Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2823622

Subject: "How can Scarface not be top 5 emcee of all time?" Previous topic | Next topic
gritty
Member since Jan 25th 2013
1574 posts
Sun Jul-21-13 02:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How can Scarface not be top 5 emcee of all time?"
Sun Jul-21-13 02:31 AM by gritty

Face doesn't get enough acknowledgment when it comes to those "top 5 of all time" list. In fact, I hardly ever hear dude's name mentioned. But yet he's got a long list of classic songs and classic albums. I'd even say that bruh arguably the best catalog in all of Hip Hop with both his solo albums and then his group's (Geto Boys) albums.

I got the following all in my top five and in no order:

2pac
Rakim
Scarface
Notorious B.I.G.
LL Cool J

The man has been releasing great and classic music since the late 80's. How could he not? Bruh been consistent for like the last 20 some years and he still sounds great and better than the most. His guest feature on Stalley's new joint and that "Hip Hop" joint he featured on with Nas just a while back proves that he's still better than most and among the top 5 easily.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
He's from the south
Jul 21st 2013
I Have Him In My Top 20
Jul 21st 2013

Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Sun Jul-21-13 07:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "He's from the south"
In response to Reply # 0

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

Luke Cage
Member since Dec 14th 2005
3047 posts
Sun Jul-21-13 11:43 PM

2. "I Have Him In My Top 20"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't put him ahead of the likes of Rakim, KRS, BDK, Nas, Cube or Biggie. I only consider "Mr. Scarface" a true classic even though I love "The Diary".

Lobby The Lesson topic #2823622 Previous topic | Next topic