Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13334022

Subject: "NOT FRIDAY POAST XXXVI" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue May-21-19 12:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NOT FRIDAY POAST XXXVI"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
MONDAY
May 21st 2019
Bought a little practice amp from the thrift shop
May 21st 2019
      I got plans and ideas but I don't want to jinx em
May 21st 2019
TUESDAY
May 21st 2019
sloooooooow
May 21st 2019
Beautiful and sunny day...
May 21st 2019
Convention in Wilmington,NC
May 21st 2019
WEDNESDAY
May 22nd 2019
this week is kind of busy for hiphop shows here
May 22nd 2019
Tornado sirens sounded around 5:15 Wed and I was already watching
May 23rd 2019
      phew... nature gonna get us tho.
May 23rd 2019
      scary
May 24th 2019
THURSDAY
May 23rd 2019
Washing and drying clothing today. Nothing is worst than folding..
May 23rd 2019
      you aint ever lied
May 23rd 2019
      sure but really
May 23rd 2019
black hair
May 23rd 2019
Lemme find out she hit you with that Shea Moisture Daily Hydrattion...
May 24th 2019
      Some Hemp Herbal Extract stuff that she probably got from Sally's
May 24th 2019

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue May-21-19 12:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "MONDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

happened.... was a stat... was good.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13563 posts
Tue May-21-19 12:08 PM

3. "Bought a little practice amp from the thrift shop"
In response to Reply # 1

Nothing fancy, a little 15w SS 8". Had built-in overdrive, which is cool. I ultimately want a single 12" combo with a 5w-15w tube (tho I'll take a separate head & cab if I find a good deal).

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue May-21-19 12:11 PM

4. "I got plans and ideas but I don't want to jinx em"
In response to Reply # 3

let me come back to this.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue May-21-19 12:03 PM

2. "TUESDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

is happening... is busy. quite.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Tue May-21-19 12:32 PM

5. "sloooooooow"
In response to Reply # 2

struggling hard to look busy. ive been finding some things to do to be productive but to be honest their things that might not lead anywhere.

weekend was too chill. didnt go to any show lol

ive gotten one work out in. need to get to it tonight. the pounds are building up lol

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Tue May-21-19 02:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Beautiful and sunny day..."
In response to Reply # 2
Tue May-21-19 02:08 PM by Creole

Can't wait to get up outta here. Wanna sit outside and feel the breeze.

Language barriers are gonna be the death of us all. Today s not the day I feel like slowing my words down to get this mofo to understand the ones that coming outta my mouf. So, mess it up and then we get the shiznit kicked out of us.

This mofo arguing with me about capacity and LOE. If the SOW says 'X amount of LOE per contract year', why is the cat responding with the amount of capacity we have?

"...should provide an avg LOE target of XXXXX hours per contract year spread over the scheduled releases"

Capacity = available funds in the checking account
LOE = the amount you may spend or that you've budgeted to spend on something

You calculate your capacity before figuring/estimating out how much time (LOE) you want to allocate to each change request. Then aggregate the LOE estimates for the entire release to measure where you fall on that targeted yearly amount.

I'm flabbergasted and exasperated!

And yet again...

Can't wait to get up outta here. Wanna sit outside and feel the breeze.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79518 posts
Tue May-21-19 03:38 PM

7. "Convention in Wilmington,NC"
In response to Reply # 0

Gonna eat good these next few days on these company dollars

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed May-22-19 12:37 PM

8. "WEDNESDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

chop chop

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8076c4fbc8dc94d56d7d5aabdd924141/tumblr_nltdr9LZs21tvtrqdo1_400.gif

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed May-22-19 12:44 PM

9. "this week is kind of busy for hiphop shows here"
In response to Reply # 8
Wed May-22-19 12:58 PM by mista k5

not all exactly quality but kind of crazy. we had murs sunday, lil skies and pies or something other monday. cardi was supposed to be here yesterday. this weekend is a festival with tyga wiz khalifa and a few others.

im debating going sunday. i dont work monday but i dont know how i feel about going to a festival solo. might go with the premise of taking pics. would be cool to get back into photography. *edit* looks like only pocket cameras are allowed, although mine doesnt have removable lenses it is probably too big to be allowed.

i did get work in yesterday afternoon that tied me up for the remainder of the day and a couple hours this morning. back to chill.

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Thu May-23-19 06:15 PM

15. "Tornado sirens sounded around 5:15 Wed and I was already watching"
In response to Reply # 8

the news so I wasn't tripping. After about 15 minutes sirens were still going but I was cool with what I was hearing on the news so I switched to Netflix. The sirens went off. About 20 minutes later the siren start again and my internet slows. Netflix freezes and I am like "damn! Guess I gotta watch the news." Switched back to the news, go look out the back window and the clouds were waaay dark! Way dark! Sirens still going and I go outside to better see the clouds. Then I hear the iphone emergency weather alert sounding from in the house. I came back in the house and not a minute after, it started pouring! An on slot of water.

No big deal in the end, especially given what happen last night in Jeff City, but it caused me more concern than warnings usually do.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu May-23-19 06:22 PM

16. "phew... nature gonna get us tho."
In response to Reply # 15

glad you're safe.

mista k5
16412 posts
Fri May-24-19 09:24 AM

17. "scary"
In response to Reply # 15

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu May-23-19 11:41 AM

10. "THURSDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

how is it only Thursday? hmmm oh well.. seems like a slow week here but that just means it's prolly a busy one for everybody... back at it I guess.

* applies TF out of himself *

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu May-23-19 12:10 PM

11. "Washing and drying clothing today. Nothing is worst than folding.. "
In response to Reply # 10

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu May-23-19 12:18 PM

12. "you aint ever lied"
In response to Reply # 11

lol

although i dislike hanging shirts up too. i usually tell my self ill do it later. two days later theyre still sitting on the couch. sometimes a week later or more lol

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu May-23-19 04:55 PM

13. "sure but really"
In response to Reply # 11

in the land of household chores laundry is a bit of a cinch... not like anybody doesn't use machines anymore... I mean I remember it as a pain back when I had to use the laundromat and there is no doubt sure as heck miserable work back when folks used to do it by hand over boards n what not... folding is certainly the most labor intensive part of the chore these days but I can't call it the worst.. that's me anyway.

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Thu May-23-19 05:58 PM

14. "black hair"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu May-23-19 06:24 PM by SuiteLady

My white coworker told me in the restroom yesterday that she has some shampoo that she thinks is a little too much moisture for her hair but that she thinks would be good for mine. Today she plopped 33oz pump bottle of shampoo on my desk. I was like ... "thaaanks??"

It was mostly awkward because I have been reading "This Will be my Undoing: Living at the Intersection of Black, Female and Feminist in (White) America," and I just read the chapter yesterday about black hair.

Soo many questions: What made this white woman think this moisture shampoo would be good for my black hair? Wait - what's wrong with my hair? Does she not know we use different products from them? Do she got a background in cosmetology? I wonder if one of her black friends may have given her the idea that this shampoo is better for black hair? Is my hair dry? Wha - just what?

I don't think she meant any harm. It was just awkward for me.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-24-19 09:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
18. "Lemme find out she hit you with that Shea Moisture Daily Hydrattion..."
In response to Reply # 14

LOL...

Does seem kinda weird for that to have happened.

I recall an episode, from about a yer ago, where a white coworker asked a black coworker if she uses a "regular brush" for her hair.

I, in awe, stared at the back of my office door for a good five minutes letting that sink into my soul.

The black coworker didn't even check her.

REGULAR BRUSH?

http://gph.is/2ezvJZq

--- praying for peace, love, and power

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Fri May-24-19 06:40 PM

19. "Some Hemp Herbal Extract stuff that she probably got from Sally's "
In response to Reply # 18
Fri May-24-19 06:46 PM by SuiteLady

I have honestly never heard of it before, but that is probably because I use Creme of Nature and other black hair care products.

It just puzzles me that she gave it to me over all the other women on our floor. I am one of three black women, but there are about 50 women total on out floor. One woman who sit in the cubicle just outside this lady's office is Latina. I am just puzzled by her specifically saying that the thinks it will be good for my hair.

Full disclosure I am not sure that she didn't try to give it to someone else. There is a big red $14.99 sticker on the bottle. She should have just tossed it.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Lobby General Discussion topic #13334022 Previous topic | Next topic