaults, and you aint really hafta dig deep... for the free yup!

My favs on here are

Thank You Very Much
Dark Knights
Feel Like (Love Love)

Where AMP at tho???????????????????????

----------------------------------

NEW Edo.G album FreEDOm coming soon!!!

Goose
Member since Feb 05th 2006
4635 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 07:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game" link.."
In response to Reply # 0

Very dope mixtape.

http://smallkidbigcity.tumblr.com/
www.facebook.com/zgase
www.facebook.com/pages/Goose/207963479294713
www.twitter.com/gooseohio
www.dwightschrutebeetf

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16803 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 07:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "on Caught Up she talks about Def Jam blocking KRIT from producing her"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Aug-20-13 07:38 PM by tomjohn29

can someone expound on this?
that would be so dope

oh and Mac on a 9th beat........he came off

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 07:51 PM

4. "theres also"
In response to Reply # 3

other official MM/9th collabos...

Round Table Discussion from Rap´s The Idea Of Beautiful

That´s Love from 9th´s The Wonder Years

Blankin Out from Rap´s Return of The B-Girl

and

The Scoop On Heaven but im not sure if that ones official...

but thats a whole nother post!

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16803 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 07:53 PM

5. "9th and Kryhsis been off my radar for some reason...silly me"
In response to Reply # 4

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 07:59 PM

6. "RE: 9th and Kryhsis been off my radar for some reason...silly me"
In response to Reply # 5

had a similar vacation from Khrysis coupla yrs back when he went on some kinda synth and a drumbox adventure...

Im back since he back lol...

Menphyel7
Charter member
36436 posts
Wed Aug-21-13 02:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "fuck Def Jam and how they handle KRIT "
In response to Reply # 3

http://twitter.com/Menphyel7

"F you Im better in tune with the Infinite"

stone_phalanges
Member since Mar 06th 2010
1815 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 09:42 PM

7. "RE: New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game" link.."
In response to Reply # 0

This is sick. Shes the best(only?) woman in the game, which I guess isn't much of a complement......

She is making some of the best music out among female or male human rappers.

www.anwarmorse.com
https://www.instagram.com/thereal_anwarmorse99/

NinthWonder
Member since Aug 22nd 2002
786 posts
Wed Aug-21-13 09:36 AM

8. "RE: New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game" link.."
In response to Reply # 7

Much Love y'all.....

We Must Educate As Well as Entertain

9th Wonder
Grammy Award Winning Producer/DJ
Universal Zulu Nation
Harvard University Fellow
Artist of Residence - North Carolina Central U.
Visiting Professor - Duke University
Artist Of Residence - University of Penn

DrasOne
Member since May 21st 2012
575 posts
Wed Aug-21-13 01:54 PM

9. "RE: New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game" link.."
In response to Reply # 8

quality product...NC reppin HARD!

Goin from upside down to right side up at the speed of thought

truekolor
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
1330 posts
Wed Aug-28-13 12:39 AM

11. "this mixtape is soooo fire"
In response to Reply # 0

I cant get enough of it, I feel like its gettin slept on, every track on here is dope, dope beats dope rhymes like phonte used to say..even wale came off lol..arguably best mixtape of the year..besides chance acipld rap joint

nativesun07
Member since Mar 28th 2004
3620 posts
Wed Aug-28-13 02:14 PM

12. "She needs to be heard!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I should put that in a song

@nategoodness
www.nategoodness.com

The avatar is old. And, no, that hat was not a groovy style back then, either.

Tony Hanes
429 posts
Thu Sep-05-13 08:23 AM

13. "RE: New mixtape from Rapsody x DJ Drama "She Got Game" link.."
In response to Reply # 0

Up this....hopefully people will not sleep on this. This is top 3 mixtapes of the year easily..

the_time_is_when_god...lounge
Member since Nov 19th 2012
5495 posts
Thu Sep-12-13 10:05 AM

14. "My Rapsody - She Got Game Review (Swipe) "
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.smashmouthfm.com/2013/09/12/rapsody-she-got-game/

I ain’t gonna front- I slept on Rapsody. Thing is, I feel like I had good reason though. Peep the scene, my introduction to her was ‘Thank H.E.R. Now’…which released in the same week (maybe even to the day) as Jean Grae’s ‘Cookies or Comas’…With Jean being Jean, I wasn’t exactly checking for Rapsody at the moment. I downloaded the joint, and vaulted it. Fast forward to 2013…I finally woke up from my coma..no pun.

When I looked at the tracklist to this joint…I had to check it just out of respect for the production of 9th wonder and my justus league favorite, Khrysis. No shade to Rapsody..she dope and shit. I’m just saying, who don’t wanna listen to 9th and Khrysis…oh, and a Phonte, Jay Elect, Chance The Rapper feature and Rae of course…

1. A Song About Nothing – So… DJ Drama…after falling out of favor with all them bamas he used to do coon tapes with, he now rocks with talent and ruins the beginning of their tape saying dumb shit about ‘the game’ and how ‘its changed’ and won’t be ‘the same’ after this tape…thats cool though. This is a pretty good way to start the album though..very introduce you to the scene type rhetoric…Is it just me though, or is her cadence and voice sounding kinda jean-y? 3.5/5

2. Coconut Oil feat. Raekwon – Man…no shade, but this track was tailor made for Chef. Almost like 9th was like, ‘yo, I need a Rae joint…Rap, hit up Rae’…She did her thing too, but Rae just like gave birth on this shit. Between Rae and Nas, these niggas aging so gracefully as emcees. Its beautiful to watch. 9th Wonder you remarkable nigga. 4/5

3. Thank You Very Much – I’m not really a fan of this beat, but as she executes the concept of the written over it…it grows on me. This concept is simple, but at the same time I feel like I haven’t anyone do it lol… 3.5/5

4. Lonely Thoughts feat. Chance The Rapper – This joint was cool, before Chance..but he took it to another level. It seems as if the producers are making joints for the feature rapper and giving them to Rapsody..To put it in a more positive light, Rapsody has perfect features on this tape. I can’t wait for a Chance The Rapper album. 4/5

5. Caught Up featuring Raheeem Devaughn – The one neo soul ass nigga that I never really listened to lol…I love how they sampled this Tweet joint. Joey Badass sampled it on Summer Knights, but this is like 1,000 times better than his. This Khrysis though so… with that said…for some reason this joint seems lightweight all over the place. It’s cool, but just scatters. 3/5

6. Generation – Mac Miller and Jared Evan – I hate white rappers, and Mac Miller ain’t giving me no intervention. I kinda don’t even understand what’s going on here…that almost 80s power song hook is weird. Rapsody brings it back a little bit though. 3/5

7. Special Way – I’m a keep it real…I can’t even fairly judge this joint, because all I hear is the AZ joint from ’9 Lives’…Rapsody is dope, but she ain’t quite AZ…so its hard for me. 3/5

8. Dark Knights feat. Wale – Wale… one of my least favorite rappers today. This beat is crazy though and Rapsody is riding this shit crazy. I’m so tired of these dudes rapping like they are forreal spitting and they not. Like, its one thing for these wack rapping niggas like Gucci who not trying to sound dope, but these Wale niggas…stop it. 3/5

9. My Song feat. Mela Machinko – Nice flip of a classic joint right here. Rapsody is kinda all over the place again on this joint, but this beat is pretty damn nice. 3.5/5

10. Complacent feat. Problem – I like this beat…vintage 9th. This is the first time I am ever hearing this cat Problem. He is decent. Gets a little meh at the end of his verse, but he does his thing aight. Raspsody is ok on here, but overall this joint is rather forgettable. 3/5

11. Lover After feat. Gwen Bunn – Wow…ok, this shit is crazy and it caught me off guard the way Gwen Bunn comes in with the smooth shit and then this crazy beat drops…This is the craziest shit on the album to this point…This that shit that makes me wanna rap. 4/5

12. Kingship – I am about to say something that I can not recall me ever saying in all of my years listening to music…all the Gangstarr, Group Home..all the 20,000 Prem joints i’ve heard… This is a wack ass Premier track. Like, wtf. 2.5/5

13. Feel Like (Love Love) feat. Common – Smooth joint…I don’t mind this at all. This Common verse is probably the best Common i’ve heard in years…This was ODIAMS Com right here…love. 3.5/5

14. Never Fail – This joint is decent but underwhelming. The beat and her rhymes blend well but to a negative vibe this time around. 3/5

15. Never Know feat. Nipsey Hussle, Ab-Soul, and Terrace Martin – Ab-Soul is dope as fuck. The rest of this joint is pretty good…he steps up and makes this very good. 3.5/5

16. Jedi Code feat. Phonte and Jay Electronica – Phonte the god. Nigga is a great emcee, nigga is a great singer. Most talented nigga in music, period. He kills this shit too of course. and this beat…c’mon man…This is a fantastic way to end the tape…Rapsody was perfect on this beat too…wow. but uhhh, it ain’t all sweet on this joint. Jay Electronica mailed it in. 4/5

Conclusion: Rapsody is a dope femcee (lmao, I hate that) and she certainly has potential. With that said, I feel like i’m judging two different things. There is her, and then there is the tape. The point that i’m making is that at times she takes a back seat to the production and to the features…not that it’s a terrible thing…the features and beats are mostly incredible on here. As a tape, its like 96% dope, however, much of it is just dope…and not DOPE…but I like to let dope shit just be dope on its own and not let my parental instincts kick in on some ‘if you got an A, you could have got an A+’ shit…Rapsody is dope, this tape is dope..will listen again. On my way home. Peace.

3.5/5

-Thelonious Funk

--------
Twitter: _TheloniousFunk
Instagram: thelonious_funk_

Tony Hanes
429 posts
Thu Sep-12-13 05:05 PM

16. "RE: My Rapsody - She Got Game Review (Swipe) "
In response to Reply # 14

3.5/5 is pretty good but I say 4/5 at least. Some of the reasons you have some of the songs a 3 or 3.5 don't see like it has anything to do with the music so I don't get your rating. Ex: The Wale feature.
Either the song is good or its not...your reason sound like because you don't like Wale..

ne_atl
Charter member
18873 posts
Thu Sep-12-13 11:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "my morning run mixtape"
In response to Reply # 0

love this!

clever79
Charter member
3808 posts
Sun Sep-22-13 04:49 PM

17. "Slept on this hard."
In response to Reply # 0

Finally woke my ass up this morning. Once again, 9th did his thing.

Rapsody making a name for herself as a top emcee right now, male or female.

Definitely a must listen.

Tony Hanes
429 posts
Sun Sep-22-13 05:29 PM

18. "RE: Slept on this hard."
In response to Reply # 17

Yes, its a VERY dope mixtape.

She is gaining ground out here...

Lobby The Lesson topic #2834285 Previous topic | Next topic