Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2738096

Subject: "How would you load your music on two 160GB iPod classics?" Previous topic | Next topic
Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Thu Sep-06-12 02:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How would you load your music on two 160GB iPod classics?"

A-M and N-Z or old music and more recent music?

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Alpha-split
Sep 06th 2012
RE: Alpha-split
Sep 06th 2012
      Seems like you'd get about equal use from both that way
Sep 06th 2012
i recently got an 80gig classic
Sep 06th 2012
RE: i recently got an 80gig classic
Sep 06th 2012
that's what i did at first; i threw whatever i had on deck indiscriminat...
Sep 07th 2012
by genre
Sep 06th 2012
I use my phone (64gb sd card)
Sep 07th 2012
By genre, I think
Sep 07th 2012
Man that's too much music. That's on some hoarding shit.
Sep 07th 2012
RE: Man that's too much music. That's on some hoarding shit.
Sep 07th 2012
No thanks
Sep 07th 2012
      Yep. Spotify doesn't appeal to me at all
Sep 07th 2012
           why?
Sep 07th 2012
Split 'em by genres of music
Sep 07th 2012

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Thu Sep-06-12 02:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Alpha-split"
In response to Reply # 0

>A-M and N-Z or old music and more recent music?

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

16580 posts
Thu Sep-06-12 02:30 PM

2. "RE: Alpha-split"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks! That's the route I was going. Just needed someone to second it.

Ishwip
19953 posts
Thu Sep-06-12 03:03 PM

3. "Seems like you'd get about equal use from both that way"
In response to Reply # 2

Your listening habits and definition of older music may differ from mine, but on most days I'm listening to more current releases, which for me would be anything from the past 12-18 months, I guess.

Plus, if you go the old vs. recent route, you'd have to at some point then shift what was once new to the "old" ipod.

Alpha all the way!
__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Thu Sep-06-12 03:04 PM

4. "i recently got an 80gig classic"
In response to Reply # 0

i've just been loading random shit with no rhyme or reason. i've never had this much space on a music player.

at first i had all the shit i been listening to from 2011 to now, and just recently i began adding from my collection of cds. it's fun but also kind of a headache

16580 posts
Thu Sep-06-12 03:44 PM

5. "RE: i recently got an 80gig classic"
In response to Reply # 4

It definitely can become a headache. I got to the point where my 160GB was full so I had to start removing stuff to make room for new stuff. Then I go outta town and want to hear something and it's no longer on my iPod. Bummer! Finally broke down and bought a new one.

audiophile
Member since Aug 19th 2005
1913 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 02:09 PM

9. "that's what i did at first; i threw whatever i had on deck indiscriminat..."
In response to Reply # 4

i've probably listened to 10% of what's on there, either b/c it's too much to navigate through/too much to have to listen to or i stick with what i know. i stopped adding files several months ago trying to catch up or trying to listen to everything on there before filling the ipod up. it's not all that bad though, despite being cumbersome, in light of the fact that it's not my primary listening source (music sounds better out the macbook--better soundstage/spatial cues and dac/amp).

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57004 posts
Thu Sep-06-12 04:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "by genre"
In response to Reply # 0

stone_phalanges
Member since Mar 06th 2010
1813 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 01:07 PM

7. "I use my phone (64gb sd card)"
In response to Reply # 0

I can fit all my music now but I say that if you have that much music why even try to load it all up. I would put as much of my recent music as possible onto a smart device with modest storage (32gb or so) and use a cloud service like icloud or google music to have access to the rest.

I want to be able to access all my music but it is more annoying to now know exactly what I can and can't listen to at a given time. If you only have your recent music you know if its more that a few years, old I don't have it.

www.anwarmorse.com
https://www.instagram.com/thereal_anwarmorse99/

dalecooper
Member since Apr 07th 2006
3164 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 01:14 PM

8. "By genre, I think"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Sep-07-12 01:14 PM by dalecooper

Funny you should bring this up, my music collection just passed the 160 GB limit about a year ago and I've been puzzling how to handle it ever since. Thought periodically about buying a new iPod to put the rest on but have yet to do so. In truth I use my iPod less than I did a few years ago - tend to only break it out for vacations now, and the rest of the time I listen to music on my computer through a portable hard drive.

Anyway, I think for me what would work best is dividing up some genres. Some types of music are things I only listen to by myself (that my fiancee doesn't want to hear) and are also not especially great for car trips or whatever, so they can all go on their own iPod. That would be all the metal stuff, probably also jazz, electronic/ambient music, and classical. Rock/R&B/reggae/hip hop/funk/etc. can all go on the "main" iPod.

That's also the reason I haven't sprung for that second iPod yet. When I go on trips I am usually with my girl and in the car a lot, and so I just started taking a lot of the metal and jazz and such off my iPod to make room for things that work for vacations. Bye bye Burzum, hello Billy Joel. (Note: I don't really listen to either of those.)

--

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 02:38 PM

10. "Man that's too much music. That's on some hoarding shit."
In response to Reply # 0

You need to get spotify.

"naive as the dry leaves on the ground looking past the trees to the blue sky asking 'why me?'" -Blu

stone_phalanges
1813 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 03:12 PM

11. "RE: Man that's too much music. That's on some hoarding shit."
In response to Reply # 10

this^^^^^^^^^^ You must have some stuff in uncompressed formats. You got some .WAVs and .FLAC up in there.

www.anwarmorse.com

16580 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 03:27 PM

12. "No thanks"
In response to Reply # 10

I'll keep it prehistoric over here.

Ishwip
19953 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 03:30 PM

13. "Yep. Spotify doesn't appeal to me at all"
In response to Reply # 12

>I'll keep it prehistoric over here.

__

stone_phalanges
1813 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 04:51 PM

14. "why?"
In response to Reply # 13

I have tons of music but rdio (similar to spotify) really helps me decide on which new music to buy and let's me instantly check out music that I'm interested in.

www.anwarmorse.com

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Fri Sep-07-12 06:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "Split 'em by genres of music"
In response to Reply # 0

One with hip-hop (since that makes up most of my collection), the other would have soul, jazz, rock, reggae, etc. Maybe I'd put soul on the hip-hop one. Iono

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Lobby The Lesson topic #2738096 Previous topic | Next topic