Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13333251

Subject: "FRIDAY "For most people, Friday's just the day before the weekend."" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 11:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FRIDAY "For most people, Friday's just the day before the weekend.""

we here.

got one kid coming over.. shimmy's out of town starting tonight until probably sometime monday... annual gathering she started decades ago called wild womens weekend 50+ womenfolk get together on a ranch/cabins spot they rent for the May long weekend.. then they get up to all manner of good time.

not sure what all I'll get up to... gotta get through this day here and now first anyway.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
damn this kinda sounds fun
May 17th 2019
don't know... isn't wick 3 out? maybe that.
May 17th 2019
      its lit yall better go see that shit. better than the first 2 imo.
May 17th 2019
           lol noted. bet we will.
May 17th 2019
           i think i only saw part of the first one at the dentist lol
May 17th 2019
                they don't even print latepasses for the matrix anymore lmao.
May 17th 2019
                     i liked what i saw im just so slow to getting to movies i intend to
May 17th 2019
im old
May 17th 2019
lol the struggle is real
May 17th 2019
      if murs was tonight or tomorrow i would be there
May 17th 2019
           you putting money in their pocket so yeah.. but lol.. been there.
May 17th 2019
shimmy’s weekend sounds fly...
May 17th 2019
Finished Tuca & Bertie last week and enjoyed it
May 17th 2019
can’t watch anything withTiffany in it...
May 17th 2019
it does sound fly...
May 17th 2019
Sitting here listening to Nip's "Higher", off the new Khalid album, and....
May 17th 2019
Cartagena
May 17th 2019
      Yup!
May 17th 2019
Took off to attend a funeral. College friend.
May 17th 2019
condolences... and enjoy that afternoon plan.
May 17th 2019
      Thanks, man.
May 18th 2019
Gotta cut the grass. Trying to find some Charlotte on the cheap shit
May 17th 2019
lol you need trin's little helper to take that on for you
May 17th 2019
Don't you have a son that you feed, clothe, and shelter?
May 17th 2019
I got little girls. May have them wash the car this weekend
May 17th 2019
You on mowing duties forever, slim.
May 17th 2019
That's an A+ parenting scam
May 17th 2019
      LMBO... Chores are the only reasons to have kids!
May 17th 2019
man. highs in the 90s all weekend...
May 17th 2019
How big is your yard? Does it get sunlight?
May 18th 2019
sick day! Yay!
May 17th 2019
lol at the disclaimer
May 17th 2019
Suite!
May 18th 2019
Welp. AC acting up again.
May 18th 2019

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Fri May-17-19 11:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "damn this kinda sounds fun"
In response to Reply # 0

wild womens weekend 50+ womenfolk
>get together on a ranch/cabins spot they rent for the May long
>weekend.. then they get up to all manner of good time.

I started working on music with a friend. I think just me, sitting in front of a monitor pushing Ableton buttons, is kinda wack and it's probly why I don't like a lot of my stuff. we'll see.

What you and the kid gettin' into?

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:05 PM

3. "don't know... isn't wick 3 out? maybe that."
In response to Reply # 1

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85002 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:12 PM

13. "its lit yall better go see that shit. better than the first 2 imo."
In response to Reply # 3

<--- Big Baller World Order

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:15 PM

15. "lol noted. bet we will."
In response to Reply # 13

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16404 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:18 PM

16. "i think i only saw part of the first one at the dentist lol"
In response to Reply # 13

keep in mind i barely saw the matrix for the first time this year.

might check them out.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:35 PM

19. "they don't even print latepasses for the matrix anymore lmao."
In response to Reply # 16

imo Wick series has been K's most enjoyable work since Bill 'n Teds, Parenthood or River's Edge.. honestly the matrix is pretty decent but I never quite got entirely on board for it... Wick is just good fun well executed action.

mista k5
16404 posts
Fri May-17-19 03:36 PM

28. "i liked what i saw im just so slow to getting to movies i intend to"
In response to Reply # 19

never seen the lord of the rings. some day i will.

mista k5
16404 posts
Fri May-17-19 11:55 AM

2. "im old"
In response to Reply # 0

murs is sunday night. dont really feel like going. its $15 so money isnt an issue. waking up tired monday morning is not something i want to do. final episode of GOT is a must so i would go when its done...maybe get there at 9 or later so not bad, very doable. do i want to though???

there is this black magic flower power band that for some reason interests me. ive never heard their music, they are performing the same night. their show is down the street and i think free. i dont know why it interests me lol.

im planning to listen to both of their music tonight/tomorrow and see if i get pumped to see either.

hopefully i can get to some good cleaning. i need to also get back to the boxing workout. i havent done it in 2 weeks come tomorrow. thankfully i havent gained a pound since then (net, some days i did then i lost it lol) but i had dropped 10...maybe 12 since i had started and i still got a long way to go.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:07 PM

4. "lol the struggle is real"
In response to Reply # 2

especially that go to the show don't go to the show struggle... I have one next weekend, I need to cop the tickets still but I'm pretty sure I'm up for it.. on a satyrday after all so no real excuse not to.

mista k5
16404 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:16 PM

6. "if murs was tonight or tomorrow i would be there"
In response to Reply # 4

ive seen him before...i think. i really like his music...not the biggest fan but i do like his music. i like supporting good shows that come here but man lol

is buying a ticket and not going still supporting?? lol

i will probably go.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:43 PM

10. "you putting money in their pocket so yeah.. but lol.. been there."
In response to Reply # 6

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "shimmy’s weekend sounds fly..."
In response to Reply # 0

I have no plans. I’ve been running a lot lately so I’m just gonna enjoy some good food and good wine.

Oh! and Netflix

any recommendations?

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:40 PM

7. "Finished Tuca & Bertie last week and enjoyed it"
In response to Reply # 5

Not sure if you watched/enjoyed BoJack Horseman, but it's by one of the animators from that show (and OKP bignick, too) and stars Tiffany Haddish and Ali Wong. Took me a couple episodes to get into it, but once in I was completely hooked. Good mix of balls out craziness and serious emotion. Probably the best new show on Netflix I've seen in a while.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri May-17-19 02:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
26. "can’t watch anything withTiffany in it..."
In response to Reply # 7

I’ll check out the other on tho
Thank you

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:42 PM

9. "it does sound fly..."
In response to Reply # 5

no men allowed so all I can go on is the reports but yeah over the years it sounds like they've consistently had a great time and have built quite a community of crazy ladies.

as for netflix suggestions.. I am way behind on my netflix so don't have much... we were watching a show called somebody feed phil.. travel food show not as good as bourdain but hitting that spot a bit.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:42 PM

8. "Sitting here listening to Nip's "Higher", off the new Khalid album, and...."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri May-17-19 12:42 PM by Creole

thinking about how that brother is gone.

Otherwise, today started off great. I went to my nephew's pinning ceremony this morning. My guy is headed to his junior year in high school. Was proud to share that moment with him and his grandmother/my mother-in-law.

This evening, I'm pouring up and chillin on the back porch. Might smack the wife on the booty.

Still in the 'saving for the house-buying' mode. So, I'm keeping it low-key again this weekend.

My daughter comes tomorrow night. She and some of her classmates/sisters went to Colombia for a little vacation before they come home and get to working in the summer. My babygirl got that second gig she wanted. So, she can be a lil cakey when school starts back up. Anxious to hear about her trip and whether or not she recommends me hitting Cartagena up one day.

MOMMA, WE MADE IT!

Y'all be great this weekend!

--- praying for peace, love, and power

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 12:46 PM

11. "Cartagena "
In response to Reply # 8

I bet she does..

not that I know from experience but I hear columbia is beautiful.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:22 PM

17. "Yup!"
In response to Reply # 11
Fri May-17-19 01:24 PM by Creole

RE: Cartagena

I've not bothered her for anything but to check-in when she hasn't done so in time to keep her mom from going spastic.

Anxious to hear how it went and to see those pics.

Someone on OKP has had glowing reviews of Colombia as well (posted in the past). I'm probably gonna make it there one day.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:10 PM

12. "Took off to attend a funeral. College friend. "
In response to Reply # 0

Born with a bad liver. Was tough, but was also uplifting with so many people coming together.

On the other end, gotta head to my son's science fair this afternoon. Then to do some gardening with a few beers until the sun goes down.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:14 PM

14. "condolences... and enjoy that afternoon plan."
In response to Reply # 12

trapped in the office myself but I have a feeling I will survive and make it to the other side of that.

college friend eh? haven't yet faced too many of my contemporaries passing... shame to loose good folk at a relatively young age like that. peace.

flipnile
13546 posts
Sat May-18-19 06:49 AM

31. "Thanks, man."
In response to Reply # 14

In a reflective mood. The science fair was great, all the kids had presentations prepared so I went and saw everything. Learned a bit too.

I appreciate all of you here at OKP.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79349 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:24 PM

18. "Gotta cut the grass. Trying to find some Charlotte on the cheap shit"
In response to Reply # 0

for the kids.

Need to get outside and run them around.

Might try to find something a half hour away that’s a little different so we can “make some memories”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:39 PM

20. "lol you need trin's little helper to take that on for you"
In response to Reply # 18

the mowing....

I'm curious what you end up getting up to with the kids.. making memories is a tricky business it's always hard to know what they will really appreciate let alone what will stick with them... They'll forget stuff you though was epic then they'll end up remembering the darnedest stuff that you may not even recall.

but yeah run 'em ragged... nothing better than tuckered kids going heffer down cause they had it all worked out of them... nothing worse than kids that are all wound because they haven't.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-17-19 01:55 PM

21. "Don't you have a son that you feed, clothe, and shelter?"

Who cares if he ain't old enough to hold his own bottle or tie his own shoes or recite his ABCs backwards?

Put.
Him.
To.
Work.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/mowing-lawn-little-boy-37136996.jpg

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Fri May-17-19 02:01 PM

22. "I got little girls. May have them wash the car this weekend"
In response to Reply # 21

They had a ball helping wash the car last time.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-17-19 02:27 PM

24. "You on mowing duties forever, slim. "
In response to Reply # 22

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri May-17-19 02:17 PM

23. "That's an A+ parenting scam"
In response to Reply # 21

They really had my teenage self believe that mowing the lawn (with a push mower, but at least it had a motor) was a good time and that it was a good use of a summer afternoon. But when you've got boundless energy and not much else to do, it sorta is.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-17-19 02:29 PM

25. "LMBO... Chores are the only reasons to have kids!"
In response to Reply # 23

>RE: That's an A+ parenting scam

They gotta do something besides eat up all the food and drink up all the Kool-Aid.

Just kidding...

My little one is 20. She just looks at me when the dishes need to be done.

LOL

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri May-17-19 02:43 PM

27. "man. highs in the 90s all weekend..."

better find a pool lol
swimming wears kids out...

flipnile
13546 posts
Sat May-18-19 06:56 AM

32. "How big is your yard? Does it get sunlight?"

A little garden is an easy way to get them outside, active and having fun. It's dirty tho... gotta put some old clothes on them. Beans grow fast. They can have pods forming in a 4-6 weeks. Sunflowers and zinnias as big, easy-to-grow flowers as well.

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16191 posts
Fri May-17-19 03:40 PM

29. "sick day! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 0

not interested in dealing with those fools today!

disclaimer: I do appreciate being employed and would not trade it for unemployment.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

mista k5
16404 posts
Fri May-17-19 03:42 PM

30. "lol at the disclaimer"
In response to Reply # 29

flipnile
13546 posts
Sat May-18-19 06:57 AM

33. "Suite!"
In response to Reply # 29

lol

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Sat May-18-19 09:07 AM

34. "Welp. AC acting up again. "
In response to Reply # 0

Hopefully it’s the same issue as before since I can get the fan going with a stick but the compressor won’t kick on.

Amazon offered a prime trial tho so I ordered the part and it will arrive tomorrow.

Have to go old school. Open the house up at night and close the windows in the morning.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13333251 Previous topic | Next topic