Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2993593

Subject: "Chester Bennington of Linkin Park found dead" Previous topic | Next topic
isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Chester Bennington of Linkin Park found dead"
Thu Jul-20-17 01:23 PM by isaaaa

34 Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

- TMZ

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Just trying to share the world - www.JySbr.net

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RIP...
Jul 20th 2017
RIP
Jul 20th 2017
Depression is a motherfucker, man. Bless up.
Jul 20th 2017
damn. sad stuff
Jul 20th 2017
Really sad to hear this.
Jul 20th 2017
damn...RIP
Jul 20th 2017
Whenever a metaller dies young, I wonder...
Jul 21st 2017
Pretty deep reflection in your statement.
Jul 21st 2017
was listening to KROQ in LA the other day
Jul 23rd 2017

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57022 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RIP..."
In response to Reply # 0

...heard he was godfather to Chris Cornell's kids as well?? And today would have been Cornell's birthday ....geez man ..depression must be brutal ..dude had 6 kids of his own too fuck

was just rockin that joint they did with the X-Men too.. so dope.. RIP

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8766 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 03:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

Man. He was only 41 too, which is a horrible age to die. Based on some comments on Twitter he seemed to cope well enough with depression. Some folks said he was alright when asked recently about his wellbeing.

I'm not a fan of his music, but this death has me shaken up a little bit. Maybe because he's only a year older than myself.

Condolences and prayers to his wife and remaining family.

Dstl1
Charter member
56281 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 03:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Depression is a motherfucker, man. Bless up."
In response to Reply # 0

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Small Pro
Member since Apr 06th 2006
12593 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 03:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "damn. sad stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

r.i.p.

--------------------------------------
https://smallprofessor.bandcamp.com

Af-1
Member since Apr 22nd 2008
3461 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 03:55 PM

5. "Really sad to hear this."
In response to Reply # 0

Such a shame.

-----
Check me out, say hi...
Visit our soul/jazz/funk internet radio station, Blue-in-Green:RADIO: http://www.blueingreenradio.com/
https://www.mixcloud.com/Blue_in_Green_Sessions/
http://soundcloud.com/user305437292

JtothaI
Charter member
17137 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 03:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "damn...RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3306 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 10:29 AM

7. "Whenever a metaller dies young, I wonder..."
In response to Reply # 0

... how many teenagers made it to their twenties because of them.

This dude took a childhood of shattering abuse and used it to give hope to a generation of misfits. LP fell off for me after Meteora, but I can't help but applaud their impact.

))<>((
forever.

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8766 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 08:04 PM

8. "Pretty deep reflection in your statement."
In response to Reply # 7

The depth of the abuse he took in as a child is still new to me after being semi-tuned in the last couple of days. It's a shame that his insight came at such a price to his soul.

But like you said, music plays such a key part in those years between middle school and moving out of the house. While ideally, Chester survives whatever relapse into depression he felt and leads a fulfilling life with his family and still makes music, his impact on the world has been immeasurable and will last beyond his time with us.

NoFuture4Us
Member since Jan 11th 2017
313 posts
Sun Jul-23-17 02:59 AM

9. "was listening to KROQ in LA the other day"
In response to Reply # 0

they played the beginning piano riff of "In The End" but didn't finish the rest of it..such a sad loss

https://www.instagram.com/christiancgarrido/

Hussein ibn Malik "if he escaped on a horse he might be realest nigga ever, EVER..2013 Nat Turner with the burner"
MaxPtah "Django is real homie.."
PoppaGeorge "If you're a child of the 70's, Ye looks like a p

Lobby The Lesson topic #2993593 Previous topic | Next topic