Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13333137

Subject: "Seba Kaapstad - Thina (Mello Music Group)" Previous topic | Next topic
MeshaMeesh
Member since Jan 06th 2014
842 posts
Fri May-17-19 06:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Seba Kaapstad - Thina (Mello Music Group)"

http://sebakaapstad.bandcamp.com/album/thina

A new Mello Music Group release

“Seba Kaapstad is a multi-national neo-soul quartet comprised of a South African, a Swazi, and two Germans. They summon the most powerful manifestation of creativity: music that represents an idea. Their Mello Music debut album, Thina, takes its name from the Zulu word for “us.” It is a gorgeous halo of soul, encompassing several continents worth of sound, and obliterating the notion of genre. It is divined by artists whose lineage is riven with trauma and suffering. But like their ancestors, they endured. And only in this futuristic present could they reconcile the perseverance and turmoil of the past, using music to inspire unity and heal.

They conjure beatific grooves that radiate with alluvial soul, celestial jazz, electronic experimentation and the polyrhythmic essence of Africa. It is marrow music, what digs beneath your bones, seeping into your bloodstream and inner visions. You hear flashes of the greats: Badu, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Jill Scott, and the Things Fall Apart-era Roots. You might even hear the ethereal float of Frank Ocean or the glowing bliss of Flying Lotus and Thundercat. But like all stellar quartets, Seba Kaapstad is indivisible and made stronger by the sum of their parts.”

https://twitter.com/MeeshUniVerSoul

"She was on that tip about stoppin' the violence
About my people she was teachin' me..."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
This smoothasshit Meesha! Thanks...
May 17th 2019
ya welcome!!
May 17th 2019
RE: Seba Kaapstad - Thina (Mello Music Group)
May 17th 2019

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Fri May-17-19 08:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "This smoothasshit Meesha! Thanks..."
In response to Reply # 0

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

MeshaMeesh
Member since Jan 06th 2014
842 posts
Fri May-17-19 10:06 PM

3. "ya welcome!!"
In response to Reply # 1

https://twitter.com/MeeshUniVerSoul

"She was on that tip about stoppin' the violence
About my people she was teachin' me..."

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Fri May-17-19 08:53 AM

2. "RE: Seba Kaapstad - Thina (Mello Music Group)"
In response to Reply # 0

This sounds dope! Will make sure to check for this, after work.

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

Lobby General Discussion topic #13333137 Previous topic | Next topic