Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2807257

Subject: "Happy 99th Birthday to Sun Ra (music + words inside)" Previous topic | Next topic
imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Wed May-22-13 08:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Happy 99th Birthday to Sun Ra (music + words inside)"

Here's six hours of Ra to get you through this glorious day:

Pt 1 - http://www.mixcloud.com/SunRadio/sunradio_sunra_omnimystery99_20may2013_1_fanfares_disciplines/?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=resource_link
Pt 2 - http://www.mixcloud.com/SunRadio/sunradio_sunra_omnimystery99_20may2013_2_cosmo-drama_planet2planet/?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=resource_link
Pt 3 - http://www.mixcloud.com/SunRadio/sunradio_sunra_omnimystery99_20may2013_3_words_meditations/?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=resource_link
Pt 4 - http://www.mixcloud.com/SunRadio/sunradio_sunra_omnimystery99_20may2013_4_dream_hyperspace/?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=resource_link
Pt 5 - http://www.mixcloud.com/SunRadio/sunradio_sunra_omnimystery99_20may2013_5_sunra_vocals/?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=resource_link
Pt 6 - http://www.mixcloud.com/SunRadio/sunradio_sunra_omnimystery99_20may2013_6_words_keyboards_outros/?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=resource_link

J: Is your music one of the ways of turning that puzzle over?

Sun Ra: Yes. It's the answer to everything. Because this Being I'm dealing with sent me here -- to change it. And that's a total impossibility. The problem about it -- I sought to play the low profile, 'cause I'm not a minister, and I'm not a politician; I'm a scholar, and I found out a thing that scholars don't like to be out there in the public eyesight. They don't have to be, because they to search and find out some more things. And the next thing I know I was searching, looking for some answers. I found the answers, but I had to deal with the Bible, because they say it's in code. I'm making high marks in college -- all the way through, I made it; and I wanted to know why all these thousands of years did not one scholar, not one intellectual could break the code in the Bible. I couldn't understand: why you got a book and all these folks with brains, inventing and they can't break the code. So I decided to take my energies and break the code in the book; see what it really meant. And I did. But then I had to study I had to study the literature of all nations, particularly Russia, France, England, to read that literature, that fiction, and their philosophy; I had to study everything by myself, without a teacher, because I was being led to do it. And therefore, I know about all the nations, what they represent, what their traditions , and I know which way they headed, I know their past, their present, and their future. So I'm like a bird that's sitting up there looking, gets a bird-eye view of all of humanity, and when I go to each country, I can feel everything about them. I got my eyes closed, and I know what's happening. In this country, when I go from state to state, I feel when I cross the border, because I'm very sensitive, and I can tell, when we going somewhere, from state to state, everything changes: we crossed the border. Now that's great sensitivity, you see, and every person I come to, I can feel what they are, I can feel what is going to happen to them, I can see everything. Just like what they call God sees, I can see with his eyes. Every person's just like a television set, and you can see any time He wants to see you. Just take a person over any time you want to talk to somebody, take a person over, and he talks. And they be talking to God, face-to-face, quite often, and don't know it. And they think the person is talking. But they haven't been able to distinguish between the person talking, and between something that's using them. And therefore, you could be talking to a little child, and a little child says something and you might think it's that little child. A total impossibility, proof of that is that one time in Chicago, a truck got stuck under a bridge, and they were scared to move because they'd tear the bridge down, and it was a sub-teenager there, he kept telling them, "I know how to solve the problem." They sent for the firemen, got the police, the engineers, they sent to colleges, all was there trying to figure out how to move that truck without harming the bridge. This little boy was still saying, "I know how to do it." They were saying, "Get away from me boy, let the men handle it." Nighttime came almost. They finally asked him, "What do you say?" He said, "Take the air out of the tires." Yeah. All the intellectuals. And that's the way the world is: all these folks with brains, and they got to admit, they can't solve the problem. It's just like that little boy -- I mean they need a little boy. My idea, you see, if I put something together -- they want a better world. Nobody's coming along with a blueprint to make a better world; with all their intelligence, they can't do it, and they got some remarkable brain people, philosophers, but they be talking against the world, but they never brought a blueprint. The Creator "You want a better world, put the blueprint down, I'll make it for you." You have to have the blueprint. But they never . Some people say, "well, all the bad people; they going to hell; it will be a better world." But this Creator is not like that. He don't care nothing about righteousness, and that's where people make a mistake. A person that troubles to do the righteous thing; they in trouble. Because he doesn't understand that. He doesn't understand righteousness. He be trying them out to see what makes them righteous, and the next thing you know, they be dead because they can't prove that they righteous; because they'd be saying things, and this Creator, when He says something, well, that's it; He'll do it all right; but when people say things, when they're put on the test, they deviate.

J: You said music is a kind of talking to the Creator.

Sun Ra: Oh, it's the only way possible. Music is a faster vibration than talking, you see. It moves fast. And it has more power than the voice.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Up for the Sun...Ra. I totally forgot it was his birthday today.
May 23rd 2013
it's on Youtube in its entirety
May 23rd 2013
      Yeah, i know. I want my own personal copy.
May 23rd 2013
i loved his structure tone and vibe
May 23rd 2013
damn shame this post didn't get more love
May 23rd 2013
Happy Birthday!!!
May 23rd 2013

Silky1
Charter member
9763 posts
Thu May-23-13 12:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
1. "Up for the Sun...Ra. I totally forgot it was his birthday today."
In response to Reply # 0

I need to find a used copy of the Space Is The Place movie, i lost mine.

silk.later Reunion radio with Old P. & Silk http://reunionradio.blogspot.com/

"i'm talking about *Balls Deep*....In Love (c)Cleveland Jr.

He was cultivating a fine nigga farm (c)Goldmind.

R.I.P Jamie Hubley

JayEmm
Member since Feb 06th 2004
3300 posts
Thu May-23-13 09:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "it's on Youtube in its entirety"
In response to Reply # 1

>I need to find a used copy of the Space Is The Place movie, i
>lost mine.

http://youtu.be/NwNtxFH6IjU

not quite the same as owning a copy, but good enough 'til you find one

Silky1
Charter member
9763 posts
Thu May-23-13 01:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
6. "Yeah, i know. I want my own personal copy."
In response to Reply # 4
Thu May-23-13 01:35 PM by Silky1

>>I need to find a used copy of the Space Is The Place movie,
>i
>>lost mine.
>
>http://youtu.be/NwNtxFH6IjU
>
>not quite the same as owning a copy, but good enough 'til you
>find one

Thanks for the link, though. *daps*.

silk.later Reunion radio with Old P. & Silk http://reunionradio.blogspot.com/

"i'm talking about *Balls Deep*....In Love (c)Cleveland Jr.

He was cultivating a fine nigga farm (c)Goldmind.

R.I.P Jamie Hubley

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Thu May-23-13 01:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i loved his structure tone and vibe"
In response to Reply # 0

one of the most interesting music makers ever. a artist who truly danced to his own drummer and ran with it

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

JayEmm
Member since Feb 06th 2004
3300 posts
Thu May-23-13 09:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "damn shame this post didn't get more love"
In response to Reply # 0

thank you for making it, though.. excellent links

Sun Ra, Brother From Another Planet: http://youtu.be/LqZHzpAYVIk

Jakob Hellberg
Member since Apr 18th 2005
9766 posts
Thu May-23-13 09:45 AM

5. "Happy Birthday!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I will play "Heliocentric worlds volume 2" right now since I have it on my mp3 player (I'm at work). Props to Sun Ra who essentially invented (well, maybe a stretch but I'm not sure) his own form of music after a while...

Lobby The Lesson topic #2807257 Previous topic | Next topic