Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13333136

Subject: "14KT (as IAMABEENIE) - For My Sanity" Previous topic | Next topic
MeshaMeesh
Member since Jan 06th 2014
842 posts
Fri May-17-19 06:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"14KT (as IAMABEENIE) - For My Sanity"
Fri May-17-19 06:52 AM by MeshaMeesh

http://14kt.bandcamp.com/album/for-my-sanity

If you’re a fan of Mello Music Group, you probably have heard of 14KT. I’ve been on a jazzy neo-soul fusion vibe lately and this album meshes perfectly with what I’ve been craving to listen to.

ALSO - this album has a special treat for OutKast fans, especially if your favorite album of theirs is ATLiens

“Following up 'The Power of Same', the first single off 14KT's new project, featuring Muhsinah, and remixed by Kaidi Tatham, 'For My Sanity' is a "freedom project", an album rooted in free creation, without being tied down by bars, patterns, scenes, and sequences. The intention behind this long-player is clearly stated all throughout the 12 tracks: releasing the angst of the current climate we are facing through collective artistic means.

"I made all the music really late at night after my day-to-day work, as an escape from "what I normally do". Paired with the everyday struggles of being an artist, it was very stressful hearing about so many deaths––especially due to law enforcement. Making "For My Sanity" was how I was trying to find peace of mind every night so I could go to sleep." says 14KT.

The themes of the album sway gracefully from personal philosophies and creeds, to burning social matters and celebration of the importance of family and genuine, fruitful friendships. If we were to classify this in a genre, we would say For My Sanity is a jazz record, at its core, but elements of hip hop, soul, r'n'b and latin music are easily recognisable and at home on the album.

"I challenged myself to create a jazz album, primarily using Native Instruments Maschine. 85% of the album was created on there. The rest was my amazing friends and myself playing instruments." KT continues.”

https://twitter.com/MeeshUniVerSoul

"She was on that tip about stoppin' the violence
About my people she was teachin' me..."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Good Look
May 17th 2019
Good Look
May 17th 2019
^
May 17th 2019

AtoZ 0toInfinity
Member since Sep 27th 2008
867 posts
Fri May-17-19 10:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Good Look"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been meaning to get to this.
14KT has always been a personal favorite
and one of many reasons why Detroit Hip Hop is unfukwitable

AtoZ 0toInfinity
Member since Sep 27th 2008
867 posts
Fri May-17-19 10:14 AM

2. "Good Look"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been meaning to get to this.
14KT has always been a personal favorite
and one of many reasons why Detroit Hip Hop is unfukwitable

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Fri May-17-19 10:27 AM

3. "^"
In response to Reply # 0

so far so good. this shxt smooth af.

I remember bangin the shxt outta NowALaters. This will definitely get play on the home system

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Lobby General Discussion topic #13333136 Previous topic | Next topic