Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13336169

Subject: "Robert Pattinson is your new Batman" Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85075 posts
Fri May-31-19 10:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Robert Pattinson is your new Batman"

if this were a Batman Beyond flick i'd be all for it. as it is, im on the fence.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/robert-pattinson-batman-wins-role-warner-bros-1202624926/

Warner Bros has approved Robert Pattinson as the star of The Batman, the trilogy of films that Matt Reeves will direct later this year, Deadline hears.

Pattinson has been considered a frontrunner because the filmmaker liked him, but the studio was torn between him and Nicholas Hoult, and wanted both of the actors on tape because this is such a big decision on a cornerstone Warner Bros DC franchise. Those meetings happened yesterday, I’m told, and the decision was made. Hoult, who starred in Tolkien and is about to reprise in the latest X-Men: First Class film Dark Phoenix, was impressive, but Pattinson will be the guy and negotiations will get underway any moment.

The film is produced by Dylan Clark, who produced Reeves’ Planet of the Apes films. Expect an announcement imminently.

Pattinson is a strong choice. He certainly has been at the center of a zeitgest franchise before in Twilight Saga, and he has used the time after to show his chops as an actor in films like High Life, and is starring for Warner Bros in Christopher Nolan’s next film, and just debuted in the Robert Eggers-directed The Lighthouse at Cannes.

They’ve got to work out a deal that will clearly include options on at least two more films, but this is considered a formality in a drawn out process. Reeves’ film tracks Bruce Wayne in the formative stages of Batman, which is why they needed an actor in his early 30s.

This film will in no way carry on the work that Ben Affleck did as the older Batman in Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League.

Pattinson is repped by WME, 3 Arts and Curtis Brown.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
ill know if im feeling it when i see a trailer
May 31st 2019
That dude looks way too punchable to be Batman
May 31st 2019
Perfect then.
May 31st 2019
He killed it in Good Time
May 31st 2019
Matt Reeves is directing. So I'm good with this.
May 31st 2019

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri May-31-19 10:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "ill know if im feeling it when i see a trailer"
In response to Reply # 0

like i said in the lesson im one of those people that only know him for twilight (didnt even see the movies so more so memes?) so stupid to have a strong opinion on this at this point.

first instinct was ugh for sure but im giving this a chance.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Fri May-31-19 11:02 AM

2. "That dude looks way too punchable to be Batman"
In response to Reply # 0

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8100 posts
Fri May-31-19 11:51 AM

3. "Perfect then."
In response to Reply # 2
Fri May-31-19 11:51 AM by Monkey Genius

You're not supposed to think pampered, douchey playboy Bruce Wayne is anything close to Batman.

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri May-31-19 12:50 PM

4. "He killed it in Good Time"
In response to Reply # 0

Not gonna hold the Twilight movies against him, there were a ton of good actors in those movies that looked like dogshit in those.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Fri May-31-19 12:58 PM

5. "Matt Reeves is directing. So I'm good with this."
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #13336169 Previous topic | Next topic