Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2829354

Subject: "How come Big Boi & Andre 3000 don't record music as OutKast anymore?" Previous topic | Next topic
gritty
Member since Jan 25th 2013
1574 posts
Tue Aug-06-13 02:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How come Big Boi & Andre 3000 don't record music as OutKast anymore?"

It's been years since there's been an OutKast album yet both of these cats continue to pursue music but as solo artists. Why is this if by both of their accounts their still a group? What's the deal?  

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i feel its a Shaq and Kobe Situation, along with some business
Aug 06th 2013
Yeah, it's really weird to me because both say they're still cool...
Aug 06th 2013
Because Dre fucked Boi's girl. What judono?
Aug 06th 2013
i think its the other way around
Aug 08th 2013
a few things i've noticed...
Aug 08th 2013

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Tue Aug-06-13 01:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i feel its a Shaq and Kobe Situation, along with some business"
In response to Reply # 0

politics. i think they will drop a song or two here and there, however gotta be more going on, because these cats had cross over in a big real way and then they just stop?

i mean a decade ago they won Album of the year at the grammys and then Idelwild comes out and then Boom its a wrap.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

gritty
Member since Jan 25th 2013
1574 posts
Tue Aug-06-13 01:21 PM

2. "Yeah, it's really weird to me because both say they're still cool..."
In response to Reply # 1

Yet the two of them haven't worked together in years. Also, it's hard to believe it's been a decade since their commercial apex. The interesting thing is they both still have it yet can't seem to get together to record another album.

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Tue Aug-06-13 02:44 PM

3. "Because Dre fucked Boi's girl. What judono?"
In response to Reply # 0

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

aolhater
Member since Oct 14th 2002
1332 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 09:12 PM

5. "i think its the other way around"
In response to Reply # 3

big is willing to work.

*professional lurker*

bucknchange
Member since May 07th 2003
3590 posts
Thu Aug-08-13 03:47 PM

4. "a few things i've noticed..."
In response to Reply # 0

'outkast' records are usually produced or co-produced by them
i think that's why even though they may appear on a track it ain't official unless its produced by them...
also 3000 never fully recovered from the fame sb/lb brought peep what cee-lo said:
"He just said he had a severe case of stage fright and just kind of been away from the game and didn’t know if he could truly live up — ah, I just feel like I’m talking to much personal stuff. I hope he don’t mind.

He just said he was bothered by this bar that had been set and maybe he wants to do something different, and he’ll always be his worse competition, his worse critic and maybe he don’t want to live up to what people think he should do. He’s always been exceptional and ahead of his time anyway, so anything he decides to do, next year or the year after that, we’ll still be catching with what’s on his mind."
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/08/08/cee-lo-green-speaks-on-andre-3000s-return/

Lobby The Lesson topic #2829354 Previous topic | Next topic