Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13337582

Subject: "NOT FRIDAY POAST XXXIX" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 03:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NOT FRIDAY POAST XXXIX"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
MONDAY
Jun 10th 2019
glad that presentation went well
Jun 10th 2019
had a great walk today.
Jun 10th 2019
jealous
Jun 10th 2019
      don't be!
Jun 10th 2019
           oof dont do that
Jun 10th 2019
                lightweight
Jun 10th 2019
                     i should have paid for murs
Jun 10th 2019
                          buy some albums but I'm not serious about throwing money
Jun 10th 2019
                               i was legit thinking of doing that though
Jun 10th 2019
                                    yeah definitely want to encourage acts to come through town
Jun 10th 2019
thanks you two for that presentation sentiment.
Jun 10th 2019
It's getting harder and harder to leave Charlotte
Jun 10th 2019
shows and records
Jun 11th 2019
TUESDAY
Jun 11th 2019
i need to find a new snack
Jun 11th 2019
cashews? walnuts?
Jun 11th 2019
      ive never been a fan of jerky or beefsticks
Jun 11th 2019
           Fruit is also a good option.
Jun 11th 2019
                get out of here with sardines! lol
Jun 11th 2019
Coworker was eating plantain chips during an interview
Jun 11th 2019
did anybody say anything about her eating during an interview?
Jun 11th 2019
      No, and I'm too shook to say anything
Jun 11th 2019
           yeah that can go south quickly
Jun 11th 2019
           From an interviewee perspective it's absolutely a red flag
Jun 11th 2019
averaged 10k steps last week, 1st time since I started tracking.
Jun 11th 2019
      do you take walks?
Jun 11th 2019
           I do walk, but it's mainly my job
Jun 11th 2019
                oh i dont take into account weekends
Jun 11th 2019
Kids been gone 1.5 days and I miss them like crazy
Jun 11th 2019
lol. Aren't they gonna be with the Grands for a few weeks?
Jun 11th 2019
3 whole weeks.
Jun 11th 2019
      'spose they'll still recognize you?
Jun 11th 2019
I think I'd be going crazy if they were gone that long.
Jun 12th 2019
WEDNESDAY
Jun 12th 2019
hope you start feeling better
Jun 12th 2019
Last week, I mentioned needing $2600 for a new axle. Now, the damned...
Jun 12th 2019
awww that sucks.
Jun 12th 2019
      Can’t afford to drink no mo! Car took it all.
Jun 12th 2019
Everyone please keep me in your thoughts and prayers
Jun 12th 2019
      I’m thinking of and praying for you to turn the fugg up...
Jun 12th 2019
           Going to Disney with like 8 people
Jun 12th 2019
                LOL... Headphones, Driftless Glen, and some shades!
Jun 13th 2019
THURSDAY
Jun 13th 2019
Every day, bruh. I want my time back so I can enjoy life.
Jun 13th 2019
RE: Every day, bruh. I want my time back so I can enjoy life.
Jun 13th 2019
idk man
Jun 14th 2019
      d/p
Jun 14th 2019
      https://youtu.be/76RWWl01JMc
Jun 14th 2019
      Driving SUCKS man. Even folks with $80k+ cars stay frowning
Jun 14th 2019

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 03:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "MONDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

sorry I'm late had that presentation I been stressing over this morning... was getting the last minute cram work done. went pretty well.. bit of tweaking to do but basically on the other side of that ask... and glad for it.

now looking forward to making it to end of day.. getting the monday chill on and watching this game. it's a helluva bandwagon to be on but as a canadian it's almost more of an obligation than a band wagon really.

weekend was good though I stressed bout work too much. yours?

what's you week and tonight looking like?

I'm gonna sleep well tonight.. don't like it when work has me rapt.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16404 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 03:41 PM

2. "glad that presentation went well"
In response to Reply # 1

warriors are making these finals a snooze. i feel they are done. if KD magically comes back at 100% tonight maybe they have a shot. im not mad at the raptors at all.

looks like both teams have a player from my old school too so local pride either way lol

my weekend was chill, probably too chill. i did take the car back to the shop friday after work since they werent answering the phone. dude told me to bring it back saturday and they would look at it. hes saying possible a speaker or the woofer is causing it. took it back and they just left it running for 45 mins. amp didnt go out so they just shrugged their shoulders.

going to look this up to make sure it isnt something outside the amp. i will probably end up replacing the amp.

boss is out this week, didnt know that lol

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13345 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 03:54 PM

3. "had a great walk today."
In response to Reply # 1

Weather was perfect, sun was out, not too hot, nice little breeze. Even saw a beautiful bird, kinda looked like a black heron. I'm bout to fuck it up with this chic-fil-a lol, but a nice start to the week for me.

Glad your presentation went well, I myself have a four day weekend coming up and I can't wait. I've been living in this area for about 3 and a half years and haven't done too much touristy stuff, so my goal this summer is to explore the city. I already got a Frank Lloyd Wright tour booked on Friday.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

mista k5
16404 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 03:56 PM

4. "jealous"
In response to Reply # 3

>I already got a Frank Lloyd Wright tour booked on Friday.

i dont know how i spent so much time in chicago and never did this. i guess thats an excuse to make sure i go back lol

shygurl
13345 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 04:11 PM

5. "don't be!"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm famous for paying for shit and not doing it, particularly cause it's too hot. I'mma try to be responsible and stick to the plan, but we'll see.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

mista k5
16404 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 04:31 PM

6. "oof dont do that"
In response to Reply # 5

you pay for it make sure you go!

ive been planning to do stuff lately then end up not doing it. i dont pay though. if im paying im going! lol

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 04:58 PM

7. "lightweight"
In response to Reply # 6

>i dont pay though. if im paying im going! lol

joking but -> you gotta pay then bail.. and at least you can feel good for supporting the artist with your money <- not joking entirely mind

mista k5
16404 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 05:03 PM

8. "i should have paid for murs"
In response to Reply # 7

maybe ill buy an album or two of his at least.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 05:14 PM

9. "buy some albums but I'm not serious about throwing money"
In response to Reply # 8

away on shows you don't go to... I'm just messing with you... lol I've used that excuse to rationalize not feel bad about bailing on things is all.

mista k5
16404 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 05:18 PM

11. "i was legit thinking of doing that though"
In response to Reply # 9

im sure they at least get told how many tickets were sold even if the heads arent there it does mean something. more so than an album sale but eh cant change the past.

the way i saw it was if i at least bought a ticket it would be some incentive for them to bring more shows of this type here. we definitely dont get many.

i was thinking of going that very day up to an hour before the show. not sure if i would had been able to buy a ticket then. i didnt check either and i guess i could had bought the ticket before if i was really serious about going lol

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 05:23 PM

12. "yeah definitely want to encourage acts to come through town"
In response to Reply # 11

I think about that when I see acts skip us... granted we're on the corner of the NA circuit so a lot just don't go that wide up north unless they can fill the huge venues...

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 05:16 PM

10. "thanks you two for that presentation sentiment."
In response to Reply # 1

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Mon Jun-10-19 05:58 PM

13. "It's getting harder and harder to leave Charlotte"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn I had an awesome time...

Annual Prince tribute was tons of fun. The after party ended with a statement.."now is the time in the evening (it was 5 am) where you have to make a choice...do I grab a corner, or do I grab my keys?" I grabbed my keys, lol. Had lunch with an old friend, did some light record shopping (finally picked up "Hail To The Thief") and helped my parents rearrange their new furniture.

The Kid is BEGGING for Tyler, the Creator tickets...shit. She will be 16 by then...and by that age I had already seen Prince and the 2 Live Crew in concert. I guess I'll get em..

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 12:28 PM

15. "shows and records"
In response to Reply # 13

doesn't get much better imo.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 12:26 PM

14. "TUESDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

well...yeah maybe trin is right.. does feel like a useless day right now.. at least I don't know what my real drivers are in this moment... lol ahhhhhhhhhhh ennui. k... back to focusing on this work.. it'll be over in 6.5.. ugh... I actually do have things I'd do but I won't want to do them anymore by then.

mista k5
16404 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 12:38 PM

16. "i need to find a new snack"
In response to Reply # 14

i think these almonds are upsetting my stomach. yay getting old lol

been in a weird mood lately. a lot of up and down.

shygurl
13345 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 01:41 PM

20. "cashews? walnuts?"
In response to Reply # 16

My current go-to snacks are expensive ass beefsticks from whole foods, but my favorite snack is this: https://i1.wp.com/naturesrancher.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/NR-FC-Bacon-web.png?w=1080 It's just two strips of bacon, but the bacon is soo good and tasty. I was buying them pretty much weekly but now the whole foods near me is not carrying them anymore. Amazon isn't selling them either, hence the default to the beefsticks.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

mista k5
16404 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 02:41 PM

23. "ive never been a fan of jerky or beefsticks"
In response to Reply # 20

not from having tested them. something about the thought of them always irked me lol

ive had some good jerky before though.

i might be overreacting on the almonds. might just be a coincidence and not be related with them. i figure any type of nut would give me the same reaction if it is because of the almonds.

i might look into some options for next week though. maybe those cheese and meat packs lol

shygurl
13345 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 03:24 PM

28. "Fruit is also a good option."
In response to Reply # 23

I'm just a weirdo that struggles to eat fruit so I didn't suggest it. I know this is crazy, but sardines are also a nice snack. I've been off them this year cause I ate the fuck outta of them last year, but sardines with a splash of balsamic is good.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

mista k5
16404 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 03:36 PM

31. "get out of here with sardines! lol"
In response to Reply # 28

just the thought repulses me. i dont like tuna and sardines are like tuna times 100.

fruit is a good call. that might be the move, thanks!

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 01:10 PM

17. "Coworker was eating plantain chips during an interview"

We're interviewing potential interns. Me and two other people on the team (including the coworker). Us three and the intern are in a conference room for the interview, no fan so it's dead-quiet in there. Coworker started eating them as soon as the interview started. Crunchy-ass plantain chips. Last interview, she whipped-out some brownie crunch bars or some shit halfway through and started crunching. Disrespectful-as-fuck to the interviewee.

She whistles and hums at her desk, and eats during meetings too (while no one else is eating). She's well overweight too. Just fitting a stereotype.

Anyways, these are the types of folks I'm around all day. Pisses me off.

shygurl
13345 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 01:35 PM

19. "did anybody say anything about her eating during an interview?"
In response to Reply # 17

How unprofessional.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

flipnile
13546 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 02:04 PM

21. "No, and I'm too shook to say anything"
In response to Reply # 19

I really don't know how to bring something up like this without it potentially being taken as offensive. Doesn't really bother me too much, but I was bothered for the interviewee, if that makes sense.

mista k5
16404 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 02:43 PM

24. "yeah that can go south quickly"
In response to Reply # 21

it would be one thing if yall threw the interview at her last minute and she didnt get to take lunch. if shes doing it regularly at meetings though? nope.

shygurl
13345 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 02:51 PM

26. "From an interviewee perspective it's absolutely a red flag"
In response to Reply # 21

I can't imagine wanting to work for a company that couldn't do something as simple as interview correctly.

These sort of situations are always awkward, maybe when you guys pregame for the next series of interviews, you can discuss expectations from interviewers? That way she's not getting called out, everybody is expected to follow the same rules.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

shygurl
13345 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 01:34 PM

18. "averaged 10k steps last week, 1st time since I started tracking."

My terrible eating and inconsistent sleep habits are killing any health efforts though. *sigh*

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

mista k5
16404 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 02:48 PM

25. "do you take walks?"
In response to Reply # 18

i think i have my target set at 7k but i dont really try anything to get there lol. sometimes i hit it sometimes i dont.

while i was up in the cubicles i seemed to be hitting more than my regular office. not sure how that works since my office is kind of far from the entrance and the bathrooms so im sure i walk more when im here. the cubicles were upstairs and i always took the stairs but that was just when i got to work, lunch and when i left.

i legit think what you eat makes the biggest impact. you do need to be active but last week i stopped with the take out and i keep losing weight. even though i havent been exercising as consistently as i want to. i know i read this was true but ive seen it now.

shygurl
13345 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 03:16 PM

27. "I do walk, but it's mainly my job"
In response to Reply # 25

My daily goal is 8k steps, but that's cause my days off drag the weekly average down by so much. Like I'll hit 10k, 11k easy on a work day, then like 3k on my days off lol.

In all honesty you're correct about the eating, and that's why it's such a bummer for me. I have been struggling mightily with my eating lately, and I'm not quite sure how to get back on track.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

mista k5
16404 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 03:34 PM

30. "oh i dont take into account weekends"
In response to Reply # 27

i would probably be at 4/5k avg if i did lol i dont put on my smartwatch when im home until im going somewhere. a lot of times ill get a notification as soon as i turn it on..."maybe you should adjust your target" lol so annoying

i do need to be more active on weekends.

i feel you on the eating. i couldnt stop myself then all of a sudden i just said not today! lol i think you just have to go for it. for me what helps is that im not real extreme with what i eat. i probably should not be putting cheese in the salad but uh if i didnt i wouldnt eat it. ill reduce/cut one thing then once im used to that i might look for something else.

soda is a rare thing for me, used to be an every day thing. now its bread thats rare too.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79331 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 02:17 PM

22. "Kids been gone 1.5 days and I miss them like crazy"
In response to Reply # 0

I mean... not enough to go get them but just saying.

Anyway. We are about to go put some air in these tires and get on these bikes.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

flipnile
13546 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 03:28 PM

29. "lol. Aren't they gonna be with the Grands for a few weeks?"
In response to Reply # 22

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79331 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 03:44 PM

32. "3 whole weeks. "
In response to Reply # 29

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Jun-11-19 05:22 PM

33. "'spose they'll still recognize you?"
In response to Reply # 32

kidding obv but that's a while first time round that long .... enjoy the break.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 03:01 PM

39. "I think I'd be going crazy if they were gone that long. "
In response to Reply # 22

Three weeks is a long time. I know yall will mostly enjoy it, but they are now such a HUGE part of my daily life and overall happiness that I would probably go nuts.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 11:46 AM

34. "WEDNESDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

not feeling well today... Wednesday be like:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/WDdDQCGWtMLvO/giphy.gif

mista k5
16404 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 01:14 PM

35. "hope you start feeling better"
In response to Reply # 34

im actually feeling good today. not sure i can explain why. i have some inklings on why though.

gave in to fast food last night. it was gooooooood lol i dont know if it works like that but i did gain a couple pounds. i also didnt work out the last two days so yeah. i am not feeling a salad at lunch today but it is the smart thing to do. hopefully i get back to working out tonight.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 01:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
36. "Last week, I mentioned needing $2600 for a new axle. Now, the damned..."

'Check Engine' light decides to come on this morning. WHAT A BLIP?!?!

If I didn't have a couple years left to pay it off, I'd be getting rid of it.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

shygurl
13345 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 02:54 PM

37. "awww that sucks."
In response to Reply # 36

A car will really drive you to drink.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 04:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
41. "Can’t afford to drink no mo! Car took it all. "
In response to Reply # 37

LOL

Bartender, lemme get a couple shots of air drops with sugar on the rim.

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 02:58 PM

38. "Everyone please keep me in your thoughts and prayers "

for the next six/seven days.

We leave for Disney tomorrow....

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 04:23 PM

40. "I’m thinking of and praying for you to turn the fugg up..."
In response to Reply # 38

It’s your year! Get it in while you can. Make the kids jealous of your turn up!

LMAO

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 09:23 PM

42. "Going to Disney with like 8 people "
In response to Reply # 40

and then constantly being around ALLLLL of the other people that will be there for five days is essentially an introvert's nightmare Haha.

It will be fun, though. The kids are going to have a blast and I'm sure I'll have a good time as well. But still.....

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Thu Jun-13-19 06:59 AM

43. "LOL... Headphones, Driftless Glen, and some shades!"
In response to Reply # 42
Thu Jun-13-19 06:59 AM by Creole

You'll make it through with flying colors.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Jun-13-19 12:57 PM

44. "THURSDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

lol

you ever feel like.. ok fine life's not all that bad but I'm not entirely certain about it's purpose or greater meaning either.

take cars for example. handy, fun, expensive pains in the but.. my reading time has taken a nosedive since I started driving to work. today Shimmy's brand new vehicle was broken into.. nothing taken nothing broken just every compartment open etc.. one of those keyless entry cars no apparent sign of forced entry so somebody just has a clicker of sorts huh? anyway cars good bad not exactly pointless but kinda pointless a part of life.. here for use at least... then there's horses but that's another thing altogether.. where am I going with this? well I guess that's the question or the point.. where am I going with this car or this horse?.. so life's not bad but I'm not entirely sure I know what's up either.

flipnile
13546 posts
Thu Jun-13-19 01:43 PM

45. "Every day, bruh. I want my time back so I can enjoy life."
In response to Reply # 44

I realized some time ago that consumerism doesn't and never will make me happy. My son and I laid out in the yard last night looking at all of the lightning bugs, totally at peace and happy in the dark.

I want more time to do that.

If I had "don't have to work anymore money" ($5-$10 million USD), I'd buy a farm and split my time between the house in the city and the farm. I want to set it up so that I wouldn't have to leave the farm for weeks if I don'r want to.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Jun-13-19 03:09 PM

46. "RE: Every day, bruh. I want my time back so I can enjoy life."
In response to Reply # 45

My son and I laid out in the yard last
>night looking at all of the lightning bugs, totally at peace
>and happy in the dark.
>
>I want more time to do that.

real nice one.

mista k5
16404 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 09:28 AM

47. "idk man"
In response to Reply # 44

id say the purpose of cars is to give you something to do while you blast some dope music.

flipnile
13546 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 10:43 AM

48. "d/p"
In response to Reply # 47
Fri Jun-14-19 10:48 AM by flipnile

--->

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 10:48 AM

50. "https://youtu.be/76RWWl01JMc"
In response to Reply # 48

https://youtu.be/76RWWl01JMc

flipnile
13546 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 10:47 AM

49. "Driving SUCKS man. Even folks with $80k+ cars stay frowning"
In response to Reply # 47

Rarely do I see the one older sister dancing and singing in her car, but other than that most people look miserable and angry. Always doing something OTHER than driving like:

- Looking at their phones
- Looking for shit under the seat
- Staring out the side windows
- Eating junk food

Driving also makes you dumber: https://www.thedrive.com/news/12848/driving-more-than-two-hours-a-day-makes-you-dumber-report-says

Cars are a huge money and time pit. I don't like catching the train (it's crowded), but I'd prefer that 100x to driving a car anywhere.

Even the loud music thing bothers me because its seems like for a lot of people it's more about making the most noise so that they get attention rather than having a well-tuned system so that they can enjoy music on their commute to work. So many people here in Philly parked-up with wackass top40 trap blasting staring at their phones annoying the shit out of everyone else.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13337582 Previous topic | Next topic