Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2774465

Subject: "Selina Carrera "The Wonder Years"" Previous topic | Next topic
SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Thu Jan-31-13 05:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Selina Carrera "The Wonder Years""

Free Download: http://selinacarrera.bandcamp.com/

Selina Carrera is a songwriter, singer, rapper, and poet from Philadelphia, PA. Selina, previously signed to Columbia Records and later joined Pras (The Fugees) led group "The Axxis". After spending a stint as Lauryn Hill's background singer in 2011, Selina is now re-embarking on a solo career. Selina has shared the stage with Seal, P. Diddy, Musiq SoulChild, Lauryn Hill, Nikki Jean, and others.

The Wonder Years is a collection of some of Selina Carrera's first releases, recordings, and freestyles. If you like these tracks, keep your eyes open for her new material coming later this year. Selina Carrera's first release of her new material is coming as early as Valentine's day, 2013. Please support, tell a friend and listen to some great tunes!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Selina Carrera "The Wonder Years"
Feb 01st 2013
I see Kendrick Lamar's album cover is now the one to emulate.
Feb 01st 2013
RE: I see Kendrick Lamar's album cover is now the one to emulate.
Feb 01st 2013
      LOL @ 'historian'
Feb 01st 2013
           RE: LOL @ 'historian'
Feb 01st 2013
                You the one taking it serious, my dude.
Feb 01st 2013
                     RE: You the one taking it serious, my dude.
Feb 01st 2013
                          word.
Feb 01st 2013
I listened to the first song and I thought it was pretty good.
Feb 01st 2013
RE: Selina Carrera "The Wonder Years"
Feb 11th 2013
Wait.. Is that Pras?
Feb 11th 2013

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 08:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: Selina Carrera "The Wonder Years""
In response to Reply # 0

Up for the morning crew.

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 09:20 AM

2. "I see Kendrick Lamar's album cover is now the one to emulate."
In response to Reply # 0

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/287/6/c/the_wire_lineup__huge_download_by_dennisculver-d30s7vl.jpg
The man who thinks at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life - Muhammed Ali

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 09:31 AM

3. "RE: I see Kendrick Lamar's album cover is now the one to emulate."
In response to Reply # 2

Actually Kim Hill sitting on a toilet was the influence.
http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/b740668549ce4fa7171e77932c4d97b9/820762.jpg

I know you are snarky but I thought you were a historian too.

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 09:56 AM

4. "LOL @ 'historian'"
In response to Reply # 3

the hell does that have to do with anything?

anyway, regardless of what the stated influence is, I still say anybody claiming GKMC was not an influence is possibly not being honest... I mean, even right down to the framing of the Polaroid and the text scrawled on in marker, I see Kendrick way more than Suga Hill.

Either way, it ain't that deep. Just observing that I've noticed quite a few designs taking inspiration from GKMC lately.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/287/6/c/the_wire_lineup__huge_download_by_dennisculver-d30s7vl.jpg
The man who thinks at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life - Muhammed Ali

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 10:03 AM

5. "RE: LOL @ 'historian'"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm not that serious dude.

It took several drafts to arrive to that cover. We had covers that looked like albums found on dustgrooves but we evolved the look. I feel like it's free so why over think but it did take some time.

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 01:09 PM

6. "You the one taking it serious, my dude."
In response to Reply # 5

I just made a throwaway comment. You responded all aggrieved, offering evidence for the defense and all that shit.

*shrug*

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 03:04 PM

7. "RE: You the one taking it serious, my dude."
In response to Reply # 6

No I responded like I always did on here.

I don't mind because it's better than saying "up".

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 03:12 PM

8. "word."
In response to Reply # 7

>I don't mind because it's better than saying "up".

Anyway, ol' girl is cute and I love the mixtape cover, regardless of what inspired it

(uhh... haven't gotten around to listening to the music though)

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Fri Feb-01-13 04:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "I listened to the first song and I thought it was pretty good."
In response to Reply # 0

So I downloaded the album. Thanks for sharing. I'll give it a spin or two and come back with thoughts.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Mon Feb-11-13 07:45 PM

10. "RE: Selina Carrera "The Wonder Years""
In response to Reply # 0

http://youtu.be/7OZ9iDG2Lyk

Old video

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Mon Feb-11-13 09:08 PM

11. "Wait.. Is that Pras?"
In response to Reply # 10

Girl bye

Lobby The Lesson topic #2774465 Previous topic | Next topic