Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2762997

Subject: "Interviewing Shyne Tommorow" Previous topic | Next topic
Delajoo
Member since Jul 30th 2010
1331 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 03:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Interviewing Shyne Tommorow"

What should I ask him guys? It's my first real interview with anyone noteworthy (its for a college radio show, but there'll be a video). Definitely not going to be ballsy enough to say some sly shit, but would be interested to hear what you guys would ask him.

-------------------
village.fm/okayplayer | @delajoo
"Whether you're a rock star or a garbage man, if you think about yourself all the time, you won't be very good at what you do." - Frusciante

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Ask if he's upset that GKMC is better than anything he's ever done
Dec 12th 2012
ask him to list his other favorite jewish rappers
Dec 12th 2012
Just sigh, stare into the distance, then ask "Anything you wanna talk ab...
Dec 12th 2012
RE: Interviewing Shyne Tommorow
Dec 12th 2012
thanks bruv
Dec 12th 2012
Ask him how he feels about...
Dec 12th 2012
Ask him why you're interviewing him
Dec 12th 2012
for what?
Dec 12th 2012
Dec 13th 2012
Questions
Dec 13th 2012
Dec 13th 2012
What Producers is he currently working with?
Dec 13th 2012
Does he feel his flow regressed or improved?
Dec 13th 2012
heres the interview
Dec 31st 2012
Word, good job
Jan 01st 2013

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 04:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Ask if he's upset that GKMC is better than anything he's ever done"
In response to Reply # 0

or will ever do.

And ask why he thought he could voice his opinion without consequence and then got mad when Kendrick mentioned him in a song.
He can say whatever he wants and no one can say shit, but when someone else says something he wanna get all up in arms.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 04:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "ask him to list his other favorite jewish rappers"
In response to Reply # 0

stylez dainty
Member since Nov 22nd 2004
6740 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 04:26 PM

3. "Just sigh, stare into the distance, then ask "Anything you wanna talk ab..."
In response to Reply # 0

----
I check for: Serengeti, Zeroh, Open Mike Eagle, Jeremiah Jae, Moka Only.

Ketchums
Member since Jan 30th 2005
3417 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 05:26 PM

4. "RE: Interviewing Shyne Tommorow"
In response to Reply # 0

-How his Jewish faith affects his day to day lifestyle now.
-If he's going to parlay all of this bullshit with Game and Kendrick into some good music. I'm pretty sure he said that he knew that some of his recent material was bad; what is he going to do to change that?
-It seems like ever since he's left prison, his career has been defined by beef: Diddy, Game, Kendrick. Why is conflict such a big part of his career now? Some would probably say that that's the only way he can get interest in his music now. What message does he intend to deliver with his music when all of this beef fades away?

Also, I interviewed a producer who worked with him. He said he made some amazing records with him, then Shyne got dropped from Def Jam, and he never heard back. Then he contacted us later to take back the statement of getting dropped.

His retracted statement:
UPDATE: Yesterday (October 24) Ken Lewis provided HipHopDX the following statement, as a retraction of comments made to DX earlier this month. "I made a terrible error during my interview with you and said i thought Shyne had been dropped from Def Jam . This is false. Shyne and Def Jam still have an active partnership. Def Jam still distributes Shyne's imprint, Gangland Records, and apparently I produced the lead off single called "Supreme" (which I just found out and am quite happy about, the song is great)...that shows you how disconnected I've been since leaving the project. The single drops in December 2011, with the album to follow in the spring of 2012. Please print this as accurate, it was completely my mistake to assume Shyne had been dropped because I hadn't heard anything about the project or my production in several months. I meant no disrespect to Shyne and its been an honor to be a part of another one of his albums (this makes three). Thank you and my apologies for the mistake, I haven't been sleeping much, staying on my grind."

Here's that interview: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.17245/title.producer-ken-lewis-retracts-claims-made-that-shyne-was-dropped-by-def-jam

Congrats on your first notable interview. I remember when I had mine, it was a crazy experience. Good luck.

----

https://weketchum.contently.com/

Delajoo
1331 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 06:05 PM

5. "thanks bruv"
In response to Reply # 4

really helpful!

-------------------
"Whether you're a rock star or a garbage man, if you think about yourself all the time, you won't be very good at what you do." - Frusciante

Anonymous
Charter member
23233 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 07:01 PM

6. "Ask him how he feels about..."
In response to Reply # 0

Only being signed because he sounded like Big, having a ride or die mentality for a dude that didn't give a fuck about him, being the ignorant dude in the club, going to jail only to get out and suck more than he did before, and then no one giving a fuck about him other than the fact he is weird as shit now.

BSharp
Charter member
9243 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 07:16 PM

7. "Ask him why you're interviewing him"
In response to Reply # 0

judono
Member since Nov 11th 2004
4417 posts
Wed Dec-12-12 07:42 PM

8. "for what?"
In response to Reply # 0

U gonna front & act like u like the shit he's been putting out?

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

G_The_SP
Member since Dec 12th 2005
2413 posts
Thu Dec-13-12 12:14 AM

9. "RE: Interviewing Shyne Tommorow"
In response to Reply # 0

Ask him what he thinks about the situation in Gaza.

~* * *~* * *~* * *~* * *~* * *~* * *~
http://soundcloud.com/griff-x
http://atribecalledx.com
http://twitter.com/IamGriffX

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28847 posts
Thu Dec-13-12 01:44 AM

10. "Questions"
In response to Reply # 0

In all honesty there are very few questions that haven't been asked of the man in his interviews with Flex, power105, combat jack and Rosenberg.

Please touch on the ignorance that is people assuming members of the jewish diaspora have to look european.

Having said that I do have a few questions:

He recently released a gangland mixtape on datpiff. How does he feel this mixtape has impacted the culture?

What community service does Shyne do?

I'm intrigued about his readjustment to society. How has Shyne been able to adapt to life after being in prison for so long?

What was the biggest lesson he learned behind bars?

How does he separate Shyne from Moses Levy when everyone has this perception of who they feel he is supposed to be?

What are his plans for obtaining a visa?

What other business ventures does he have in the pipeline?

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

bucknchange
Member since May 07th 2003
3590 posts
Thu Dec-13-12 02:21 AM

11. "RE: Interviewing Shyne Tommorow"
In response to Reply # 0

was he influenced by kool g rap? and his other influences?
what era of rap he most relates to, being that he technically isn't 'american'?
his dream collabs?

The BRKLYN Collection
Member since Sep 10th 2012
110 posts
Thu Dec-13-12 06:36 AM

12. "What Producers is he currently working with?"
In response to Reply # 0

Is Manny and Don Pooh still working with him?

<----See them records I produced on my studio's wall, tell me son, where's yours?---->
Youtube: http://goo.gl/uK9Gm
Facebook: http://goo.gl/GhL4K
Twitter: http://goo.gl/bvNjn

Brotha Sun
Member since Dec 31st 2009
6778 posts
Thu Dec-13-12 06:40 AM

13. "Does he feel his flow regressed or improved? "
In response to Reply # 0

He recently dropped a mixtape a few months ago. Wasn't bad at all, his flow just annoyed me.

Delajoo
1331 posts
Mon Dec-31-12 10:49 AM

14. "heres the interview"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HDbf2Dus-ZI

dude likes to fuckin talk talk talk, we got like almost an hour and half of conversation lol.

-------------------

Ketchums
Member since Jan 30th 2005
3417 posts
Tue Jan-01-13 09:17 PM

15. "Word, good job"
In response to Reply # 14

I had watched this and didn't even know it was yours, haha. Props

----

https://weketchum.contently.com/

Lobby The Lesson topic #2762997 Previous topic | Next topic