Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2683235

Subject: "Yo fams...do I get a massive late pass for this?" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Sat Apr-07-12 08:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Yo fams...do I get a massive late pass for this?"

Cuz I swear I NEVER heard of these cats til like 2 hours ago. Feeling kinda lazy and didn't wanna pick out something to listen to at the gym, so I hit the Pandora button on the phone and the last station on it was Tribe. The first song was this shit here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPyue3DN73c
As soon as it started I was like "please let that horn stay in for the entire song", lol. So, who are these cats. I downloaded this "Ink is My Drink" album with the quicks. EVERY beat is mellow as shit.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Panacea are so good.
Apr 07th 2012
I'm digesting "Ink is My Drink" right now...
Apr 07th 2012
      They had another one in between called the Scenic Route.
Apr 07th 2012
           Damn, I don't know why I didn't know Damu was their DJ
Apr 07th 2012
           man, it's so fuckin good....
Apr 07th 2012
                Love this album...
Apr 08th 2012
           ah the lesson
Mar 19th 2020
                my, goodness...I made this post 8 years ago...
Mar 19th 2020
                     i had no clue who damu was last year
Mar 19th 2020
...thought you were talking about THIS Panacea
Apr 07th 2012

CondoM
Member since Aug 20th 2006
9881 posts
Sat Apr-07-12 09:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Panacea are so good."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't think I heard their last two albums, but their run from Ink is my Drink to A Mind on a Shop Through Time is one of the best runs in hip-hop as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.last.fm/user/_CondoM_/

Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Sat Apr-07-12 09:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm digesting "Ink is My Drink" right now..."
In response to Reply # 1

I'll check for that other one you mentioned. Shit like this restores my faith in hip hop, man.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

CondoM
Member since Aug 20th 2006
9881 posts
Sat Apr-07-12 09:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "They had another one in between called the Scenic Route."
In response to Reply # 2

It doesn't have the peaks of Ink is my Drink, but overall it's a more cohesive album. It's probably the best of the three.

I hope you enjoy them, they don't get much love around here anymore.

Their DJ, Damu the Fudgemunk was the producer of Y Society's classic album, Travel At Your Own Pace (with Insight).

Apparently K-Murdock (the producer of Panacea) also did an album with the lesson's very own Random which I had no idea about.

http://www.last.fm/user/_CondoM_/

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44686 posts
Sat Apr-07-12 09:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Damn, I don't know why I didn't know Damu was their DJ"
In response to Reply # 3

And I really, really, REALLY like "Ink is My Drink." Gotta check for their other albums.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Sat Apr-07-12 09:17 PM

5. "man, it's so fuckin good...."
In response to Reply # 4

when "Pulse" came on my Pandora, I stopped lifting. I'm bumping Ink right now with Magic/Sixers on mute.

ry 213
Member since Jan 24th 2010
1013 posts
Sun Apr-08-12 03:50 PM

7. "Love this album..."
In response to Reply # 5

I was going through a difficult time when it came out and used to bump it all the time to uplift my spirits...

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16400 posts
Thu Mar-19-20 12:53 PM

8. "ah the lesson"
In response to Reply # 3

i was looking into who damu was since i really liked ground and water and saw wikipedia said he was part of panacea. i was like word??? i loved panacea. then i look up panacea and see damu isnt listed. decided to run a search before asking and found this post.

i think im going to have to go back and check out more panacea albums and y society as well.

Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Thu Mar-19-20 01:24 PM

9. "my, goodness...I made this post 8 years ago..."
In response to Reply # 8

still rock with these dudes, too. Major. Thinking Back Looking Forward, Ink is My Drink, The Scenic Route, 12 Step Program...all are pure excellence.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16400 posts
Thu Mar-19-20 01:27 PM

10. "i had no clue who damu was last year"
In response to Reply # 9

i think im going to dig up what i can on dude. reading through posts about him on here was interesting. looks like i need to listen to vignettes now! then well see.

did he do a full project with raw poetic?

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Sat Apr-07-12 10:29 PM

6. "...thought you were talking about THIS Panacea"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQx3129ECvc

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Lobby The Lesson topic #2683235 Previous topic | Next topic