Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13338589

Subject: "How was your Father's Day? The Good, Best, and Awesome!" Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 12:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How was your Father's Day? The Good, Best, and Awesome!"

Man, after a hectic 7 weeks preparing to put on and host a Men's Event (Speaking Session and Outdoor Obstacle Course) at my church on Saturday for about 70 Males (Sons, Fathers, Mentees and Mentors) I was dead tired on Father's Day. On Sunday a lot of men told me how much the enjoyed the entire event. So the day was on the rise for better because it was also my son's 23 Birthday. He and I chatted on the phone and gave all kinds of props and love. I'll see him this week to exchange gifts. His mom sent me an amazing text message saying how glad she was that I'm KC's father and even apologizing for all the hell she put me through and how she can see that I was right all along when it came to being a father. But the WIFE, she blessed a brother with a nice gift card ($$$) to one of my favorite shoe stores and took the Brother to Little Alley Steak, an amazing steakhouse. Man listen, I had the best Ribeye that I've ever had in my LIFE!. Thank I took my sleepy self home and knocked out on the couch watching Jo Koy's new comedy special on Netflix.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
That's great you had a good day!
Jun 17th 2019
I really needed it. It's been a busy and rough 365 days
Jun 17th 2019
      I think you deserved it, and with what you've been through
Jun 17th 2019
Nowhere as good as this Case
Jun 17th 2019
It ain't the same for us, bruh. Just gotta accept that.
Jun 17th 2019
      I know. All these years of warnings and sitcoms
Jun 18th 2019
           shitty gifts in general lol
Jun 18th 2019
I did get sad when I thought about my dad. This is the 1st FD w/o him
Jun 17th 2019
Got a Theragun and an Activ5
Jun 17th 2019
you're the 2nd person in a couple of days
Jun 17th 2019
Good Stuff. Spending time with the Kids is always great
Jun 17th 2019
Got to spend A LOT of time with my boys
Jun 17th 2019

be_yourself
Member since Apr 06th 2008
953 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "That's great you had a good day!"
In response to Reply # 0

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 01:23 PM

4. "I really needed it. It's been a busy and rough 365 days"
In response to Reply # 1

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

be_yourself
Member since Apr 06th 2008
953 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 01:29 PM

5. "I think you deserved it, and with what you've been through"
In response to Reply # 4

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 01:15 PM

2. "Nowhere as good as this Case"
In response to Reply # 0

Kids are with the grandparents. They called me and FaceTimed which was cool. I miss them.

Wife tho... she gotta do better.

That is all.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 08:43 PM

9. "It ain't the same for us, bruh. Just gotta accept that. "
In response to Reply # 2

>Wife tho... she gotta do better.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Tue Jun-18-19 10:37 AM

11. "I know. All these years of warnings and sitcoms "
In response to Reply # 9

with shitty Fathers Day gifts.

Smh.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Tue Jun-18-19 10:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "shitty gifts in general lol"
In response to Reply # 11

my wife will at least ask me what I want. otherwise, it'll be some trash. thanks but no thanks.

just make some good food or take me out somewhere nice. that's really all that's needed.

cept for my bday in July. I wanna do something outside since its summer time. went hang gliding a couple years ago.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 01:22 PM

3. "I did get sad when I thought about my dad. This is the 1st FD w/o him"
In response to Reply # 0

Also, my wife's father passed away when she was 16 yr old, so we share in that refection. But I pulled it together.

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 01:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Got a Theragun and an Activ5"
In response to Reply # 0

im sore lol

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 02:36 PM

7. "you're the 2nd person in a couple of days"
In response to Reply # 0

to mention little alley. I don't eat steak, but I've been meaning to take my wife there.

She took me to Parkers on Ponce on Saturday, which ended up way better than I thought it'd be. I didn't want to do anything for sunday cuz everybody was gonna be eating out.

so sunday, I

- took a morning run
- bought both the kids some new kicks
- took my daughter driving
- cut the grass

father shit on father's day lol.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 04:12 PM

8. "Good Stuff. Spending time with the Kids is always great"
In response to Reply # 7

Little Alley! https://littlealleysteak.com/

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Mon Jun-17-19 08:48 PM

10. "Got to spend A LOT of time with my boys "
In response to Reply # 0

which is great. Yesterday was probably the most fun day we've had at Disney with the littlest one because of the Star Wars stuff and Toy Story Land. Anyone who follows me on the gram can see what I'm talking about. The rain in the afternoon was kind of a bummer, but we made it do what it do in spite of that.

Glad you had a great day, Case. And sorry your father's day post got deleted. If anything, mine shoulda since nobody bothered to reply to it Haha.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13338589 Previous topic | Next topic