Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2747421

Subject: "LuckyAssEmEffinEuropeans...Shuggie's got a show in November in London" Previous topic | Next topic
rtoriq
Member since Aug 28th 2005
405 posts
Wed Oct-10-12 10:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"LuckyAssEmEffinEuropeans...Shuggie's got a show in November in London"

...at the Jazz Cafe.

http://venues.meanfiddler.com/jazz-cafe/full-listings/featured-gigs/7863

With Marcus Bonfanti (don't know this guy.)
Please go. Just go. *sigh*

i'm kinda nervous for him. When he came out for Yasiin's Blue Black Jack, he kinda held back IMO.
But i'm happy he's performing.
Though i'm hatin' like a mofo.
Need to make an escape route to Europe caz you cats always get the good ones!!

------------------
reflect.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Isn't he supposed to be kinda... boring as a performer, though?
Oct 10th 2012
The show he did in SF 10 years ago was legendarily bad
Oct 10th 2012
      Plus if you go to his show expecting the psych soul of Inspiration Info
Oct 10th 2012
           RE: Plus if you go to his show expecting the psych soul of Inspiration I...
Oct 10th 2012
Shuggie Otis?
Oct 10th 2012

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Wed Oct-10-12 10:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Isn't he supposed to be kinda... boring as a performer, though?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/287/6/c/the_wire_lineup__huge_download_by_dennisculver-d30s7vl.jpg
The man who thinks at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life - Muhammed Ali

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44720 posts
Wed Oct-10-12 11:08 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "The show he did in SF 10 years ago was legendarily bad"
In response to Reply # 1

I missed it, but it was supposedly off-the-charts awful. Like, everything managed to be worse than someone could ever envision.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Wed Oct-10-12 11:13 AM

3. "Plus if you go to his show expecting the psych soul of Inspiration Info"
In response to Reply # 2

You are probably in for a rude shock

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/287/6/c/the_wire_lineup__huge_download_by_dennisculver-d30s7vl.jpg
The man who thinks at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life - Muhammed Ali

rtoriq
Member since Aug 28th 2005
405 posts
Wed Oct-10-12 11:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: Plus if you go to his show expecting the psych soul of Inspiration I..."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah my guess is it won't be anything super funky but more blues, since that's his base. So about boringness, i never seen him live, but Blues is always gonna be laid-back so i wouldn't expect a lot of high energy. But that is my guess; who knows what he'll end up doing.

But that sucks about the show being bad mentioned above. i truly think he doesn't think he's as good as he is, or he's a nervous dude. Understandable, as there's some artists who play better in the studio than live. But he had turned down being in Rolling Stones and some other rock groups who really dug him, so that's gotta be part of the reason (aside from if he just didn't like them.)

------------------
reflect.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Oct-10-12 11:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Shuggie Otis? "
In response to Reply # 0

LOL.

fuck you.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2747421 Previous topic | Next topic