Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13324663

Subject: "Is it weird that achievement is not at all a part of the presidential ra..." Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49379 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 10:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is it weird that achievement is not at all a part of the presidential ra..."

At least with regards to political achievement.

Who was the last presidential candidate who ran on, as a governor/mayor/congressperson, I did X and I can do that for the country?

And before you say Mitt Romney remember he ran AGAINST his record (at least as it comes to RomneyCare).

I don't know. I think the whole way we approach politics in this country is generally wrong. All we focus on is whether we like the person or whether they share in our beliefs and values.

Seems like another way to go about it would be seeing what a candidate is offering and making a judgment on whether they will deliver or not.

I got to say, as of today if I had to vote, I think I would vote Elizabeth Warren as far as policies and thinking she can get those policies done. My biggest fear with her is that I think she does not match up well against Trump. I could see those debates being painful.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Toxic Masculinity killed achievement as a goal for candidates
Apr 05th 2019
Lol
Apr 05th 2019
popularity contest
Apr 05th 2019
as a governor of Ohio, I did X and I can do that for the country
Apr 05th 2019
idk but i think pete might even be able to win an argument on OKP
Apr 05th 2019
the GOP is anti-government
Apr 05th 2019
The politics match the population, and it only will get worse from here
Apr 05th 2019
Experience has become viewed as a negative
Apr 05th 2019
Indeed. Shit is scary.
Apr 07th 2019
I like Elizabeth too trump would be mean as fuck to her
Apr 06th 2019
I imagine the class clown/bully clowning the Substitute Match teacher
Apr 07th 2019
Holy shit remember how stupid that was !
Apr 08th 2019
I seriously wonder if the Obama election was a set up
Apr 08th 2019

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 10:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Toxic Masculinity killed achievement as a goal for candidates "
In response to Reply # 0

thanks Obama

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 12:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Lol"
In response to Reply # 1

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 11:53 AM

2. "popularity contest"
In response to Reply # 0

I read somewhere that 'ugly' dudes typically don't get elected, and that one of the reasons #45 is cooking is because 'America' has a Dad complex that he's somehow fulfilling.

This whole shit is just bizarre. I need an alternative Earth to live on...but I'll be dead before we find it.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 12:15 PM

4. "as a governor of Ohio, I did X and I can do that for the country"
In response to Reply # 0

is literally every John Kasich campaign speech

I also remember HRC crowning herself the champion for Healthcare for all

Literally every candidate other than Trump pointed to some aspect of what you are referring to...

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 12:50 PM

5. "idk but i think pete might even be able to win an argument on OKP"
In response to Reply # 0

on any subject. even those.

naame
Charter member
21016 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 12:58 PM

6. "the GOP is anti-government"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-05-19 01:00 PM by naame

it's part of the neoliberalist project of privatizing the government and turning america into a corporatocracy. They have largely succeeded in their project to privatize many public institutions and in throwing wrenches into almost every aspect of governance so that "real america" has a contemptuous attitude towards people who are seen as pro-government. From a neoliberals perspective government workers and politicians are actually incompetent, misinformed, lazy, corrupt, secretive, duplicitous, and working against the people. Political achievements are actually harming private business people and making life harder for the common man.

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 12:59 PM

7. "The politics match the population, and it only will get worse from here"
In response to Reply # 0

It's all about talking shit, who got "played," who got "read," who's "cancelled," etc.

Bluebear
Member since Apr 06th 2003
3757 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 02:00 PM

8. "Experience has become viewed as a negative"
In response to Reply # 0

on both sides.

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him" -John Viscount Morley

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."

http://www.myspace.com/kofi3

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79506 posts
Sun Apr-07-19 08:35 AM

10. "Indeed. Shit is scary. "
In response to Reply # 8

Well, when it’s used for bad it’s scary.

People like AOC coming up is good for politics

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Sat Apr-06-19 02:48 PM

9. "I like Elizabeth too trump would be mean as fuck to her"
In response to Reply # 0

With his bully ass.

I kinda hope she gets vp
... "A Beautiful Struggle"
https://m.facebook.com/jamelabullock
Www.reverbnation.com/jamela

MELa
Musically.Entertaining.Lyrically.Alluring.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49379 posts
Sun Apr-07-19 10:59 AM

11. "I imagine the class clown/bully clowning the Substitute Match teacher "
In response to Reply # 9

at the Trump v Warren debates.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24410 posts
Mon Apr-08-19 08:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "Holy shit remember how stupid that was !"
In response to Reply # 0

>And before you say Mitt Romney remember he ran AGAINST his
>record (at least as it comes to RomneyCare).

It's easy to forget now because things are so much stupider but - wow, was that fucking dumb. Leave it to repugs to nominate the Romneycare guy in a year when Obamacare was one of, if not the, hottest election issue hahaha. And his response to folks raising their hands like "uhhhh but wait, didn't you ... ?" was literally "yes, it worked great in Massachusetts, but it will *not* work for the country"

LOL. Repugs are so stupid.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79506 posts
Mon Apr-08-19 09:43 AM

13. "I seriously wonder if the Obama election was a set up"
In response to Reply # 12

Dude was a great speaker but the Romney shit AND Sarah Pailin seemed mad convenient. The Palin shit was some “just in case your racism gets in the way let’s put an idiot from Alaska in the ballot”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Lobby General Discussion topic #13324663 Previous topic | Next topic