Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2681751

Subject: "" Previous topic | Next topic
fwmj
Charter member
33136 posts
Wed Apr-04-12 03:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
""
Wed Apr-04-12 03:38 PM by fwmj

Download & Stream: http://www.rappesiknow.com/scanz/
Artwork: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fwmj/sets/72157629376871384/

In the News: http://www.okayplayer.com/news/scanz-wake-up-call-ep.html

I first heard of SCANZ from the ubiquitous SlopFunkDust, HNIC of the Beat Fanatic crew (which features such illustrious producers as Illmind, Symbolyc One, M-Phazes, Dela, The ARE, DJ Rhettmatic, Khrysis and more). At the time Slop was heading the Rawkus 50, of which Scanz was a stand out on the roster.

The next time the name Scanz passed in front of me, I was serving as HOT 97's Art Director & Brand Manager in New York. One of my interns at the time, Jared “Sherm”, was good friends with Scanz and would pass me new music and beat tapes of his amongst the all the other music we would listen to that was not playing on the stations air waves.

Over there years I became better friends with Sherm and by extension got to know Scanz, at which point I began listening to his music more intently.

I'm sure it's happened to you; you've heard some music, watched a film, visited a remote town, gazed at a painting and wondered, "Why don't more people know about this?" Not to take away from the things people do know, as everything has its place, but I felt that way about Scanz’s music, and suggested we put together a series of projects, of which this is the first. I've been in this state of bewilderment many times before, and have done my best with various shades of success to bring a spotlight to artists whose music I think warrant it; from Kay, Chris "Daddy" Dave & The Foundation to K-otix & The ARE to Jay Electronica to The Luv Bugz to Danny Brown to H.I.S.D. to Clear Soul Forces.

Under these auspices, Rappers I Know is proud to present Wake Up Call, an EP by Scanz.

—FWMJ

"Don't let them steal your energy."

----------------------------------------
www.rappersiknow.com
fwmj.tumblr.com
www.twitter.com/fwmj

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
scanz is my manz.
Apr 04th 2012
let's make it happen!
Apr 04th 2012
i totally forgot about this
Apr 04th 2012
which were your favourites?
Apr 04th 2012
Apr 05th 2012
Apr 05th 2012

Aeon
Charter member
43870 posts
Wed Apr-04-12 03:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "scanz is my manz."
In response to Reply # 0

good shit.
been looking forward to this!

(me & him still gotta work.)

_

shakin your block with a 6 million dollar bop

_

www.davidevanmcdowell.com

fwmj
Charter member
33136 posts
Wed Apr-04-12 04:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "let's make it happen!"
In response to Reply # 1

www.rappersiknow.com
fwmj.tumblr.com
www.twitter.com/fwmj

camerongiIes
Member since Jun 12th 2006
1328 posts
Wed Apr-04-12 04:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "i totally forgot about this"
In response to Reply # 0

>the Rawkus 50

seemed like a good idea in theory(promo wise)...i thought they were ahead of their time, and this shit was gonna take off....but alot of those rappers were sub-par

fwmj
Charter member
33136 posts
Wed Apr-04-12 04:30 PM

4. "which were your favourites?"
In response to Reply # 3

www.rappersiknow.com
fwmj.tumblr.com
www.twitter.com/fwmj

fwmj
Charter member
33136 posts
Thu Apr-05-12 11:58 AM

5. "."
In response to Reply # 0

www.rappersiknow.com
fwmj.tumblr.com
www.twitter.com/fwmj

haji rana pinya
Charter member
53604 posts
Thu Apr-05-12 12:31 PM

6. ""
In response to Reply # 0

good stuff

www.dumhi.com

Lobby The Lesson topic #2681751 Previous topic | Next topic