Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13325525

Subject: "Waffle House Murder (#FloridaMan 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️)..." Previous topic | Next topic
CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Wed Apr-10-19 09:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Waffle House Murder (#FloridaMan 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️)..."
Wed Apr-10-19 09:43 AM by CyrenYoung

https://thegrio.com/2019/04/10/waffle-house-murder-gainesville-good-samaritan/

By Kia Morgan-Smith -April 10, 2019
Waffle House
A Waffle House in Gainsville, Fla., was the site of a shooting of a man who was handing out $20 bills to customers (WOFL)

A generous do-gooder who handed out $20 bills to customers eating at a Florida Waffle House was shot and killed by a man whose girlfriend argued with him because she didn’t get any money from him.

On Sunday, Ezekiel Hicks, 25, was arrested by police in Gainesville and charged with murder for the killing of 41-year-old Craig Brewer, ABC News reports.

According to the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office, the whole ordeal was caught on surveillance cameras and appears to show Hicks arguing with the Good Samaritan. Witnesses said Brewer argued with the unidentified woman because she didn’t get any of the cash Brewer was passing out. Hicks intervened in the argument and the two men began to brawl.

The suspect then left the Waffle House and returned with a loaded 9mm Glock pistol. The altercation “lasted only a few seconds” police said, resulting in Hicks shooting Brewer in the head, killing him at the scene.

WARNING: Video contains disturbing images

Officials were already headed to the restaurant after receiving a call that the Waffle House was at maximum capacity, Lt. Brett Rhodenizer, an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office spokesman said. But they didn’t arrive before the fatal incident.

“They feel like they were so close and just far enough away to where they couldn’t change the outcome,” Rhodenizer told ABC News on Monday. “This incident went from a verbal altercation to a homicide in minutes, if not seconds.”

“The speed at which it happened and how quickly it went so bad — for both the victim and the suspect — is really kind of the thing that resonates the most with a lot of the folks that have been a part of the investigation,” he added.

Hicks was still at the Waffle House and arrested on the scene. He confessed to the shooting, according to the sheriff’s office. Police are investigating the motive and whether the victim knew the suspect.

“The why of this case will persist for days and weeks as we conduct follow-up interviews, but the how is incredibly straightforward,” Rhodenizer said. “Out of all the investigations that I’ve seen, very seldom do you have an incident from start to finish on video that ends in a murder.

“It was literally in the single digits worth of minutes from the time we received the initial call from the Waffle House, saying, ‘Hey, there’s too many people here, we’d like a hand clearing the restaurant,’ to deputies are on the scene, told about a shooting, and we have a suspect in custody and a firearm recovered.”

According to ABC News, Hicks is being held without bail He has been charged with first degree murder and carrying an unlicensed firearm.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
how?
Apr 11th 2019
That's Damn Shame, Killing Someone Over $20 That Wasn't Yours
Apr 11th 2019
$20
Apr 11th 2019
^
Apr 11th 2019
Fucking miserable ass couple.
Apr 11th 2019
Should be no need for a trial
Apr 11th 2019
Waffle House in general are pretty damned sketchy
Apr 11th 2019
maybe they should just burn florida and start all over again
Apr 11th 2019
Everything about that story
Apr 11th 2019
I blame the Florida water
Apr 11th 2019
Blame the open public records down here.
Apr 12th 2019
      Don’t blame the wild murders and crimes?
Apr 12th 2019
An alleged family member of the shooter calls into the Breakfast Club
Apr 12th 2019

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 10:08 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "how?"
In response to Reply # 0

smh

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 12:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "That's Damn Shame, Killing Someone Over $20 That Wasn't Yours"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Apr-11-19 12:56 PM by Dj Joey Joe

This is a sick sad world we live in these days.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 01:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "$20"
In response to Reply # 0

and most likely drunk folks
and a stupid girlfriend that needs to be arrested right along with the shooter

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 01:26 PM

4. "^"
In response to Reply # 3

I backspaced about 3 paragraphs.

lemme find out this nxgga got social media with 'RIP NIP' on it. I will put money on somebody commissary to get him handled. (I'm lying, but I am VERY disappointed)

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79349 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 01:33 PM

5. "Fucking miserable ass couple. "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 01:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Should be no need for a trial"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Apr-11-19 01:37 PM by Paps_Smear

Just throw this dude up under the jail and be done with it.

You going to Waffle House anyway, which means you planned on paying for your meal. So what your girl didn't get $20 from the good Samaritan handing them out?

May have been alcohol involved and a girlfriend trying to gas dude up into doing something. That don't matter tho, what matters is a dude is dead over something so stupid and someone thought the only way to solve their issue was to go back to the car, get a gun, and shoot him in the head.

Niggas out here far too fragile

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40918 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 01:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Waffle House in general are pretty damned sketchy"
In response to Reply # 0

So if you're in a Waffle House IN Florida there's a chance EVERYBODY might get murked

R.I.P. To that Man, them two need some hard time

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41487 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 02:00 PM

8. "maybe they should just burn florida and start all over again"
In response to Reply # 0

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35854 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 04:14 PM

9. "Everything about that story"
In response to Reply # 0

is a microcosm of what America is.

fuck, man.

i don't want to live the rest of my life in this fucked up ass country.

d

Musa
Member since Mar 08th 2006
15789 posts
Thu Apr-11-19 09:00 PM

10. "I blame the Florida water"
In response to Reply # 0

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)
http://aquil.bandcamp.com

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Fri Apr-12-19 05:36 AM

11. "Blame the open public records down here. "
In response to Reply # 10

Wild shit happens in every state, ours make the news because of our open public records. You think your professor has it in for you? Request all his/her work emails and find out.

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79349 posts
Fri Apr-12-19 11:44 AM

13. "Don’t blame the wild murders and crimes? "
In response to Reply # 11

I’m sure wild shit happens in other states but wild shit usually makes the news right?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40918 posts
Fri Apr-12-19 06:45 AM

12. "An alleged family member of the shooter calls into the Breakfast Club"
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/12RGHyJR6qw

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13325525 Previous topic | Next topic