Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2683413

Subject: "Spinoff: Fantastic Damage vs. I'll Sleep When You're Dead" Previous topic | Next topic
amplifya7
Member since Feb 07th 2010
2989 posts
Sun Apr-08-12 07:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Spinoff: Fantastic Damage vs. I'll Sleep When You're Dead"
Sun Apr-08-12 07:49 PM by amplifya7

With two new El-P albums coming out in less than two months (Cancer For Cure and R.A.P. Music)...Which of his two solo albums do you prefer?

It's impossible for me to be objective about this, as a 16-17 year old hearing Fan Dam blew my mind and is still one of my favorite albums of all time and probably shaped some of of my tastes in production and hip hop forever..."Dr. Hell No" would be a cool track on one of the def jux presents comps but should've been left off IMO, otherwise its a classic front to back for me. That being said ISWYD is also incredible and might have stronger standouts...but I love the more crunchy lo-fi sound of Fan Dam.

Poll result (7 votes)
Fan Dam (2 votes)Vote
ISWYD (5 votes)Vote
Equally incredible. (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
They're both great
Apr 08th 2012

seandammit
Member since May 28th 2003
6522 posts
Sun Apr-08-12 07:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "They're both great"
In response to Reply # 0

Fan Dam is definitely more raw, and if that's your preference, I totally get why it'd be ranked higher.

But to me, he perfected his approach on ISWYD. A lot of people don't often mention how similar the albums are in terms of sequencing, but it definitely seems like a more refined and (IMO) superiorly executed album.

www.twitter.com/seandammit

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #2683413 Previous topic | Next topic