Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13314062

Subject: "Active Shooter in progress (Aurora, Illinois)" Previous topic | Next topic
ThisJustIn
Member since Jan 28th 2017
8 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 04:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Active Shooter in progress (Aurora, Illinois)"

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/active-shooter-aurora-illinois/index.html

Active shooter at Illinois business
By Brian Ries, Meg Wagner and Jessie Yeung, CNN
Updated less than 1 min ago4:08 p.m. ET, February 15, 2019

What we know now
The shooting: Police responded to an active shooter situation at the Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, Illinois.
The suspect: Aurora police said the alleged shooter has been apprehended.
Victims: Two area hospitals are receiving multiple patients, a hospital source said, although the exact number and their conditions are not known at this time.

2 min ago
Shooting suspect in custody
In a tweet, the City of Aurora, Illinois, announced that the suspect has been taken into custody.

The area is still on lockdown. There have been multiple casualties, with patients sent to medical centers.

City of Aurora, IL
@CityofAuroraIL
EMERGENCY UPDATE | 3 p.m.

THE SHOOTER HAS BEEN APPREHENDED! The area is still on lock down!

More information will be provided soon.

4:02 PM - Feb 15, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
537 people are talking about this

4 min ago
Witness says he heard gunshots then saw the shooter, a familiar face
A witness who ran out of the Henry Pratt Company building when the shooting began described hearing shots and recognizing the shooter as he evacuated.

"What I saw a guy running down the aisle with a pistol with a laser on it," John Probst said on WLS-TV, a Chicago TV station.

Probst told the anchor that he recognized the shooter, a coworker of his. "He was shooting everybody," he said.

Multiple patients have been transported to area medical centers. The extent of their injuries is unknown.

10 min ago
Multiple patients have been sent to two hospitals
Mercy Medical Center and Rush Copley Medical Center are receiving patients from the shooting in Aurora, Illinois, according to Olga Solares, a spokesperson for Mercy.

The exact number of patients and their conditions are not known at this time.

18 min ago
Most of Aurora Fire's vehicles are heading to the scene

Most of the Aurora Fire Department’s vehicles are responding to an active shooter at the Henry Pratt Company along with mutual aid, according to a source with the Aurora, Illinois Fire Department.

Multiple agencies are responding to scene the source said.

There's no information on injuries at this time.

24 min ago
Aurora Police call active shooting situation an “ongoing active scene”
From the Aurora, Illinois, Police Department Twitter:

Aurora (IL) Police
@AuroraPoliceIL
We have an active shooter incident at 641 Archer Av. This is an active scene. Please avoid the area

3:43 PM - Feb 15, 2019
356 people are talking about this

17 min ago
FBI and ATF responding to active shooter
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is sending officers to the Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, Illinois, to respond to reports of an active shooter situation.

FBI agents are also responding to the scene, according to a FBI spokesperson.

Multiple agencies are responding to scene, said a source from the Aurora Fire Department.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

ATF HQ

@ATFHQ
BREAKING: @ATF_Chicago is responding to a reported active shooter situation at a manufacturing company in Aurora, Ill.

3:34 PM - Feb 15, 2019
193 people are talking about this
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

FBI Chicago

@FBIChicago
#Breaking @FBIChicago is aware of the events in Aurora, IL. #FBI agents have responded to assist local law enforcement. No further details at this time.

3:47 PM - Feb 15, 2019
50 people are talking about this

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Suspect Apprehended (CBS Link/Swipe)
Feb 15th 2019
i assumed apprehended meant arrested
Feb 15th 2019
Just had Active Shooter Training day at work...and I'm PISSED!!!
Feb 15th 2019
I’m a teacher, we do the training every year.
Feb 15th 2019
we had a lockdown today
Feb 15th 2019
got those trainings at my current job and the last one
Feb 15th 2019
      Which one? Why are there 2 blue codes?
Feb 15th 2019
           no, one is a code blue...the other is a blue alarm
Feb 15th 2019
crazy how these don’t even register anymore
Feb 16th 2019
RE: crazy how these don’t even register anymore
Feb 16th 2019
It seems sad to me that from now on when somebody refers to the mass sho...
Feb 16th 2019
2 mass shootings in the 2 days after #fakeborderemergency
Feb 20th 2019

ThisJustIn
Member since Jan 28th 2017
8 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 04:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Suspect Apprehended (CBS Link/Swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/aurora-shooting-reported-today-2019-02-15-live-updates/

City of Aurora, Illinois, says active shooter has been apprehended - live updates
UPDATED ON: FEBRUARY 15, 2019 / 4:11 PM / CBS NEWS

A shooter in Aurora, Illinois, has been apprehended following an active shooter situation, the city said Friday afternoon. "The area is still on lock down!" the city tweeted.

Earlier, Aurora police tweeted: "We have an active shooter incident at 641 Archer Av. This is an active scene. Please avoid the area."

West Aurora School District 129 said in a Facebook post it was holding all district students in place as a result of reports of an active shooter at a building belonging to a manufacturing company, Henry Pratt.

"Per directions from the county sheriff, the District has been advised to go into soft lockdown situation across the district," it said. "Teaching will continue with reduced movement. Normal operations will resume when the soft lockdown has been lifted. No one will be allowed to leave or enter our buildings until the lockdown has been lifted."

The FBI and Chicago division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are responding to the shooting.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 06:29 PM

7. "i assumed apprehended meant arrested"
In response to Reply # 1

so the shooter is dead...only casualty so far or is it one victim and the shooter?

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 04:57 PM

2. "Just had Active Shooter Training day at work...and I'm PISSED!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-15-19 04:58 PM by bentagain

It's understandable that alot of people in this country may never be touched by gun violence

Speaking for myself

Having been raised in an environment where violence and crime was prevalent

and investing the time, effort, etc...making the sacrifices, etc...to transcend the potential outcome of being a victim of that environment

I AM ABSO FUCKING LUTELY LIVID...that I now have to worry about this bullshit at my job

MY JOB MAN.

What pissed me off even more...is I didn't consciously realize, until today, that this is manufacturing an entire industry

These workplace violence awareness companies appear to be staffed by ex-military

This country has instilled so much fear in us, that not only is the gun industry booming...so is the prevention industry

Anybody else have to go through one of these trainings?

Where's the national emergency for mass shootings?

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

rzaroch36
Member since Jan 26th 2005
2462 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 05:25 PM

3. "I’m a teacher, we do the training every year."
In response to Reply # 2

It’s all kinds of messed up but at least I’m HS and can talk to my students about.

My wife has to do similar trainings with 1st graders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34&feature=related
^^^ever walked the streets of...

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 10:00 PM

8. "we had a lockdown today"
In response to Reply # 3

and when i was trying to figure out what was going on to trigger it, i found at least three different reasons/situations that might have made the admin make that call.

fuck.

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 05:37 PM

4. "got those trainings at my current job and the last one"
In response to Reply # 2

i think it was only like 3 years ago we did the first one in my last job.

at this job we had a mini scare in my office,2 people, that there was an "intruder". turned out to be a medical emergency but one is a code blue and the other is a blue alarm. when we heard them say blue we asked each other whats that?? i was fairly new so i said i think its intruder. we turned off the lights and locked the door. she called someone to confirm and they told her it was a medical emergency.

its the new normal.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 06:19 PM

5. "Which one? Why are there 2 blue codes? "
In response to Reply # 4

someone needs to be fired over that shit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Feb-15-19 06:23 PM

6. "no, one is a code blue...the other is a blue alarm"
In response to Reply # 5

which one what?

im thinking code blue is the medical one...maybe thats a standard thing for it?? the blue alarm...well has actual blue lights. i need to review which is which. lol

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18637 posts
Sat Feb-16-19 08:58 AM

9. "crazy how these don’t even register anymore"
In response to Reply # 0

I mean, la bunch of kindergarteners got killed before and nothing changed. Think about that.

It’s a sick, sick country.

astroman71
Member since Oct 16th 2003
1094 posts
Sat Feb-16-19 05:38 PM

10. "RE: crazy how these don’t even register anymore"
In response to Reply # 9

I honestly think gun folks just chalk up mass shootings as the cost of doing business. To a lot of gun owners, the idea of restricting guns because of mass shootings is like curtailing driving because of deaths from car crashes..

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Sat Feb-16-19 05:57 PM

11. "It seems sad to me that from now on when somebody refers to the mass sho..."
In response to Reply # 9

It seems sad to me that from now on when somebody refers to the mass shooting in Aurora, we have to specify which one.

https://twitter.com/CharlesPPierce/status/1096583384258760704

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Wed Feb-20-19 02:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "2 mass shootings in the 2 days after #fakeborderemergency"
In response to Reply # 9

was declared

i think after the vegas concert shooter a few states passed laws on bump stocks

but yea after sandy hook i saw that it was hopeless for this generation

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13314062 Previous topic | Next topic