Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13334853

Subject: "My brother in law wants to fight me. Ask me why." Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Fri May-24-19 10:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"My brother in law wants to fight me. Ask me why."
Fri May-24-19 10:33 PM by Cold Truth

Because....

....drum roll....

....because we're not coming out for the 4th of July....

...and gave a "maybe" on coming out that weekend.

Yeah.

So he told my wife I'll catch his fade when he sees me.

I'm still deciding on whether this is more extreme than uninviting me to Thanksgiving giving for telling him to give it a rest after two hours of blowing my phone up with laughter emojis over the cold start to Zo's rookie year.

It's not as hilarious as the time I first met him, also on Thanksgiving, and he told me the story of what he and his friends did to my wife's last boyfriend.

That story was a slightly modified version of the ending to Alpha Dog, a movie I at the time owned, which was itself based on actual events near us.

Yes, he even used the Palm Springs location.

Needless to say, none of that ever happened.

This should be fun. I should probably start jogging at least so I don't get winded.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
hit a crave maga or jujitsu class up real quick to
May 25th 2019
The correct spelling is: Jujutsu, not "Jujitsu"...
May 25th 2019
      Isn't jujutsu the style centered around hand arm finger locks
May 26th 2019
           No. Here is the correct answer.
May 26th 2019
           Wikipedia tells it way different.
May 27th 2019
           Thats because its Wikipedia. DUH! ! !
May 27th 2019
           Not much of that is accurate bro
May 28th 2019
           Also:
May 26th 2019
                that's true
May 28th 2019
He seems pretty stable
May 25th 2019
Where can I place bets.
May 26th 2019
So, if he steps to you, what are you going to do?
May 26th 2019
Handle it.
May 27th 2019
      have yall ever come close to fighting before?
May 27th 2019
           Nope, but that's because I was up on his steeze from jump
May 27th 2019
                dude talks like a crip lol.
May 27th 2019
                     Ain’t no one got time for that shit
May 27th 2019
                          yeah me and fam would have to reach some kinda understanding
May 27th 2019
                               I would suggest that CT be a peacemaker but, well. yaknow.
May 27th 2019
Not sure how this is worth your time.
May 26th 2019
It's not. It's just annoying and slightly hilarious
May 27th 2019
Lol i've known too many people like that
May 27th 2019
2 types. One can legit scrap and the other can take an azz whoopin
May 28th 2019
      In either case there's normally deeper issues involving pain (various ki...
May 28th 2019
           Definitely.
May 28th 2019
                I saw a fight at a cookout this weekend.
May 28th 2019
                     no time nor desire to be entertaining foolishness.
May 28th 2019
                          Right, HOT, Alcohol, Crazy Family members with issues. - GottaGO!
May 28th 2019
Someone wants to fight you??? I find that hard to believe!
May 29th 2019
Lmao. I’m sure the text beef was Grade A prime
May 30th 2019
lol
May 30th 2019
um...this reminded me of this:
May 30th 2019
good read. probably deserves its own post. thanks.
May 30th 2019
I see the Toxic Masculinity excuse is in full effect to avoid mental il...
May 30th 2019
That cousin in the story was crazy
May 30th 2019
      FACTS! Dude needed counseling and a camp
May 30th 2019
This hit home. Almost thought I was reading about someone I know
May 30th 2019
You never had to straighten him out when you and your wife were just dat...
May 30th 2019

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Sat May-25-19 10:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "hit a crave maga or jujitsu class up real quick to"
In response to Reply # 0

aint nothin like choking someone out quick to end it

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Sat May-25-19 12:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "The correct spelling is: Jujutsu, not "Jujitsu"..."
In response to Reply # 1

Otherwise, continue on....

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Sun May-26-19 11:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Isn't jujutsu the style centered around hand arm finger locks"
In response to Reply # 3
Sun May-26-19 11:52 AM by Atillah Moor

From mostly standing positions

Jujitsu is the ground combat wrestling approach e.g. ground rolls arm leg head locks etc

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Sun May-26-19 09:59 PM

8. "No. Here is the correct answer."
In response to Reply # 5

Jujutsu is the original Japanese style that Brazilians derived their style from(The Gracie Family in particular).

Brazilians(via the Gracie family) arrogantly changed the spelling from "Jujutsu" to "Jujitsu" to distinguish their style without having knowledge of what this meant linguistically. It all comes from Japan but Westerners recklessly adopted "JuJitsu" without even knowing the history.

To be surgically accurate, I shall break down the arts's conceptual application based on its name: "Ju" means to sieze, grapple, arrest, or hold. And "Jutsu" means "technique" or "science", literally. So, "Jujutsu" as a literal translation is: Grapple-technique. When the Brazilian Gracie Family learned "Jujutsu", (grapple-technique) from the Japanese, they changed the spelling arrogantly in a means to claim real-estate in the style. This is why the Japanese still beef with the Brazilians to this day. The Brazilians felt like they didn't have to pay homage for the techniques that they inherited from the Japanese.

So in a nutshell, everytime some westerner calls the style, "Jujitsu", you are blatantly disregarding the Japanese origins of the style.

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"

Hitokiri
Charter member
22099 posts
Mon May-27-19 10:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
19. "Wikipedia tells it way different."
In response to Reply # 8

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Mon May-27-19 10:55 PM

20. "Thats because its Wikipedia. DUH! ! !"
In response to Reply # 19

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42759 posts
Tue May-28-19 07:17 AM

22. "Not much of that is accurate bro"
In response to Reply # 8

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Sun May-26-19 10:08 PM

9. "Also:"
In response to Reply # 5

>Jujitsu is the ground combat wrestling approach e.g. ground
>rolls arm leg head locks etc
>
>

Unequivocally NO!

Ground techniques are also indigenous to the original Japanese style as well. You can view black-&-white youtube footage, right now, to verify this fact. Euro-Brazilians simply allowed their ego to get in the way and attempted to appropriate Japanese martial arts. No more, no less.

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42759 posts
Tue May-28-19 08:12 AM

23. "that's true"
In response to Reply # 9

ground techniques existed before japanese grappling was codified into the rule-set of judo during the Meiji Restoration and continue as newaza in judo, although de-emphasized in favor of standing techniques or tachi-waza.

with the current popularity brazilian jiujitsu is enjoying internationally, judo has allowed for longer periods spent on the ground during competition, and newaza has enjoyed more appreciation as a result

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat May-25-19 12:31 PM

2. "He seems pretty stable "
In response to Reply # 0

😐

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79545 posts
Sun May-26-19 10:31 AM

4. "Where can I place bets. "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Sun May-26-19 07:13 PM

6. "So, if he steps to you, what are you going to do?"
In response to Reply # 0

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Mon May-27-19 09:18 AM

10. "Handle it."
In response to Reply # 6

Depends on his approach, really.

I'll try to talk things down if it looks like he's just on some rah rah shit.

I have a feeling that if he actually does want to get physical, he's not going to be direct about it. It'll likely be one of those look away for two seconds and steal on me type attacks.

But he did all this after going off on my wife (his sister) for not shirking a list of responsibilities for the month.

And it was all done via text. He's very manipulative and lashes out whenever he doesn't get his way, so I can't tell how serious he was or wasn't. He called me right after this. I called back twice with no answer and he hasn't contacted either of us since.

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10135 posts
Mon May-27-19 11:21 AM

12. "have yall ever come close to fighting before?"
In response to Reply # 10

sounds like hes just a confrontational prick in general, at least to some degree.

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Mon May-27-19 12:05 PM

13. "Nope, but that's because I was up on his steeze from jump "
In response to Reply # 12

When he disinvited me from Thanksgiving, it was after a while long ass string of texts about lonzo ball, a month into his rookie year.

After like two hours I just said "ok give a rest already" and then he responded with OH ITS LIKE THAT CUZ IN THAT CASE DON'T COME FOR THANKSGIVING ON EVERYTHING CUZ I DONT PLAY O DONT WANT U IN MY HOME IF ITS LIKE THAT CUZ

I tried calling. No answer.

I hit him back like...LOL...really? That's a little extreme dont you think?

NAH CUZ AINT NOTHING EXTREME U JUST MAD LONZO IS TRASH CUZ DONT COME OUT HERE U AINT WELCOME IN MY HOME DOIN ALL THAT

So I.. lol...apologized. my bad.

Suddenly its family you my brother I'd never fight u even if I fight with u it's all love I just thought hooping was something we could talk about about and bond over, u still coming?

So it's all good, as long as you just put up with him. He got in his uncle's face like two months ago when his uncle told him he was done talking about something.

mikediggz
10135 posts
Mon May-27-19 12:19 PM

14. "dude talks like a crip lol."
In response to Reply # 13

sounds like an exhausting person to deal with, but i guess since hes your BIL hes not completely avoidable.

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Mon May-27-19 01:13 PM

16. "Ain’t no one got time for that shit"
In response to Reply # 14

I know a ton of people back home like this.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mikediggz
10135 posts
Mon May-27-19 04:35 PM

17. "yeah me and fam would have to reach some kinda understanding"
In response to Reply # 16

dude wanna invite me out back for the fade for every lil difference of opinion?

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Mon May-27-19 10:18 PM

18. "I would suggest that CT be a peacemaker but, well. yaknow."
In response to Reply # 17

So, it looks like he may have to knuck if his BIL is buck. I wonder if CT will try to talk him to death as a means to avoid a physical confrontation.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Sun May-26-19 07:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Not sure how this is worth your time."
In response to Reply # 0

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Mon May-27-19 09:30 AM

11. "It's not. It's just annoying and slightly hilarious "
In response to Reply # 7

I'm not driving out to call him on it.

Hell, he didn't even say it to me directly. But it does complicate things a little. I've got some similarly unstable relatives on my side, so I just don't rock with them.

She's not willing to tell him to kick rocks or draw clear boundaries with him though, and me addressing it will just makes things worse.

So I've just got it in the back of my head that I may wind up having to dust off the chunkems at some point.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Mon May-27-19 01:00 PM

15. "Lol i've known too many people like that"
In response to Reply # 0

it's always either weak overcompensators, or people who legit do always love getting in fights. occasionally a weird combo of both.

it's rarely been directed at me but people like that are exhausting to be around

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Tue May-28-19 06:52 AM

21. "2 types. One can legit scrap and the other can take an azz whoopin "
In response to Reply # 15

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue May-28-19 10:24 AM

24. "In either case there's normally deeper issues involving pain (various ki..."
In response to Reply # 21

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Tue May-28-19 11:36 AM

25. "Definitely. "
In response to Reply # 24

Alcohol also motivated these folks

Always crazy to go home and seen grown as men trying to fight over an argument about sports.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue May-28-19 11:44 AM

26. "I saw a fight at a cookout this weekend."
In response to Reply # 25

And it was the signal for the wife and me to jet! A Drunk daughter will deep issues fighting her niece, and the son pushed and then slammed the moms in the kitchen. I saw it all go down from the outside while sitting on the deck and looking through the bay window.

I got up, went inside to make sure the Mom was ok, the Grandma said it's under control, and at that point, I signaled to my wife - WE OUT!

mikediggz
10135 posts
Tue May-28-19 12:28 PM

27. "no time nor desire to be entertaining foolishness."
In response to Reply # 26

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue May-28-19 12:50 PM

28. "Right, HOT, Alcohol, Crazy Family members with issues. - GottaGO! "
In response to Reply # 27

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Wed May-29-19 08:59 AM

29. "Someone wants to fight you??? I find that hard to believe! "
In response to Reply # 0

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Thu May-30-19 09:43 AM

35. "Lmao. I’m sure the text beef was Grade A prime "
In response to Reply # 29

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu May-30-19 10:54 AM

38. "lol"
In response to Reply # 29

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35861 posts
Thu May-30-19 07:57 AM

30. "um...this reminded me of this:"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/08/magazine/cousin-kill-me-male-violence.html

be careful, son

d

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Thu May-30-19 09:07 AM

31. "good read. probably deserves its own post. thanks. "
In response to Reply # 30

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu May-30-19 09:25 AM

32. " I see the Toxic Masculinity excuse is in full effect to avoid mental il..."

matters. And I'm sure someone will make the leap to claim that the hot topic of the day, Toxic Masculinity is somehow a form of Mental Illness. And the wheel will go round-and-round for and against such claims.

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Thu May-30-19 09:42 AM

34. "That cousin in the story was crazy "
In response to Reply # 32

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu May-30-19 09:43 AM

36. "FACTS! Dude needed counseling and a camp"
In response to Reply # 34

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Thu May-30-19 09:41 AM

33. "This hit home. Almost thought I was reading about someone I know"

I had a cousin who showed up on campus and tried to chill after he was kicked out of the military. Had to tell him straight up he couldn’t stay and fuck up my shit. He wasn’t a fighter but he’s mentally unstable. Haven’t seen him since.

A friend of mine called me to ask if I had a baby with a bartender back home because my cousin swore it was true. An hour later my friend asked him if he was being honest about the bartender and he replied “who her? I don’t know her”

I know a lot of dudes back home who love to fight. It’s not even about winning, they hurt love fighting. It’s there only way of communicating.

Beezo
Charter member
27557 posts
Thu May-30-19 10:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
37. "You never had to straighten him out when you and your wife were just dat..."
In response to Reply # 0

I’m sure he tried you at some other point.
What does your wife have to say about her brother?

<---
Fuck a sig, my presence is enough.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13334853 Previous topic | Next topic