Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13489982

Subject: "Kevin Hart's show in Egypt cancelled because they are outraged" Previous topic | Next topic
mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10153 posts
Mon Aug-14-23 09:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Kevin Hart's show in Egypt cancelled because they are outraged"

that he called them black smh...been hearing about this issue all of my life.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/egypt-cancels-kevin-harts-show/

Comedian Kevin Hart was scheduled to take the stage in Cairo on Feb. 21. But due to “local logistical issues” the performance was canceled.

According to Al-Monitor, although the reason given for the cancelation was due to logistical issues, many feel those issues were related to Egyptians being upset that Hart allegedly stated in the past that Egyptians were Black.

R Productions released a statement via their social media accounts announcing the cancelation of Hart’s performance this week.

“It is with a heavy heart that we share with you, due to local logistical issues, the cancellation of our Kevin Hart event scheduled for February 21st, in Cairo. You have always shown us continuous support in all our events and for that we’re grateful. In the meantime, we are asking for your patience as we work with the TicketsMarché team to make sure that all the refunds are met in the shortest time possible.

“It is our dream to create the best experiences for all of our clients and ensure that Egypt is placed on the international map at the highest possible standards. We will continue to work towards that dream every day.

“Again, thank you for your continuous support and understanding.”

The news outlet reported that the comedian faced backlash for the aforementioned comments he supposedly said on the racial composition of ancient Egyptians.

THE STATEMENT ATTRIBUTED TO HIM WAS,

“WE MUST TEACH OUR CHILDREN THE TRUE HISTORY OF BLACK AFRICANS WHEN THEY WERE KINGS IN EGYPT AND NOT JUST THE ERA OF SLAVERY THAT IS CEMENTED BY EDUCATION IN AMERICA. DO YOU REMEMBER THE TIME WHEN WE WERE KINGS?”

Although there is no definitive evidence that Hart made that statement, social media users in Egypt had been extremely vocal about the alleged comments that it was trending. On Twitter, the hashtag #CancelKevinHart was prominent in the weeks leading up to the show.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
lol
Aug 14th 2023
i didnt even know egypt was an entertainment destination like that
Aug 14th 2023
i was more shocked by the fact that he had a show in Egypt than
Aug 14th 2023
Early Egyptian Heiroglyphics are Darker Than ME
Aug 14th 2023
I just don't have the energy to try and convince Africans that they are ...
Aug 15th 2023
RE: Early Egyptian Heiroglyphics are Darker Than ME
Aug 15th 2023

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22275 posts
Mon Aug-14-23 09:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "lol"
In response to Reply # 0

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

.Monkeynuts.
Member since Mar 24th 2007
528 posts
Mon Aug-14-23 09:47 AM

2. "i didnt even know egypt was an entertainment destination like that"
In response to Reply # 0

til this year.

when a bunch of black shit got canceled.

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10153 posts
Mon Aug-14-23 10:11 AM

3. "i was more shocked by the fact that he had a show in Egypt than"
In response to Reply # 2

i was to find out that his Egyptian show was cancelled lol.

Thee Phantom
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2780 posts
Mon Aug-14-23 02:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Early Egyptian Heiroglyphics are Darker Than ME"
In response to Reply # 0

And Egypt is bordered by Chad, Sudan, Ethiopia and Somalia where some of the darkest hued people on the face of the Earth are from.

Are we not to believe that they crossed this mythical, invisible border into "The Middle East"?

Shit, Egypt was "conquered" at least a dozen times. Are the people there now, realllllly the folks who were there when Moses came through and crushed the buildings?

IG: @illharmonic.orchestra
Youtube: www.youtube.com/theephantom

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49530 posts
Tue Aug-15-23 09:14 AM

5. "I just don't have the energy to try and convince Africans that they are ..."
In response to Reply # 4

And I am not even sure I should. There are a whole lot more of them then us.

Just don't come looking for our scholarships and jobs for black people.

And of course, I am not talking about all my African Brothers and Sisters, just THOSE type of Africans.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

3CardMolly
Member since Jun 08th 2007
13893 posts
Tue Aug-15-23 09:36 AM

6. "RE: Early Egyptian Heiroglyphics are Darker Than ME"
In response to Reply # 4

‘Egypt was "conquered" at least a dozen times. Are the people there now, realllllly the folks who were there when Moses came through and crushed the buildings?‘

Exactly. They look nothing like their brethren countries that border them and Egypts main language is Arabic, so they are in fact Arab.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13489982 Previous topic | Next topic