Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2821842

Subject: "in terms of mainstream rap music, August/Sept '13 is gonna be a Mfkr" Previous topic | Next topic
judono
Member since Nov 11th 2004
4417 posts
Mon Jul-15-13 08:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"in terms of mainstream rap music, August/Sept '13 is gonna be a Mfkr"

new:

goodie mob
juicy j
big sean
drake

those 4 are on my automatic purchase , no download preview list

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
All four are AUTOMATIC PURCHASES!?!?!?
Jul 15th 2013
+ the weeknd
Jul 16th 2013
cosign.
Jul 16th 2013
lmao.
May 14th 2014
Those will all be terrible
Jul 16th 2013
Ewwww
Jul 16th 2013

Stadium Status
Member since Sep 03rd 2007
1155 posts
Mon Jul-15-13 11:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "All four are AUTOMATIC PURCHASES!?!?!?"
In response to Reply # 0

I will certainly listen to all four but I am not expecting much from any of them.

I have zero faith in Goodie Mob at this point given what/who Cee-Lo has been for the past few years. I expect the album to be pandering and flat. But given their history, I guess I can see the automatic purchase out of faith.

I'm not sure why Juicy J's even doing an album. He's so one-note at this point that he should just stick to singles/features/touring. But if you have an allegiance to Three Six/find what he's doing amusing, I GUESS I can see the automatic purchase.

I think Drake's album will be OK. It will probably be better than the first two, as both of his albums and his mixtape/album held up pretty well. I'm sure there will be a bullshit pop single or two, but I don't think it will bring down the album. If you're a Drake fan, I'm sure you will enjoy the Drake album.

But...Big Sean?

What has he ever done that has made you give him the benefit of the doubt, much less 10-15 of your hard earned dollars? What verses, features, songs has he done in the last three years that really made you stomp the flag down and declare that that piece of music was so good that his future album is getting an automatic purchase from you!?!?!?

I feel like I'm on the side of defending Big Sean most of the time, as in I don't think of his name of as a punchline/don't rush to skip him on Mercy/Clique/whatever.

But with all of that said...his last album was terrible. And while I haven't found his other stuff reprehensible, I wouldn't call it anything more than MAYBE slightly above-average punchline rap.

Wait...are you fucking with me right now?

A one-stop page for new content from former Grantland-ers: https://twitter.com/grantlander33

NAPO
Member since Oct 21st 2004
1428 posts
Tue Jul-16-13 01:09 AM

2. "+ the weeknd"
In response to Reply # 0

--------------------------
"cock your hat -- angles are attitudes"
-frank sinatra

bavid dammer
Member since Oct 23rd 2012
1369 posts
Tue Jul-16-13 11:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "cosign."
In response to Reply # 0

the fanfare exhibited in this post is blistering hot.

---
“Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.” – Tony Robbins

jabron_lames
Member since May 10th 2014
88 posts
Wed May-14-14 11:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "lmao."
In response to Reply # 3

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Tue Jul-16-13 11:24 AM

4. "Those will all be terrible"
In response to Reply # 0

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Tue Jul-16-13 11:33 AM

5. "Ewwww"
In response to Reply # 0

The only one I have any hopeful expectations for is the Goodie Mob joint and that's on the unlikely possibility that by some miracle they come with an album in the same spirit and quality as their first 2 albums.

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

Lobby The Lesson topic #2821842 Previous topic | Next topic