Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2810850

Subject: "New Wax Poetics...S.V./Wajeed/De La/Nile Rodgers/Daft Punk" Previous topic | Next topic
supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Wed Jun-05-13 06:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Wax Poetics...S.V./Wajeed/De La/Nile Rodgers/Daft Punk"

Gino Soccio...

Pretty decent issue.

I must say...I read the Daft Punk article...I listened to the Daft Punk album...*looks into camera*

FUCK DAFT PUNK!!!
That record is exactly the type of HYPE I really can't stand. The MOST boring/pretentious fluffed out crap I can remember in a while.

Seriously...people...y'all wanna be "The Fonz" just down load Change "The Glow of Love" album and a Chic greatest hits album with some Sister Sledge and Diana Ross (for your gay friend).

s.blak
Bling 47

keep: looking,searching,seeking,finding

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Waajeed? Hell yeah!
Jun 05th 2013
That "Scorpio" joint 'Jeed did is ill.
Jun 05th 2013
my man
Jun 07th 2013
Man...that record is the audio version of "Inception"
Jun 08th 2013
      Hey, Don't Give The Record Companies Any More Marketing Ideas
Jun 09th 2013
Daft Punk album was kinda flat
Jun 08th 2013
so much Ether on this thread
Jun 08th 2013
I feel bad for them
Jun 08th 2013
im not sure what they "created" besides really good house music
Jun 09th 2013
      IMO they helped create the big boom of big fancy arena shows
Jun 09th 2013
           100% agreed...you're right
Jun 10th 2013
How's the De La article though? n/m
Jun 09th 2013

third_i_vision
Charter member
7818 posts
Wed Jun-05-13 08:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Waajeed? Hell yeah!"
In response to Reply # 0

Love that guy's work and I'm glad he's making a "comeback" with this Dirt Tech Reck stuff. Benji B show was insane.

Bowls
http://twitter.com/Bowls615

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Wed Jun-05-13 09:01 PM

2. "That "Scorpio" joint 'Jeed did is ill."
In response to Reply # 1

kinda reminds me of Steve Spacek's Africa Hi-Tech project.

s.blak
can't wait to hear more

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35255 posts
Fri Jun-07-13 12:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "my man"
In response to Reply # 0

>FUCK DAFT PUNK!!!
>That record is exactly the type of HYPE I really can't stand.
>The MOST boring/pretentious fluffed out crap I can remember in
>a while.

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Sat Jun-08-13 06:25 PM

4. "Man...that record is the audio version of "Inception""
In response to Reply # 3

bland, boring and HELLA fucking pretentious.

They should have Mark Zuckerberg on a remix talking about the web design on the various knob slobbing articles of this schitt.

"We wanted a black background with white letters...but then we found this particular shade of white...*pause*...and it all came together. *takes pull off e-cigarette*.

This whole Daft Punk project reminds me of Def Leppard and how they got so much hype on "Hysteria". Nothing more but the art of hyperbole and propaganda at it's finest.

a.) Def Leppard recorded that bullschitt with a one armed drummer and a whole bunch of Industrial Light & Magic Acts to pull that off bullschitt. Daft Punk recorded with Omar Hakim...giving hyperbolic dorkbots the chance to fellate their sliver of wikipedia/spotify based hyperbolic Jaco knowledge, i.e., "He's like...the GREATEST Bass Player E V E R" <---that's already happened to me, thanks, Daft Punk.

b.)The hype for "Hysteria" coincided with the CD revolution. People bought that record not because they LOVED the music (though some did/do). The hype surrounded how "CLEAN" the recording was. Marry Mutt Lange's painstaking isolation of each instrument and voice in the recording of Hysteria with Bangalter's painstaking "we wanted to do something different" screeds...and again...and I bet you that translates into album sales (straight to iPad/iTunes) as well as just being more bullschitt statistics for some really boring music.

make sure you hear it in 7.5 Super Dolby™ THX® IMAX© on 180g vinyl with a gold plated needle on a Beats By Dre™ home theater system drinking 12oz of aboriginal baby's blood on crushed ice...because THEN... that's just INCREDIBLE!!!

s.blak
At This Point In History, We're Moving Away From Everything That Really Matters

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 03:08 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Hey, Don't Give The Record Companies Any More Marketing Ideas"
In response to Reply # 4
Sun Jun-09-13 03:12 AM by Dj Joey Joe

>make sure you hear it in 7.5 Super Dolby�
>THX� IMAX� on 180g vinyl with a gold plated
>needle on a Beats By Dre� home theater system
>drinking 12oz of aboriginal baby's blood on crushed
>ice...because THEN... that's just INCREDIBLE!!!

It's bad enough that record companies will cater to those dumb audiophiles with money to burn instead of just signing and releasing new good music; I'm just tired of gimmicks to make me think something sounds better this way than just on a plain boombox, cheap headphones, or in a factor car stereo.

Anyway, I haven't really given the new Daft Punk album a straight listen (I just scanned a minute of each song) but nothing on it was as amazing as the hype that was built up for it but you all might be going overboard with the hate so early out the gate.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sat Jun-08-13 07:48 PM

5. "Daft Punk album was kinda flat"
In response to Reply # 0

and a waste of Nile Rodgers. and when you got Pharell still thinking he is at the local carnival doing his broke take on "rock with you" then you know its not a good look

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

2Future4U
Charter member
3346 posts
Sat Jun-08-13 08:38 PM

6. "so much Ether on this thread"
In response to Reply # 5

I LIKES

https://www.instagram.com/christiancgarrido/

Hussein ibn Malik "if he escaped on a horse he might be realest nigga ever, EVER..2013 Nat Turner with the burner"

MaxPtah "Django is real homie.."

PoppaGeorge "If you're a child of the 70's, Ye looks like

2Future4U
Charter member
3346 posts
Sat Jun-08-13 09:47 PM

7. "I feel bad for them"
In response to Reply # 0

as I can see what they were trying to do with this movement ( trying to bring back an organic sound to the bastard child they helped create )..the only thing was that their limited musicality held them back from what they wanted to do. This album backfired on them just like that BCC "For The People" album, you wanted to like, but you cant.

Hussein ibn Malik "if he escaped on a horse he might be realest nigga ever, EVER..2013 Nat Turner with the burner"

cgonz00cc
35255 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 03:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "im not sure what they "created" besides really good house music"
In response to Reply # 7

They gave a serious boost to the gente but they were still working within it

2Future4U
Charter member
3346 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 09:01 PM

11. "IMO they helped create the big boom of big fancy arena shows"
In response to Reply # 9

with nothing more than just knob twiddling and button pushing, but compensating for stage antics and fancy shmancy light shows..that shit help fathered Justice / Deadmaus / random lame ass "EDM" producer get away with antics like that

cgonz00cc
35255 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 09:00 AM

12. "100% agreed...you're right"
In response to Reply # 11

>with nothing more than just knob twiddling and button
>pushing, but compensating for stage antics and fancy shmancy
>light shows..that shit help fathered Justice / Deadmaus /
>random lame ass "EDM" producer get away with antics like that

and now im kind of annoyed lol

but i guess at least while Daft Punk was on stage doing nothing, it was set to timeless music

kelvinmercerlookalike
Member since Jan 08th 2006
6025 posts
Sun Jun-09-13 07:27 PM

10. "How's the De La article though? n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

*CROCKER*

word booty.

HSUBAKCITS

www.smokingsection.net

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/chowyunskinny/Gold%20Chef/iron_chef.jpg

Lobby The Lesson topic #2810850 Previous topic | Next topic