Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2708435

Subject: "Fams...need help with I.D. of a Jaylib song." Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Sun Jun-10-12 06:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Fams...need help with I.D. of a Jaylib song."

At least I think it's Jaylib, lol. So years ago my homeboy hit me off with a burned CD of Champion Sound. I played the shit out of it and pretty much accepted it as the album. Between packing up and coming back home from Iraq, the joint got lost. So...fast forward to now, I got the album off of Spotify only to find that some shit is different. I guess he just threw together some joints he thought were by Jaylib. It's the same for the most part, except "The Red" has a different beat and there's a song missing that was one of my favorites. I'll explain it the best I can. It's quite similar to this song: The Mission... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYTjP0_Adkc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL475583665891603A, in that it starts off like someone letting a record speed up. It also has a lot of vocal samples like this one, and I THINK...Jay raps a little on this one, too...could be wrong, though. The beat to the song sounds like if you would play "Lyrics to Go" in reverse...and a little slower. Also, when the song starts off, there Redman barking like a dog and then he says something like "turn me up some". That's all I got. This jawn was short and sweet and I used to bump it repeatedly because it was so smooth.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it was the same beat as Busta's Pass The Torch from Big Bang
Jun 10th 2012
good looking, man.
Jun 10th 2012
Here you go:
Jun 10th 2012
OMG, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 10th 2012
man, Dilla loved 'Inside My Love'
Jun 10th 2012

OKdamn
Member since Dec 04th 2010
1314 posts
Sun Jun-10-12 06:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "it was the same beat as Busta's Pass The Torch from Big Bang"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jun-10-12 07:06 PM by OKdamn

that might not be the right title tho
The song you're talking about had Madlib rapping & was never on the official Jaylib but was on the Madlib pre Jaylib tape with him rapping over Dilla beats

i can't remember what it was called but if I find my copy I'll inbox you

Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Sun Jun-10-12 07:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "good looking, man."
In response to Reply # 1

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

third_i_vision
Charter member
7818 posts
Sun Jun-10-12 07:06 PM

2. "Here you go:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNy8Llcwrs

And yeah, this was on that leaked version of the Jaylib album with all Madlib vocals over Dilla's 2002 beats. Dope track.

Bowls
http://twitter.com/Bowls615

Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Sun Jun-10-12 07:12 PM

3. "OMG, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

I cannot tell you how much I used to bump this song in the middle of Baghdad. Shit used to settle me down when it was hectic. Fuck!!!!!

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132212 posts
Sun Jun-10-12 08:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "man, Dilla loved 'Inside My Love'"
In response to Reply # 0

sampled it a gazillion times, even going after the covers

Lobby The Lesson topic #2708435 Previous topic | Next topic