Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13313445

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 12:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Finally shared in AA yesterday
Feb 13th 2019
Word.
Feb 13th 2019
^
Feb 13th 2019
major dap fam
Feb 14th 2019
my speakers are starting to sound so much better
Feb 13th 2019
RE: my speakers are starting to sound so much better
Feb 13th 2019
      lol i said i needed somewhere to voice it
Feb 13th 2019
           RE: lol i said i needed somewhere to voice it
Feb 14th 2019
                would a go fund me for adding bass to my car be a bad look?
Feb 14th 2019
received a contingent job offer on Monday - afraid to sign and return it
Feb 13th 2019
scared money dont make money
Feb 13th 2019
      that's what i keep telling myself.. i sent the letter off this morning
Feb 14th 2019

SynsCei
Member since Mar 05th 2008
545 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 01:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Finally shared in AA yesterday"
In response to Reply # 0

Feels good to not have questions asked by people who don't quite "get it" (ex - why can't you just NOT drink? how could you....), and instead see the nods.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13572 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 03:05 PM

4. "Word."
In response to Reply # 1

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 05:23 PM

5. "^"
In response to Reply # 1

claps, bro.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Thu Feb-14-19 11:56 AM

10. "major dap fam"
In response to Reply # 1

I have cut my drinking down to Friday and Saturday only...the "near beer" is a good way (for me) to ween myself off it altogether.

Thats awesome mayne

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 01:15 PM

2. "my speakers are starting to sound so much better"
In response to Reply # 0

ever since i went to a car audio place and they quoted me around $500 to install an amp that i provide.

it goes down when i provide cables but even with that they keep insisting on LOC when the amp has high level inputs. i think a sub installed was quote at like $250. so $750 plus the $150 the amp cost...$900...really???

want to call other places but theyre basically only open while i work and so far they all say $150 but we need to look at the car to see what else is needed. thats when this place jumped to $500.

place i got the speakers installed seems like theyre saying $150 for full install but they still say they need to look at the car.

im now considering scaling down...mono amp with sub. worried about the door speakers failing without an amp but that might just be random car audio board members not knowing what theyre talking about...which is what i am lol

the powered sub option is looking more attractive. im just worried it will sound disappointing. found one for $120 with a kit and supposedly install would be around $75.

so what i had in mind is looking to be around $500 all in (5 ch amp, 2 12" subs and install) thats a soft number though because place might still increase the install cost. then i might not be able to access my spare tire...and will most definitely lose access to lowering the seats to fit long items in my car.

mono amp with sub installed would be maybe $400 so the 5 channel seems to make more sense.

$200 for a powered sub installed.

i had actually ordered the 5 channel amp and received it last night. after i took it to the place to get a quote i decided i needed to rethink this lol. called amazon and got a return label, shipping it back tonight. theres actually a deal on the same amp with a $50 amp install kit plus 2 RCA cables for only $35 more than the amp by itself so it makes more sense to get that if i got that route.

im thinking i need to just chill and give this some time. wait until i actually get my bonus before making any other moves on this...if i do at all. giving some thought to doing the install myself but im pretty sure i need to get some tools as well and i would need to do so much more research. is it worth it to save $150 - $200??? (minus whatever the tools cost me)

needed somewhere to voice all this lol

BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 06:24 PM

6. "RE: my speakers are starting to sound so much better"
In response to Reply # 2

This ain't no confession. This is a rambling. LMFAO.

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 06:32 PM

7. "lol i said i needed somewhere to voice it"
In response to Reply # 6

where better than a confessional

my previous coworker, i was actually his supervisor, used to tell me that i always told him things just so i could convince myself on what to do. i wasnt actually looking for his input. i just needed to say my thoughts out loud so i could feel better. is that a confession???

BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Thu Feb-14-19 04:31 PM

11. "RE: lol i said i needed somewhere to voice it"
In response to Reply # 7

I know. I'm just playing with you.

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Feb-14-19 04:48 PM

12. "would a go fund me for adding bass to my car be a bad look?"
In response to Reply # 11

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 02:33 PM

3. "received a contingent job offer on Monday - afraid to sign and return it"
In response to Reply # 0

position requires performing at a very high level. Honestly, I am afraid that I will not meet the company's expectations. I don't want to scare myself out of a good opportunity though. And this is a big leap in salary. I think I've gotten too comfortable in my current job and even though I've been applying for jobs, I'm afraid of the change in routine and added responsibilities.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Wed Feb-13-19 06:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "scared money dont make money"
In response to Reply # 3

trying and failing is better than not trying at all

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Thu Feb-14-19 10:39 AM

9. "that's what i keep telling myself.. i sent the letter off this morning"
In response to Reply # 8

Lobby General Discussion topic #13313445 Previous topic | Next topic