Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2828890

Subject: "Am I the only one who....(The Doors related) " Previous topic | Next topic
Kosa12
Member since Jul 19th 2006
4988 posts
Sun Aug-04-13 08:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Am I the only one who....(The Doors related) "

doesn't really really dig the first doors album (which is widely considered a classic), but really loves their second one (Strange Days)

(these are the only two doors albums I have heard and I got into both of them like about a little bit over a year ago FYI)

just wondering

----------
https://93millionmilesabove.blogspot.com/
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Kosa12

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
no you aren't
Aug 04th 2013
The second one is better to me too...
Aug 05th 2013
I think conventional wisdom is the debut and/or Morrison Hotel are #1
Aug 05th 2013

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Aug-04-13 08:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "no you aren't"
In response to Reply # 0

i didn't get the hype for it either. i like certain things better by them however i always found them overrated on a whole to me. however i agree on the 2nd album being better.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Jakob Hellberg
Member since Apr 18th 2005
9766 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 05:57 AM

2. "The second one is better to me too..."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not a fan of this band at all and there were several other LA-acts from the same era I prefer.

However, the second album has most of my favorie Doors-songs and "When the music..." is better than the tedious "the end".

And don't buy the hype that their "last" album "LA Woman" is their best; much of that shit sounds like drunken bar-bluesrock boogie to me and Morrison's voice had turned to shit and the colourful 60's vibe is completely gone; shit, there are beards on the cover. Maybe you dig it but to me, that's one of those critically celebrated rock-classics that's just not good at all...

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 06:13 AM

3. "I think conventional wisdom is the debut and/or Morrison Hotel are #1"
In response to Reply # 2

with L.A. Woman just behind.

Soft Parade is one of those that some people place high or at the bottom, Strange Days is generally somewhere in the middle.

And no one really loves or hates Waiting For The Sun, it sorta gets forgotten.

The soundtrack from the Stone movie (with Love Street alongside Ghost Song) & the double-disc In Concert (with the Gloria cover or Roadhouse Blues intro) sorta give you what you need if you wanna go beyond a hits package.

It all sounded a lot cooler to me at 18 while on hallucinogenics than it does now.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2828890 Previous topic | Next topic