Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13498502

Subject: "How many of us use a CPap. / mouth taping?" Previous topic | Next topic
lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Sat Feb-03-24 08:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"How many of us use a CPap. / mouth taping?"

CPaps save relationships and marriages

I have one, just goes over my nose, I was thinking of getting one that covered the nose and mouth. not sure I can do the whole face thing tho. (that reggie white/carrie fisher ish is SCARY).

I was thinking bout mouth tape too, but I haven't tried it yet. Some people seem to swear by it tho

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I've used one, my sleep quality was MUCH better.
Feb 07th 2024
Yeah i need a new round of weight loss
Mar 17th 2024
it's crazy how some people die without theirs
Mar 17th 2024
Serious queston - not trying to be a dick - but are you fat?
Mar 17th 2024
To be clear, I had sleep apnea before a weight loss surgery
Mar 17th 2024
RE: Serious queston - not trying to be a dick - but are you fat?
Mar 18th 2024
At-home sleep tests are HSA eligible now, I believe.
Mar 17th 2024
they are. I used Lofta.
Mar 18th 2024
damn, hope his fam got dome type of settlement. .
Mar 18th 2024
*some
Mar 18th 2024
Now, I'm visualizing his mom getting dome.
Mar 18th 2024
wow damn.
Mar 18th 2024
Sleep Apnea and insomnia
Mar 18th 2024
how is your sleep hygiene and before-bed practices?
Mar 18th 2024
      low lights
Mar 18th 2024
           good practices!
Mar 18th 2024
                Thanks
Mar 18th 2024

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Wed Feb-07-24 07:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I've used one, my sleep quality was MUCH better."
In response to Reply # 0

However, I've found, losing a little weight and avoiding booze in the evenings seems to have made the greatest difference.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Sun Mar-17-24 11:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Yeah i need a new round of weight loss"
In response to Reply # 1

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Sun Mar-17-24 11:49 AM

3. "it's crazy how some people die without theirs"
In response to Reply # 0

hard to conceive that

handle
Charter member
18959 posts
Sun Mar-17-24 12:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Serious queston - not trying to be a dick - but are you fat?"
In response to Reply # 0

I know that not everyone with sleep apnea is fat, but I do know that if you lose weight it often gets much better.

IF you are fat maybe try to get on Wegovy/Ozempic or Zepfbound and see if it helps. Just a suggestion.

And of course wear whichever CPAP your doctor recommends -- nasal or oral.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

handle
Charter member
18959 posts
Sun Mar-17-24 08:33 PM

6. "To be clear, I had sleep apnea before a weight loss surgery"
In response to Reply # 4

If the word fat offended you, I sincerely apologize, but having sleep apnea was one of the ways 24 years ago that you could get insurance to cover your weight loss surgery so people I met back then all head sleep apnea. I had minor sleep apnea after doing the home test, but my doctor was happy because he knew insurance would cover it.

I was just thinking that maybe weight loss medication, which is much easier than a surgery to handle, might be covered

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 07:41 PM

16. "RE: Serious queston - not trying to be a dick - but are you fat?"
In response to Reply # 4

LOL

I'm a lttle overweight. The more weight I lose the better sleep I have.

Diet and exercise matter so much. Too much quick access to terrible foods.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23884 posts
Sun Mar-17-24 05:43 PM

5. "At-home sleep tests are HSA eligible now, I believe."
In response to Reply # 0

I had a class mate that died during a sleep test at a facility.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 06:07 AM

8. "they are. I used Lofta."
In response to Reply # 5

$800 for the home test. And I had a lab test $6000 - covered by my insurance.

Get tested.

Live.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79684 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 06:46 AM

9. "damn, hope his fam got dome type of settlement. ."
In response to Reply # 5

Was it a sleep induced test?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79684 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 08:59 AM

10. "*some"
In response to Reply # 9

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23884 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 10:19 PM

17. "Now, I'm visualizing his mom getting dome."
In response to Reply # 9

BUT, I do remember chipping in on a GoFundMe for legal fees for them to fight.

He was always a really really big dude, though, so I'm sure they were like "He was dead when he got here!".

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59182 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 01:05 PM

11. "wow damn."
In response to Reply # 5

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 06:00 AM

7. "Sleep Apnea and insomnia"
In response to Reply # 0

Resolved last spring. The sleep apnea but the insomnia is still in search of a solution.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 04:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "how is your sleep hygiene and before-bed practices?"
In response to Reply # 7
Mon Mar-18-24 04:05 PM by bearfield

>but the insomnia is still in search of a solution.

been an insomniac since i was a kid. what's working for me currently is no screens for 30-60 minutes before bed (and if there are screens, going in night light mode), limiting caffeine intake and stopping caffiene about 13 hours before bedtime, and lots of physical activity. this is in addition to good sleep hygiene practices like no screens or tv while i'm in bed, making the bedroom and bed exclusively for sleeping so your mind associates bed/bedroom with sleeping and little else, and getting out of bed for a reset if i'm not asleep after 20 minutes

i'm also taking OTC herbal sleep aids like valerian root and melatonin to help me wind down ~30 minutes before bed

this book helped me a lot with my insomnia: https://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Your-Mind-Get-Sleep/dp/1572246278

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 04:21 PM

13. "low lights"
In response to Reply # 12

quiet.
sleep meds AND BP meds.
lavander essential oils in the air.
hot bath with bath salts, bath bombs and bubble bath.
bath by LED candlelight. From Dollar tree... I have like 40 of em.
lower lights.
white noise.
4-6 hours sleep.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 07:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "good practices!"
In response to Reply # 13

the thing that helped me most and i didn't know about until i read that book is the "don't stay in bed *trying* to fall asleep" bit. if it's been 20 minutes and your mind is still disquieted, get out of bed and do something not involving screens (if possible) and not particularly interesting or engaging. i'll fold laundry or read something dry like marie kondo or a history book. it's kind of amazing how yawny i get and how quiet my mind gets after getting out of bed, after struggling to sleep for 15-20 minutes. usually the second i get out of my bedroom i get tired again 🙃

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Mar-18-24 07:39 PM

15. "Thanks"
In response to Reply # 14

Keeping away from screens is a good idea. Exercise helps. I also rack up 7-10k steps a day just working. 10-15k if I can get a hike in - morning or afternoon. I live in a neighborhood with a large high desert open space. I feel like I'm close to the magic formula.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Lobby General Discussion topic #13498502 Previous topic | Next topic