Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2693429

Subject: "American Transplants, how do you keep up with music back home?" Previous topic | Next topic
Delajoo
Member since Jul 30th 2010
1331 posts
Tue May-01-12 11:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"American Transplants, how do you keep up with music back home?"

Do you feel a need to know what music is charting? Do you listen to american radio online at all? Are blogs enough for you, or do you feel like you miss hearing mainstream stuff sometimes?

I moved to Israel 2 1/2 years ago, and its interesting to not ever listen to the radio, rarely feeling like a song is "overplayed" (unless its a club song, which who gives a shit most of the time), and relying soley on the niche music access that I am accustomed to (download links, blog rolls, and forum posts).

Sometimes I'll hook up the iphone to tune-in radio in the car and play hot 97 or some station from South Carolina (home state) and try to relive whats it like, but then i'm like, the fuck with all these commercials fuck, no thanks.

Sidebar, watching streams of American channels for sports games is a trip, every commercial is completely new!

-------------------
village.fm/okayplayer | @delajoo
"Whether you're a rock star or a garbage man, if you think about yourself all the time, you won't be very good at what you do." - Frusciante

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #2693429 Previous topic | Next topic