Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2811385

Subject: "Redman announces Muddy Waters 2: Preload EP release date (swipe)...." Previous topic | Next topic
The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 11:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Redman announces Muddy Waters 2: Preload EP release date (swipe)...."

...well, he gives the month it will be released. He also gives the season the full LP will be released. I'm hoping he's gonna keep everything the way he said he would. I remember years ago how he said he'd go back to the Muddy Waters flow for the sequel. THAT'S the Redman I wanna hear on both of the upcoming projects. Anyway, here's the link and swipe:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.24250/redman-announces-ep-reveals-muddy-waters-2-a-release-date/

Redman Announces EP, Reveals "Muddy Waters 2" A Release Date

by Roman Cooper

posted June 09, 2013 at 10:21AM EST

Redman Announces EP, Reveals "Muddy Waters 2" A Release Date

Redman says "Muddy Waters 2: the Preload EP" will drop before the highly-anticipated sequel.

The sequel to Redman's 1996 classic album Muddy Waters will arrive soon.

Redman took to Twitter to announce that not only would Muddy Waters 2 be dropping in Fall 2013, but that it would be preceded by Muddy Waters 2: the Preload EP in August:

this is announcement im coming out with "MUDDY WATERS 2 the PRELOAD EP"in AUGUST...AND MUDDY WATERS 2 THE ALBUM IN FALL 2013 !!
— Redman (@therealredman) June 7, 2013

Redman has at least been working on Muddy Waters 2 since 2009, when he mentioned it in an interview with HipHopDX.

Muddy Waters established the New Jersey emcee as one of Hip Hop's truly unique voices, both in style and substance. The gold-certified project featured much of Red's own production, as well as that of Erick Sermon and Rockwilder.

Since 1976

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I doubt it sounds anything close to the first
Jun 09th 2013
ditto
Jun 09th 2013
he said he's going back to that style of rapping
Jun 09th 2013
      I'm with you. I still like Red but that "tight delivery" you described.....
Jun 10th 2013
Can't wait....
Jun 09th 2013
Who's producing?
Jun 09th 2013
Please rappers, please stop releasing "part 2"
Jun 10th 2013

las raises
Member since Aug 31st 2002
14981 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 11:50 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I doubt it sounds anything close to the first"
In response to Reply # 0

But I'll pick it up. The first is one of my favorite albums

-----------------------------------------------------------------

guru0509
Charter member
45354 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 12:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "ditto"
In response to Reply # 1

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 04:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "he said he's going back to that style of rapping"
In response to Reply # 1

and I hope he does, I'm not feeling his newer more tight delivery where you know where the lines are going to fall
with MW his stuff was just loose enough but at the same time he was really in the pocket

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 12:27 AM

7. "I'm with you. I still like Red but that "tight delivery" you described....."
In response to Reply # 3

...is exactly the flow I would love for him to get away from. Like you said, it's pretty predictable. One thing I loved about that Muddy Waters flow was how loose it was without it being all offbeat. That flow let you know Red was about to rip the tracks into shreds. I call it his "Get Busy" flow.

Since 1976

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 11:41 PM

4. "Can't wait...."
In response to Reply # 0

Red will always be in my top 5 emcees ever.

I'm all in....*moves poker chips into center of table*

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 11:48 PM

5. "Who's producing?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hitokiri
Charter member
22104 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 12:11 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Please rappers, please stop releasing "part 2""
In response to Reply # 0

enough.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Lobby The Lesson topic #2811385 Previous topic | Next topic