Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13327370

Subject: "They tried it with go-go. Now, they're coming for HU's campus..." Previous topic | Next topic
Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Apr-19-19 01:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"They tried it with go-go. Now, they're coming for HU's campus..."

Saw it with my own eyes a few weeks ago. Surprised it made the news but my daughter did say that many of the students (her friends prolly) are tired of seeing this on their campus.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/howard-university-students-say-new-neighbors-have-been-using-the-campus-like-it-s-a-dog-park

By Tisha Lewis, FOX 5 DC
Posted Apr 18 2019 04:57PM EDT

Video Posted Apr 18 2019 05:19PM EDT

Updated Apr 18 2019 05:46PM EDT

WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - Gentrification, disrespect and disregard is the cocktail some Howard University students say is fueling some area residents to flood their campus in Northwest D.C.

As first reported by DCist, students say neighbors are walking their dogs, hosting picnics and more at the historically black college and university — and now the story is heating up on social media.

The university has been silent so far about its official stance in regard to this situation, but students have plenty to say — accusing neighboring residents of using “The Yard,” which is the heartbeat of Howard's campus, as an outdoor gym or worse — dog park.

In fact, in recent weeks, some students say they have taken matters into their own hands and confronted area residents they deem to be disrespecting the campus.

Howard University is a private school, although, parts of its campus are intertwined with the District. Several neighborhoods surrounding Howard have undergone recent redevelopment, which has attracted new, wealthy residents — residents some students say have shown disregard for “The Yard’s” historical significance.

“‘The Yard’ is for the students and although everyone loves pets, I feel like it's disrespectful to have the pets just running around, especially when there are several parks around here,” said Malakhi Briggs, a sophomore at Howard. “If they come on ‘The Yard’ and they're just walking through, I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but I still feel like there are other ways to get around D.C. without having to cut through a college campus.”

Sean Grubbs-Robishaw lives in the Bloomingdale neighborhood and admits to cutting through “The Yard” with his dog to quickly get to the nearby McMillan Reservoir.

"So, they're in part of D.C. so they have to work within D.C. If they don't want to be within D.C. then they can move the campus. I think we just need to work together and I don't think it should be a he or there or here… It’s our community and that's how it should be,” said Grubbs-Robishaw.

On Thursday, FOX 5 visited “The Yard” and didn’t see any non-students on campus. In fact, the only dog walker we saw appeared to be a student.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Life was easier when people didn't pick up dog shit
Apr 19th 2019
gentrification is crazy over there
Apr 19th 2019
Walking dogs through college campuses is standard white upper middle
Apr 19th 2019
and way too many police over there now
Apr 19th 2019
High Thought: Move* Howard to Baltimore or Richmond
Apr 20th 2019
I used to love doing to DC
Apr 20th 2019
Aren't college campuses private property?
Apr 22nd 2019
I'm hiring private security to harass these dog walkers
Apr 23rd 2019
Aye go fuck yourself, Grubbs-Robishaw.
Apr 23rd 2019
7 Policies That Could Prevent Gentrification
Apr 23rd 2019
All good but you know like I know that DC is way past this...
Apr 23rd 2019
Policy #1 is rough because middle class black people don't...
Apr 23rd 2019
Middle class blacks don't buy homes
Apr 24th 2019
Because middle class black aspirations dictate you move to the burbs
Apr 24th 2019
It’s wild as shit and I can’t blame folks for moving out
Apr 24th 2019
      I don't know fam, the West End (Atlanta) begs to differ
Apr 25th 2019
           how did black folks do that?
Apr 25th 2019
           Google DonRay Von
Apr 25th 2019
                Black people in the West End already had money
Apr 25th 2019
                     Oh. That’s different.
Apr 25th 2019
           Thanks, I’m going to research this
Apr 25th 2019
Wild how folks say they don’t want the headache of owning
Apr 24th 2019
this tiny subset of black people just got their asses handed to them
Apr 24th 2019
I call bullshit on this excuse
Apr 24th 2019
tiny subset like i said
Apr 24th 2019
the writing is on the wall in Baltimore as well
Apr 24th 2019
      I have no problem with gentrification
Apr 24th 2019
           Ah ok
Apr 24th 2019
           *daps* for this
Apr 25th 2019
I don’t blame those who got caught out their during the crash
Apr 24th 2019
Black professionals in DC during that period didn't want
Apr 24th 2019
Man you be hard on our people. Hope that works out for you.
Apr 25th 2019
      True.. but I feel her on this one.
Apr 25th 2019
I hate urban dog owners of all races. If you don't have a fenced in yard...
Apr 24th 2019
They have fenced-in yards. They'd just rather the dog shit...
Apr 24th 2019
      I used a dog whistle app on my neighbors dog
Apr 24th 2019
      link?
Apr 24th 2019
           It’s an iPhone app
Apr 24th 2019
           Put a sign on your lawn saying "Grass treated by pesticides, danger to p...
Apr 25th 2019
      RE: They have fenced-in yards. They'd just rather the dog shit...
Apr 24th 2019
           probably foxy playground...lol
Apr 24th 2019
                ha.
Apr 25th 2019

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Apr-19-19 02:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Life was easier when people didn't pick up dog shit "
In response to Reply # 0

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10118 posts
Fri Apr-19-19 03:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "gentrification is crazy over there"
In response to Reply # 0

now my alma mater has been turned into a dog park

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Apr-19-19 03:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Walking dogs through college campuses is standard white upper middle"
In response to Reply # 0

class shit.

It got thrown in my face when I went to college in New England. I was amazed at all these white people who lived nearby walking their dogs through our school.

This is white people kust doing what they do. However, Howard should put up signs stating that they don't want dog walkers on campus.

Crash Bandacoot
10118 posts
Fri Apr-19-19 10:09 PM

4. "and way too many police over there now"
In response to Reply # 0

how do you live in a police state? that sh*t isn't cute, it takes the joy out of
everything.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Sat Apr-20-19 09:46 AM

5. "High Thought: Move* Howard to Baltimore or Richmond"
In response to Reply # 0

*Not the whole school, obviously. And not all at once. Would be dope if they had the cash to open a campus in one of those cities and start buying up land while it's relatively cheap.

Howard 2.0, basically. Learn from the mistakes of the past and prepare for the eventual gentrification with another urban location for the school.

Musa
Member since Mar 08th 2006
15789 posts
Sat Apr-20-19 09:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I used to love doing to DC"
In response to Reply # 0

Now they can have that shit.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)
http://aquil.bandcamp.com

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Mon Apr-22-19 06:12 PM

7. "Aren't college campuses private property?"
In response to Reply # 0

I would hire a bunch of dog walkers to walk and have the dogs shit all over their yards and doorstep.

----------

IG @h_n_z

flipnile
13565 posts
Tue Apr-23-19 03:13 PM

11. "I'm hiring private security to harass these dog walkers"
In response to Reply # 7

Calling the cops on them, getting their cars towed if it's even 1/16th over the line, assuming the dog walkers are there to steal or rob students, etc.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Tue Apr-23-19 07:47 AM

8. "Aye go fuck yourself, Grubbs-Robishaw. "
In response to Reply # 0

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Tue Apr-23-19 02:05 PM

9. "7 Policies That Could Prevent Gentrification"
In response to Reply # 0

https://shelterforce.org/2014/05/23/7_policies_that_could_prevent_gentrification/
To date, no one in Boston has advanced a comprehensive strategy to combat gentrification in at-risk neighborhoods such as Roxbury.

“Gentrification” can mean different things for different people, including new local investment, an increase in average incomes, rising home prices or rents, a different occupational mix, higher educational level, and/or a new race/ethnicity mix. I use gentrification to refer to revitalization and reinvestment causing a relatively sharp increase in rents and home values in low- and moderate-income urban neighborhoods resulting in actual or imminent displacement of residents.

To the extent that existing residents can reap the benefits of rising home values, educational levels and incomes; new small business and job opportunities; and improved credit scores and lower loan delinquency rates—that’s not gentrification, it’s just good community development.

It is important to agree upon a key indicator that measures when a neighborhood is at risk to the forces of gentrification and can serve as a “trigger” for investment of resources designed to prevent or mitigate displacement. I like economist Daniel Hartley’s key indicator: a neighborhood is gentrifying if it is located in the central city of a metropolitan area and it goes from being in the bottom half of the distribution of home prices in the metropolitan area to the top half. By that standard, since 1999, a quarter of Boston’s residents have experienced gentrification of their neighborhood, making ours the fastest gentrifying city in the U.S.

Roxbury is poised to suffer the effects of gentrification. Housing prices are rising significantly. The 2010 census shows that, after decades of flat population and housing growth, since 2000 Roxbury added 2,200 new housing units and 6,970 new residents, including 4,400 more white residents. A post-gentrification Roxbury could lose almost 10,000 African-American and Latino households, and gain around 8,100 white households. Roxbury would be a majority white neighborhood.

The following are seven policy initiatives drawn from recent studies and articles that could be part of a community stabilization agenda using smart growth and equitable investments in order to prevent or mitigate gentrification in Roxbury and other at-risk neighborhoods in Boston.

Policy 1: Aggressively build middle-income housing. Thousands of middle-income households today cannot afford to rent or buy in Roxbury. New construction home prices are at $550,000, requiring an income of $150,000 to buy. The city is selling its stock of small vacant lots to developers to build middle-income housing, but that’s not nearly enough to prevent displacement. We need a much more aggressive middle-income housing production program including investment of city subsidies. The city should resist calls to devote all of the city’s housing resources in low-income housing production.

Policy 2: Reduce or freeze property taxes to protect long-time residents. Major cities are considering tax programs to help retain long-time homeowners in at-risk neighborhoods. In Boston, the city council recently passed a bill allowing homeowners whose taxes have grown by 10 percent or more to defer property tax payments until they sell. Approval of the state legislature is required.

Policy 3: Protect senior homeowners. In Boston, a major concern is that low- and moderate-income seniors are choosing to sell because they cannot afford rising property taxes in gentrifying neighborhoods and cannot afford the upkeep on their homes. The city should dramatically increase funding for existing senior home repair programs, and these programs should prioritize gentrifying neighborhoods. The existing property tax deferral available for Boston seniors with incomes under $55,000 should be vigorously marketed in gentrifying neighborhoods. Seniors owning and living in 2- and 3-family homes in at-risk areas should be rewarded for keeping rents affordable.

Policy 4: Prohibit large-scale luxury development in at-risk neighborhoods. The single biggest cause of displacement is large-scale, high-cost housing development. Boston should accordingly promote small- and medium-scale, mixed-income development in at-risk neighborhoods like Roxbury, and forbid market-rate, large-scale development.

Policy 5: Create a stabilization voucher. Some community development advocates propose that the federal government create a new type of housing voucher, to be awarded to long-time residents of low-income communities to help them stay when gentrification poses a risk. I call this a stabilization voucher, because it retains low-income residents to help stabilize communities by avoiding displacement.

Policy 6: Change the fair housing rules. In order to provide federal resources disproportionately in at-risk majority-minority neighborhoods, such as the stabilization voucher described above, the fair housing rules need to be re-written. Traditional fair housing rules can discourage equitable investment in at-risk neighborhoods, based on policies opposing concentrations of poverty and favoring relocation to suburban “opportunity communities.” Fair housing instead should affirmatively promote equitable investment in emerging urban opportunity communities—the neighborhoods of color at-risk of gentrification.

Policy 7: Production! According to the Metro Area Planning Council, we have to build 14,000 units a year in order to meet the demand for housing in metro Boston. However, actual annual production has ranged from 4,000 to 9,000 units. In the long term, the only way to meet demand and stop gentrification is to make it much easier to build more housing in Boston and the region. Even new luxury housing will help meet this goal, but these developments should be confined to Boston’s high-cost ghettos—Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Fenway, the Seaport and downtown (after carving out a buffer zone protecting Chinatown).

Finally, apart from the policy discussion, the gentrification conversation has to be framed around the underlying issues of power and race that created inequitable development here and make gentrification possible. Roxbury has to own a vision and strategy for community stabilization that changes the balance of power and transfers equity to tenants, homeowners and businesses.

This post is an excerpt from Seven Policies That Could Prevent Roxbury’s Gentrification from Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation.

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Tue Apr-23-19 02:50 PM

10. "All good but you know like I know that DC is way past this..."
In response to Reply # 9

As is ATL, NYC, and other large cities around the country.

Bawdamore next, shor! Taking longer than some would have thought but it's about to go down.

On HU it's all good until they (students and alumni) can't secure the Mickey D's parking lot during homecoming as tradition holds.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

flipnile
13565 posts
Tue Apr-23-19 03:21 PM

12. "Policy #1 is rough because middle class black people don't..."
In response to Reply # 9

...buy houses in gentrifying or soon-to-gentrify areas, in-general.

It's too late for DC, NYC and SF, and it seems like the same mistakes are being made RIGHT NOW is cities like Baltimore, Detroit, Richmond, Philly, etc.

White folks with money are not waiting for neighborhoods to become 'cool' or for crime to completely disappear. They are ahead of the game in this aspect, and the biggest issue seems to be the mindset of middle-class black people. Not sure about other non-white peple and their perspectives on this.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 12:37 AM

13. "Middle class blacks don't buy homes "
In response to Reply # 0

I have many friends who earn between $50k-120k and when I purchased my home in DC, they scoffed at me.

Why would you buy there?
Why are you in such a rush to own a home?
What if you move?

Now, 12 years later, those same middle income blacks are begging to pay white people for a place to live. I didn't make much money when I purchased my home. I made LOTS of mistakes.

But I and a few others in DC, hunkered down and saved our pennies, participated in EVERY homebuying program so that we could have a place to live.

I really don't understand why black middle income folks won't jump into owning something, no matter how small. There is no reason for Howard University to be surrounded by white folks. Black students had AMPLE opportunity to own in that area.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

Overqualified
Member since May 03rd 2006
4543 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 01:41 AM

14. "Because middle class black aspirations dictate you move to the burbs"
In response to Reply # 13

There's PLENTY of well-educated, good income earners in the DC area who could have bought there and strengthened neighborhoods, but they all moved to Upper Marlboro, Bowie, Columbia, or (eghk) Waldorf as soon as they got out of school or came back. But these are the people that will cry about how "they" took DC. They just didn't want to live next to niggas when DC wasn't so hot or wanted to be closer to the Jack and Jill set, or wanted a nicer yard. Black folk are very aspirational in that way. By the time the patronage was cleaned up and DC was open for business again and they wanted to move back, they were priced out. It happens in any city with a strong Black middle class. I see it happening in Atlanta (where I did the same damn thing leaving Baltimore) right now.

Streets won't let me chill.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 08:43 AM

17. "It’s wild as shit and I can’t blame folks for moving out"
In response to Reply # 14

if you are from the hood or just want to be in a quiet space with a larger lot who am I to say you are wrong for leaving?

The problem with all of this is the only way gentrification really works is if THEY move in.

We can sit and hold but until THEY move in the value is going to remain lower than most.

It’s fucked up.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Overqualified
Member since May 03rd 2006
4543 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 12:48 AM

32. "I don't know fam, the West End (Atlanta) begs to differ"
In response to Reply # 17

>The problem with all of this is the only way gentrification
>really works is if THEY move in.
>
>We can sit and hold but until THEY move in the value is going
>to remain lower than most.
>
>It’s fucked up.

Black folk have largely been the catalyst for turning that neighborhood around. It can be done if there's critical mass

Streets won't let me chill.

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 10:14 AM

33. "how did black folks do that?"
In response to Reply # 32

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 11:18 AM

39. "Google DonRay Von"
In response to Reply # 33

I stand corrected

If we can get more folks like him to invest in urban areas we can have more “control” over affordable housing.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 11:33 AM

40. "Black people in the West End already had money"
In response to Reply # 39

the rest of the city, especially old fourth ward, is basically lost to gentrification that has pushed black people into dekalb, clayton county and gwinnett

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 11:54 AM

41. "Oh. That’s different. "
In response to Reply # 40

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 11:08 AM

38. "Thanks, I’m going to research this"
In response to Reply # 32

If it’s true it could be a valuable case study

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 08:40 AM

16. "Wild how folks say they don’t want the headache of owning"

but will take on the headache of inflated rents, luxury cars and the cost to maintain them, student loans, etc...

The turn right around and scream about gentrification tactics and how the system is unfair.

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 08:58 AM

20. "this tiny subset of black people just got their asses handed to them"

in the great recession and now you're blaming them for not stopping gentrification? niggas truly can't catch a break.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 02:54 PM

21. "I call bullshit on this excuse"
In response to Reply # 20
Wed Apr-24-19 02:55 PM by Mori

The market crashed in 2008. DC home prices hit rock bottom. If you had at least $5-$10k, a 700 credit score and job for 6 months, you could have purchased at least a 2 bedroom in DC for $220-$250k.

I personally know Howard grads who preferred to go to the Caribbean than purchase a home. Now almost 11 years later, they are on social media complaining that DC priced them out.

Now, I agree that home ownership should not dictate who has access to the city. However, the bad loan era was from 1998-2008. Folks still had time to figure their finances out and own a piece of DC.

The writing was on the wall.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 03:08 PM

22. "tiny subset like i said"
In response to Reply # 21

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 03:10 PM

23. "the writing is on the wall in Baltimore as well"
In response to Reply # 21

have you decided to buy up blocks of homes to stop gentrification?

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 04:20 PM

26. "I have no problem with gentrification"
In response to Reply # 23

I think it is a good balance of resources, prevention of blight and reducing the carbon footprint by allowing more walkable and healthier urban areas. I can now drive, bus or bike to two grocery stores with healthy food. I have access to clean parks and police presence has increased in my neighborhood so I can walk my kid to school safely.

I personally have done my part as a black home owner, who still lives in my home, pays taxes, sends my kid to a local school and I am civically engaged.

If I rent, I will even rent to people with vouchers, which most landlords won't do.

I feel no guilt for my role in preserving black DC.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 05:03 PM

27. "Ah ok"
In response to Reply # 26

Do you see no problem with the massive disinvestment in already poor communities in Baltimore?

flipnile
13565 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 10:41 AM

35. "*daps* for this"
In response to Reply # 26

>I feel no guilt for my role in preserving black DC.

The only way to solve this problem is for black folks to get skin in the game and actually INVEST in the communities they claim to care about.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 03:19 PM

24. "I don’t blame those who got caught out their during the crash"
In response to Reply # 20

but everyone else?

Luckily I didn’t buy before the bubble but after? Sheeeit. That’s the perfect time.

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 07:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "Black professionals in DC during that period didn't want"

80 - 100 year old row houses around Howard. If they were going to buy in the city, it would be up in Brookland - bigger, standalone homes with a more suburbany feel. Plus, those types were leery of sending their kids to DC public schools. And alot of the area around Howard was still Hood until about 12 - 15 years ago.

The white people moving in often don't even plan on having kids, or they feel like they have the means to up and move anywhere once their children get to school age. Black professionals often feel like we have limited places we can just suddenly go to if we'd like. That all combines to make PG County very desirable. in the medium run.

I don't judge Black professionals who chose Upper Marlboro or Bowie over Shaw. They were doing whet they thought was best at the time.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 10:32 AM

34. "Man you be hard on our people. Hope that works out for you. "

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 11:05 AM

37. "True.. but I feel her on this one. "
In response to Reply # 34

It’s still a tricky subject because the only way to win is for white people to buy shit up while you hold onto your property.

Folks also can’t be in the burbs complaining about gentrification in hoods.

Reminds me of back home when we lost our Black VFW due to mismanagement and unpaid taxes. Everyone was on FB dogging local folks out and their response was .. “but you moved away”

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 08:33 AM

15. "I hate urban dog owners of all races. If you don't have a fenced in yard..."
In response to Reply # 0

you don't need a dog.

flipnile
13565 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 08:45 AM

18. "They have fenced-in yards. They'd just rather the dog shit..."
In response to Reply # 15

...on OTHER people's property.

In my neighborhood almost every house has a good-sized yard. The neighbors across the street stay walking their German Shepherd around the neighborhood to take shits tho.

Seems like most dog owners are entitled assholes.

Now that it's warm, I gotta deal with barking dogs at 1AM and 5AM. If it continues, I'm gonna figure out how to make an electronic dog whistle and just leave that shit on all the time whenever I'm not home. Dead-serious.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 08:54 AM

19. "I used a dog whistle app on my neighbors dog"
In response to Reply # 18

They got rid of his ass.

It worked while he was there tho.

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 05:59 PM

28. "link?"
In response to Reply # 19

im def using this lol

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 07:25 PM

30. "It’s an iPhone app"
In response to Reply # 28

Dog Whistle to Train Your Dog by Wei Wei

That’s the one one I used ^^^^

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13189 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 10:44 AM

36. "Put a sign on your lawn saying "Grass treated by pesticides, danger to p..."
In response to Reply # 28

Makes the dog owner think you are just looking out for their dog's safety when really you are just trying to scare them off of your lawn.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 03:30 PM

25. "RE: They have fenced-in yards. They'd just rather the dog shit..."
In response to Reply # 18

>...on OTHER people's property.
>
>In my neighborhood almost every house has a good-sized yard.
>The neighbors across the street stay walking their German
>Shepherd around the neighborhood to take shits tho.
>
>Seems like most dog owners are entitled assholes.
>
>Now that it's warm, I gotta deal with barking dogs at 1AM and
>5AM. If it continues, I'm gonna figure out how to make an
>electronic dog whistle and just leave that shit on all the
>time whenever I'm not home. Dead-serious.

its crazy because when I was in the DC/VA area 20+ years ago that area was mostly hood we used to go a strip club up there on Georgia Ave I can't remember the name lol

Crash Bandacoot
10118 posts
Wed Apr-24-19 06:21 PM

29. "probably foxy playground...lol"
In response to Reply # 25

>

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 12:01 PM

42. "ha."
In response to Reply # 29

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13327370 Previous topic | Next topic