Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2671655

Subject: "Biggie Day: Where does Ready to Die & Life After Rank to you?" Previous topic | Next topic
Thanes1975
Member since Aug 03rd 2011
1618 posts
Fri Mar-09-12 04:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Biggie Day: Where does Ready to Die & Life After Rank to you?"

Biggie Day: Where does Ready to Die & Life After Rank to you on the all time Hip Hop LP list?

Me:

1. RTD...Top 10 LP of all time

2. LAD...Top 20 LP of all time

3. ...I wish there was truly a follow-up and of course more than anything..wish the brother wouldnt have got killed

peace

"Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds."-Albert Einstein

http://twitter.com/#!/TonyHanesPoetry

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i'm the weird dude that prefers LAD > RTD
Mar 09th 2012
Hell yea.
Mar 09th 2012
Yea same here
Mar 09th 2012
RE: Yea same here
Mar 09th 2012
RE: Hell yea.
Mar 09th 2012
RE: i'm the weird dude that prefers LAD > RTD
Mar 09th 2012

bucknchange
Member since May 07th 2003
3590 posts
Fri Mar-09-12 06:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i'm the weird dude that prefers LAD > RTD"
In response to Reply # 0

LAD laid the blueprint for non nyc sounding mainstream and did it with ease
"niggaz bleed"
"your nobody till somebody kills you"
joints like those are still some of the illest stories-hardcore brag rap shit

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Fri Mar-09-12 07:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Hell yea."
In response to Reply # 1

>joints like those are still some of the illest
>stories-hardcore brag rap shit

Biggie was the ultimate story teller. So smooth.

Anyway, I have trouble ranking his two albums, cause I have soooo many albums I listen to way more than I do either LAD or RTD. I love them both, tho, so they rank relatively high but I just don't know if either is in my top 10. That doesn't take ANYTHING away from either album, or Biggie, it's more a compliment to the albums I WOULD rank in my top 10. I worded that really poorly but I hope I got the point across.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Fri Mar-09-12 07:36 PM

3. "Yea same here"
In response to Reply # 2

Ready To Die is definitely top 20 but I think there are just a few songs I could lose plus that ridiculous interlude so it doesn't quite make top 10 for me.

LAD was never a favorite of mine. I don't consider 'laying a blueprint' for wack albums as a plus. There was just too much bullshit on it for me and I felt like that since day one. I actually like it more now than when it dropped. Some really classic shit on there though.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Fri Mar-09-12 07:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "RE: Yea same here"
In response to Reply # 3

Yea I think both were too long. Obviously double albums have never, will never, can never be flawless so I'm glad that trend went by the wayside. But even RTD is a tad too long, shave that shit to like 14 or 15 tracks and it probly makes a much much stronger case for my top 10.

But like you said, both have absolute classics on them so again, this is not to take anything from Biggie or either of his albums.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Thanes1975
1618 posts
Fri Mar-09-12 07:43 PM

4. "RE: Hell yea."
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, that is no disrespect at all. I feel you.

"Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds."-Albert Einstein

Thanes1975
1618 posts
Fri Mar-09-12 07:44 PM

5. "RE: i'm the weird dude that prefers LAD > RTD"
In response to Reply # 1

@bucknchange
yeah ..............if you take the 15 best songs on LAD, its better than RTD to me

Lobby The Lesson topic #2671655 Previous topic | Next topic