Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2678329

Subject: "THEESatisfaction - Enchantruss (ft. Shabazz Palaces)" Previous topic | Next topic
Delajoo
Member since Jul 30th 2010
1331 posts
Tue Mar-27-12 07:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"THEESatisfaction - Enchantruss (ft. Shabazz Palaces)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jXceebT-c4

They just released a new album today through Sub Pop, you probably heard them on "Swerve" from SP's Black Up album.

Really interesting mix, heard of them from The Needle Drop's review of their new album "Awe Naturale" (review was glowing).

You can still stream the whole album at NPR Here: http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=148304885&m=148466671

Try it out, lemme know if The Lesson is feeling it.

-------------------
village.fm/okayplayer | @delajoo
"Whether you're a rock star or a garbage man, if you think about yourself all the time, you won't be very good at what you do." - Frusciante

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I was ready to make fun of this
Apr 03rd 2012
Too Okayplayery
Apr 05th 2012

stylez dainty
Member since Nov 22nd 2004
6738 posts
Tue Apr-03-12 02:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I was ready to make fun of this"
In response to Reply # 0

Because of their neo-soulisms and the fact that they're not amazing rappers or singers and that this got a release on Sub Pop who, perhaps flush with success after Shabazz Palaces, have seemed to be committing commercial suicide with the hip hop they're putting out.

But this is nice. It's growing on me.

----
I check for: Serengeti, Zeroh, Open Mike Eagle, Jeremiah Jae, Moka Only.

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Thu Apr-05-12 01:24 PM

2. "Too Okayplayery"
In response to Reply # 1

I think I may have wanted to like this but had he senese already that I wouldn't. The good news is I don't hate it, bad news is it does nothing for me. I mean if this had dropped when Zap Mama and Les Nubianes were poppin' I guess. But now, not even the ish verses are enough to make me feel I need to go back.
________
Big PEMFin H & z's
█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am one thing, a musician." © Miles Davis

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Lobby The Lesson topic #2678329 Previous topic | Next topic