Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13324028

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Apr-02-19 11:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Kids are amazing!
Apr 03rd 2019
for the roof....do some research...it's ALL about HOW it was damaged...
Apr 03rd 2019
We had a tree fall on the roof
Apr 03rd 2019
      Ahh...see...HOW the tree fell or better yet WHAT made it fall is going t
Apr 03rd 2019
           Yeah. It was during a storm
Apr 04th 2019
Get some scaffolding and 3/4" plywood and get busy
Apr 03rd 2019
There was literally a government conspiracy to take my pops down.
Apr 03rd 2019
Whoa. I always wonder why Black folk laugh at gov conspiracies
Apr 03rd 2019
I been a creep since I was 9
Apr 03rd 2019
Nordstroms got them Summer Jam outfits on sale right now fam...
Apr 03rd 2019
link?
Apr 03rd 2019
lol..hair smelling, some arm-fat grabbing, some leering.
Apr 03rd 2019
Since this confession I am going to interject that...
Apr 04th 2019
      I had a debate on here with someone who said they never made...
Apr 04th 2019
           one co wo-worker said
Apr 05th 2019
I've been telling my desk partner I'm sick and sleeping two hours a nigh...
Apr 03rd 2019
you generally seem like a straightforward cat
Apr 03rd 2019
he gotta see her everyday. i can see his approach as best in that enviro...
Apr 04th 2019
he can be honest without being mean
Apr 04th 2019
      Yes, it is a bit much. I also know how to read this room
Apr 04th 2019
      guess i'm at the point where
Apr 04th 2019
           Breh, people are petty as hell at work
Apr 04th 2019
           Just gotta learn how to be dead inside, sometimes
Apr 04th 2019
      A woman once had a meltdown because her desk wasn't decorated
Apr 04th 2019
           nah
Apr 04th 2019
I've been pulled into the office for not being "helpful" or "nice" enoug...
Apr 04th 2019
I give people little to nothing to go off of at work
Apr 04th 2019
What kind of work do you do?
Apr 05th 2019
      Relevance?
Apr 05th 2019
Man, Nipsey's death gave license for a lot of "We are Own Worst Enemies
Apr 04th 2019
two things
Apr 04th 2019
The One Drop rule is outdated
Apr 04th 2019
Given the reason it existed to begin with,
Apr 04th 2019
Please tell us why?
Apr 04th 2019
I don't believe that a lot of people that claim "black" under the...
Apr 04th 2019
      Word up.
Apr 04th 2019
      sounding like you got a strong anti-lightskin agenda popping off my G
Apr 04th 2019
           I think it’s the mixed folk... lol
Apr 04th 2019
           Not about complexion, more about culture
Apr 04th 2019
                ahh, ok. I gotcha...
Apr 05th 2019
we leverage that madness when its convenient
Apr 04th 2019
madness
Apr 04th 2019
I am old enough to remember when Russia was always the villian in
Apr 05th 2019
I ain't accepting no mufuckin' apologies.
Apr 04th 2019
I dreamt about stealing someone’s makeup bag and fixing my face up
Apr 05th 2019
I was always bothered by "I Love the Hood" songs.
Apr 05th 2019
Really? I think it’s like HS
Apr 05th 2019

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 08:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Kids are amazing! "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Apr-03-19 08:41 AM by legsdiamond

I love my kids. Shout out to all the parents doing it the right way.

My niece snitched on her daddy. My wife was doing her hair and said something about her dad being a plumber and she goes “he doesn’t do that anymore, he serves people at Pro Bass Shop”

Lmao. We knew he switched gigs but thought he got his own shit. He loves fishing tho so maybe it’s where he needs to be. Kids man.

My daughter came back to school all aggressive. I blame her cousins.

———

This roof man, it’s time to get a new roof. I have to see how I can finesse these damages with the insurance company.

———

Credit score is popping. I ain’t mad.

———-

Wife is at war with a coworker. Older white woman who isn’t good at her job. Had to hear it all night and make sure I didn’t try to calm her down cause that means I don’t have her side. LOL.

———

Gig is ok. I need to get my side hustle going now that it’s getting warm it snowed yesterday. Wtf. Today it’s going to be 70.

——

and the Cardi apologist are crazy.. lol

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 08:47 AM

3. "for the roof....do some research...it's ALL about HOW it was damaged..."
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Apr-03-19 08:48 AM by FLUIDJ

been there....
say the wrong thing and it's NO insurance money for you.
You got a local agent or are on you on that GEICO ?

My lil bro sent me video of that snow...y'all wildin in NC...

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 10:47 AM

5. "We had a tree fall on the roof"
In response to Reply # 3

Wife took pictures. Roof is old tho, starting to rot by the chimney and it’s only going to get worse. No leaks right now tho.

We had insurance through Geico when it happened but now we have it through Liberty Mutual.

I haven’t done anything because I don’t know where to start and don’t want to fuck it up.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 10:50 AM

7. "Ahh...see...HOW the tree fell or better yet WHAT made it fall is going t"
In response to Reply # 5

to be the key I bet.
Did it fall from a weather related event?
Did it fall from rot & decay?
Did it fall from some random unlicensed worker trimming it and getting to wild with the chainsaw?

>Wife took pictures. Roof is old tho, starting to rot by the
>chimney and it’s only going to get worse. No leaks right now
>tho.
>
>We had insurance through Geico when it happened but now we
>have it through Liberty Mutual.
>
>I haven’t done anything because I don’t know where to
>start and don’t want to fuck it up.
>
>

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 08:05 AM

14. "Yeah. It was during a storm"
In response to Reply # 7

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 11:03 AM

10. "Get some scaffolding and 3/4" plywood and get busy"
In response to Reply # 1

I got a couple of little leaks on part my roof. Gonna tear it off myself later this spring. I do my own work mainly because I don't trust contractors. I've seen some SHIT work done on $800k houses up here.

Do you need the whole roof replaced, or just a portion?

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 08:47 AM

2. "There was literally a government conspiracy to take my pops down. "
In response to Reply # 0

My pops was an elected official back in the day. He was also hard on them white folks. I learned very recently that US Attorney's launched and investigation on him to see if he was corrupt. Like they asked people to wear a wire and try to bribe him. The folks wouldn't do it and it got them more time (so they tell the story). I had heard this a couple of times from my dad but this is coming from a third party (a pretty prominent person). I plan on doing a FOI Act request but it's been blowing my mind since.

So yeah government conspiracies are real. But I can point to who the government was and explain exactly what they actually did.

Crazy out there.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 10:49 AM

6. "Whoa. I always wonder why Black folk laugh at gov conspiracies "
In response to Reply # 2

given how many shitty things they have done to us.

Proof is always on the government to prove they weren’t conspiring against us.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 10:41 AM

4. "I been a creep since I was 9"
In response to Reply # 0

I used to chase girls around the playground and grab their ass. I was an outlier...a smarty-arty ass kid with glasses, the kind your mom 'buys' with medi-cal stickers.

Maybe that's a bit harsh. I don't know. This new awareness era has definitely had me thinking and reviewing my past. I've never raped or assaulted any woman, or engaged in ANY non-consensual behavior but I did tell my wife the other day that I have 'nice-guy'ed her in quite a few scenarios and I had to apologize.

this Joe biden shit tho.....is weird.

I work with almost all women. There is an element of touchy feely-ness in the office. we are all very familiar and comfortable around each other and I have definitely done some hair smelling, some arm-fat grabbing, some leering.

It's reciprocal, and I don't know how to really feel about it. So Ima probly join the 'straight arms club' and just keep my palms on my own thighs, arms at my side.

also I went thru my IG and unfollowed every woman I was following for 'dubious reasons'

to any of the sistas that are still here: If you got a message from me, it was totally on the up-and-up.

thass it. Y'all have a good one.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 10:52 AM

8. "Nordstroms got them Summer Jam outfits on sale right now fam..."
In response to Reply # 4

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 10:58 AM

9. "link? "
In response to Reply # 8

lol

rdhull
Charter member
33127 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 05:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "lol..hair smelling, some arm-fat grabbing, some leering."
In response to Reply # 8

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 09:32 AM

15. "Since this confession I am going to interject that..."
In response to Reply # 4

so much of this is subjective and things go wrong when lames try to make moves like they are not lame.

I have a co-worker who is constantly saying inappropiate things to me. I say them light way back, we both laugh and keep it moving. It works because we are cool like that and I know what the boundaries of these jokes are between ME AND HER. Now I capitalized the last part because it's important, if another dude tried to have the same jokes with her she would be livid.

That's kind of why SOME of the Biden stuff is dumb. We can look at pictures of Biden hugging from behind and be appalled but what we think doesn't matter if the lady had no issue with it.

How about the lady who was pissed her photo became a meme when she said she welcomed the Biden hug from behind.

https://news.yahoo.com/wife-of-exdefense-secretary-defends-biden-over-viral-photo-151701368.html

Now that being said, one of the biggest thing I have taken from the Metoo movement is that I don't think any guy can ever say "I've never made a woman uncomfortable". That isn't really for a guy to say. It's for the women in his life to say. Biden made the mistake of phrasing it like that at first but he changed his messaging in his last statement.

I know that there are probably a lot of women who enjoy the folksiness of Biden but there are also probably a ton of women who were not at east about it, definitely as he becomes older.

I even feel it for myself things that I think would be okay to say become less okay to say as I get older and look more like a person in authority.

Biden please stop sniffing hair and hugging from behind.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:40 AM

24. "I had a debate on here with someone who said they never made..."
In response to Reply # 15

a woman feel uncomfortable. How is that possible to say when it’s up to the women to tell us how if it’s uncomfortable or not?

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 10:59 AM

45. "one co wo-worker said"
In response to Reply # 24

'you just made it awkward' <--regarding a comment that I'd made.

She's a twenty-something

When I went on my apology tour at work, the ladies that are in their upper 30's to 50's are like 'you make my day'

at the end of the day this is work, and that shit is just all around inappropriate.

I'm just a toucher and I gotta cut that shit out.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 04:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "I've been telling my desk partner I'm sick and sleeping two hours a nigh..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Apr-03-19 04:30 PM by Cold Truth

For like 4 months straight.

Why? So she'll leave me the fuck alone. It was true at first, but then I realized she, for the most part, had stopped thinking every second of free time I had was an open invitation to pepper me with the smallest of small talk.

I fucked up last week and said I felt great, and now she's back to pop out of her seat for the most menial shit every time I get off a phone call, get up from my desk, sit down at my desk, have my ear phones off, or pretty much anytime I'm not on a call.

I can't sit down or get up without her telling me something of absolutely zero consequence.

Still hitting me with mundane stories about her 30 year old "man child". Cool, he got a new xbox game. Cool, he gets a discount at Target. Cool.

She still repeats conversations she has with her 6 year old granddaughter while talking like a three year old.

Still makes the same presumably bland ass food, still offers no matter how many times I decline, still gives the same "I hot the recipe from my granmaw. She was raised in the south.....SO YOU TELL ME HOW GOOD THIS IS GUNNA BE!" Speech for some shit that looks and tastes like it she got from the back of a soup can.

But worst if all?

WANNA SEE MY FURBABIES?

Because I haven't seen enough pictures of her two German Shepherd's doing things like standing, sitting, and lying down.

Today I got back to slogging and groaning my way to my desk, and whining about my sleepless nights. And she's graciously let me be.

Whatever works, I suppose.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Wed Apr-03-19 04:54 PM

12. "you generally seem like a straightforward cat"
In response to Reply # 11

unecessarily so on occasion.

why not be honest with her?

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 09:44 AM

16. "he gotta see her everyday. i can see his approach as best in that enviro..."
In response to Reply # 12

Selah
16484 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:23 AM

17. "he can be honest without being mean"
In response to Reply # 16

healthy boundaries are a good thing

likewise, when you gotta manufacture illness to get space? seems like a bit much

*shrug*

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:32 AM

19. "Yes, it is a bit much. I also know how to read this room"
In response to Reply # 17

It would be great if everyone could just talk, be honest, open, and self aware in the process.

That's a lovely idea.

Yes, I can be honest without being mean.

But then, you are making the incorrect assumption that being mean/rude/disrespectful are the only ways or reasons that yield a negative outcome.

One of the biggest things they hammer home here is that intent is irrelevant, and all that matters is perception. That's the actual philosophy.

It's just not always the reality of how things work out. It's very easy to view a circumstance like this in a vacuum and arrive at the common sense solution.

Absent that vacuum, in full context? It can be very different, and not quite so simple.

Selah
16484 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:41 AM

25. "guess i'm at the point where"
In response to Reply # 19

all that would wear on me and eventually lead to negative encounter
(seems like its punting the issue and not solving it)

but....

you gotta do what you think is right

so sincerely:

good luck mayne

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:46 AM

27. "Breh, people are petty as hell at work"
In response to Reply # 25

I know folks hate Steve Harvey on here but dude said he has a rule about access and saying no to fans. He only says it to dudes because they seem to understand and a dap from him is enough.

Women tho? He says he always says yes because when he didn’t it turned into shit shows.

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:46 AM

28. "Just gotta learn how to be dead inside, sometimes"
In response to Reply # 25

But yeah it's just some shit I put up with and vent about from time to time.

Gotta save up for the worthwhile battles.

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:39 AM

22. "A woman once had a meltdown because her desk wasn't decorated "
In response to Reply # 17

For her birthday.

An adult human did this.

We spent an absurd amount of time in a staff meeting because of this. That lead to the creation of a club, and you couldn't get your desk decorated unless you were a part of the club.

And yes, people snitched when someone outside the club got decorations.

I think seriously underestimate how petty people are. I don't know where you work, but where I work, shit like this isn't exactly rare.

Selah
16484 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:45 AM

26. "nah"
In response to Reply # 22

>I think seriously underestimate how petty people are. I don't
>know where you work, but where I work, shit like this isn't
>exactly rare.

believe me, i am aware

but it's like alice in wonderland

you can rail against the clocks running backward and everything being weird

you can join into the crazy

you can "game recognize game" and look for the shortest path back to a more sustainable/tolerable normal

for me: only the third actually works

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:24 AM

18. "I've been pulled into the office for not being "helpful" or "nice" enoug..."
In response to Reply # 12

They didn't name names but they provided enough info to let me know who it was.

It was a woman who, despite having been here for years, never seemed to know anything about anything.

Walking past her desk inevitably meant that she'd stop you to ask a question about a case. Answering that question often meant answering more questions.

This can take up a LOT of time. And once in awhile, it's all good. That's part of this environment. But with her it was constant. And extremely time consuming.

Meanwhile we have a resource unit for such questions. And I reached point where every answer I gave was short and to the point, and/or telling her to simply hit up the resource workers or her boss.

I've seen and experienced other situations where people don't respond well when their overbearing ways stop being placated.

So it's a matter of practicality. And she does mean well, is nice, doesn't do anything really offensive or disrespectful.

It could very well be easily resolved with a simple chat, but that simple chat could also just as easily turn into sitting next to a contemptuous block of ice, or even a talking to.

The thing with people who are so clueless that this needs to be explained, is that they are clueless.

So it's just more practical to bitch about it once in awhile and KIM.

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 12:03 PM

32. "I give people little to nothing to go off of at work"

they swore I didnt laugh or smile much, it's just not really a social setting or an overly positive environment

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 11:01 AM

46. "What kind of work do you do?"

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” ~ Albert Einstein

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 12:18 PM

47. "Relevance?"
In response to Reply # 46

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:35 AM

20. "Man, Nipsey's death gave license for a lot of "We are Own Worst Enemies"
In response to Reply # 0

Talk"

I mean I get it. But at any other time can someone like Pusha T get away with saying this:

https://twitter.com/PUSHA_T/status/1112828132271312896

Selah
16484 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:49 AM

30. "two things"
In response to Reply # 20

1. hypocrisy knows no bounds
2. its crazy how we (as a society) can be so narcissistic, yet so contextually un-self-aware

flipnile
13565 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:37 AM

21. "The One Drop rule is outdated"
In response to Reply # 0

Time for that to go.

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:40 AM

23. "Given the reason it existed to begin with,"
In response to Reply # 21

Wasn't it always time to go?

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:47 AM

29. "Please tell us why? "

I know it was always a shitty “rule” but I think folks want it gone now because the numbers are skewing.

What’s your reason?

flipnile
13565 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 12:03 PM

33. "I don't believe that a lot of people that claim "black" under the..."
In response to Reply # 29

...one drop rule have it in their hearts and minds that they are truly black. They are black when convenient.

To put it as frankly as I can: I don't believe some of the racially-ambiguous people that claim black have the best interests of black Americans in mind.

I'm in this for life. Ain't going anywhere, or gonna be anyone else when it's convenient. I don't want to be defined by people that refuse to define themselves. Seems like just another way to exploit us.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 12:08 PM

34. "Word up. "
In response to Reply # 33

I knew a girl who checked the boxes for financial aid but she was not an ally at all.

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 12:12 PM

35. "sounding like you got a strong anti-lightskin agenda popping off my G"
In response to Reply # 33

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 02:45 PM

36. "I think it’s the mixed folk... lol"
In response to Reply # 35

the lite brights

flipnile
13565 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 03:23 PM

37. "Not about complexion, more about culture"
In response to Reply # 35
Thu Apr-04-19 03:23 PM by flipnile

People that claim a completely different culture than ours, also claim ours as well. I tried to diagram this, and could only do it with two Venn diagrams, one for Black people, one for everyone else. For us, our circle stands alone but others have overlap with ours. That imbalance bothers me in a way that I can't articulate right now.

What it *feels* like is the culture of Black Americans being devalued since it's apparently for everyone and we don't own it.

This was inspired by Gina Rodriguez and her "I have black in my blood" comment when confronted with her passive-aggression against black actresses. Black in her blood: yeah. black in her heart: no. Old article randomly popped up on me.

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 06:35 AM

40. "ahh, ok. I gotcha... "
In response to Reply # 37

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Selah
16484 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 10:51 AM

31. "we leverage that madness when its convenient"

truth be told

some stereotypes too

s'wild how stuff used to oppress becomes a source of pride

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 03:50 PM

38. "madness"
In response to Reply # 0

russia won?

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 08:44 AM

42. "I am old enough to remember when Russia was always the villian in "
In response to Reply # 38

Movies. It's like Rocky 4 never happened.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 04:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
39. "I ain't accepting no mufuckin' apologies."
In response to Reply # 0

shine these shoes, niggas.

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 06:56 AM

41. "I dreamt about stealing someone’s makeup bag and fixing my face up"
In response to Reply # 0

Even tho it was a dream I feel guilty bout it.
... "A Beautiful Struggle"
https://m.facebook.com/jamelabullock
Www.reverbnation.com/jamela

MELa
Musically.Entertaining.Lyrically.Alluring.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 09:52 AM

43. "I was always bothered by "I Love the Hood" songs. "
In response to Reply # 0

Hood can't be that great if folks goal is to move out the hood.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 10:32 AM

44. "Really? I think it’s like HS"
In response to Reply # 43

in that you can have fond memories of kicking it with friends, sports, girls... but also some place you can’t wait to leave

and some folks never leave and love their hoods.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13324028 Previous topic | Next topic