Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2828986

Subject: "Joaquin Phoenix makes beats now?!" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 08:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Joaquin Phoenix makes beats now?!"

http://pitchfork.com/news/51764-the-new-pusha-t-album-features-a-beat-from-joaquin-phoenix/

Pusha-T recently sat down with Vibe to talk about his new album, My Name Is My Name, which was initially scheduled for release on July 16. When he turned in a copy of the record in June, he said he had to "go back and tweak", at which point Kanye West gave him some new beats to use. Including one from-- wait for it-- the actor Joaquin Phoenix. In 2010, if you recall, Phoenix starred in a strange mockumentary called I'm Still Here, about his (fictional) exit from acting and foray into hip-hop.

"As soon as I heard it, I was like, 'Listen. I hope you're not playing this for me just to show me how good this beat is,'" Pusha says. He's hoping to use Phoenix's beat for the album intro (there's still no new release date firmed up). Read our recent "Update" interview with Pusha here, and watch the full Vibe interview

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
he playin' himself w/ that album title
Aug 05th 2013

philpot
Member since Apr 01st 2007
21673 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 08:31 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "he playin' himself w/ that album title"
In response to Reply # 0

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #2828986 Previous topic | Next topic