Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13311695

Subject: "No Atlanta third season this year. Sigh. (Swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
spirit
Charter member
21428 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 10:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"No Atlanta third season this year. Sigh. (Swipe)"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/atlanta-season-3-delayed-at-fx-1182358?utm_source=twitter

Feeling like Chappelle all over again. Injuries? Preparing for a tour in the fall in February?

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
s1 to s2 was 18 months apart. i wouldnt be mad at spring 2020
Feb 04th 2019
as long as this doesn't turn into no Atlanta
Feb 05th 2019
Reading in between the lines.
Feb 05th 2019
FX has a history of allowing its creatives to take as much time as they ...
Feb 05th 2019
This isn’t good. I feel like each season is going to be less cohesive
Feb 05th 2019
he jumped several sharks last season so you kinda saw this coming
Feb 05th 2019
I would prefer that they take their time and get it right rather than ru...
Feb 05th 2019
^THIS^
Feb 05th 2019
yep
Feb 05th 2019
This^^^^^...and at least season 1 has insane replay value
Feb 05th 2019
RE: No Atlanta third season this year. Sigh. (Swipe)
Feb 05th 2019
"I'm an artist, and sensitive about my sh.."
Feb 05th 2019

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
84997 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 10:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "s1 to s2 was 18 months apart. i wouldnt be mad at spring 2020"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

jdub1313
Charter member
4731 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 08:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "as long as this doesn't turn into no Atlanta"
In response to Reply # 0

at all, i'm cool with it. We need Atlanta man, its a fucking quality show. Maybe i'm biased cuz I've been in the city since 98, but this shit is authentic af. Guess i'll rewatch S2 in the meantime...

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 09:02 AM

3. "Reading in between the lines."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm guessing FX pays these folks peanuts compared to what they get from their other ventures? If that's the case, it makes complete sense why the show has constant delays. Oh well, there's other stuff to watch nowadays, so I'm not too stressed.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44687 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 09:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "FX has a history of allowing its creatives to take as much time as they ..."
In response to Reply # 3

A lot of their prestige shows have operated like this.

Back when Louis CK had a successful, Emmy winning show, he took almost two years between season 3 and 4.

With Fargo, another of their biggest hit and Emmy award winning shows, not only do they allow Noah Hawley to wait until there’s snow on the ground to shoot a season, but also they wait until he gets inspiration. There was a year and half between season 1 and 2, and between 2 and 3. And it’ll probably end up being more than two years between season 3 and 4 (which will likely be the last).

Guys like Ryan Murphy, who always seemed to be working on three or four shows for them at the same time, are increasingly rare. And he’s leaving FX for Netflix.

Which is all to say this type of thing happens with increasing frequency when they have a creator driven show. And this one has a lot of actors who are getting increasingly busy.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79331 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 09:24 AM

4. "This isn’t good. I feel like each season is going to be less cohesive"
In response to Reply # 0

Get that money from these movies and shows but damn... I feel like Atlanta is better than anything else they are doing on screen. Prollycause they can do what they want.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 09:29 AM

5. "he jumped several sharks last season so you kinda saw this coming"
In response to Reply # 0

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49335 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 03:44 PM

7. "I would prefer that they take their time and get it right rather than ru..."
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

KnowOne
Charter member
39940 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 04:01 PM

8. "^THIS^"
In response to Reply # 7

nm

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 06:35 PM

9. "yep"
In response to Reply # 8

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xYsWaXS5uPiScw/giphy.gif

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18569 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 10:44 PM

12. "This^^^^^...and at least season 1 has insane replay value"
In response to Reply # 7

That’s like “Friday” level, where I can throw it on anytime and be entertained.

I’ve been holding out on giving season 2 a replay. Only seen it once. Now that I know 3 isn’t coming any time soon, I can give season 2 more time and see how it my perspective changes(I liked it, but didn’t love it).

delariean
Member since Jun 29th 2005
703 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 08:29 PM

10. "RE: No Atlanta third season this year. Sigh. (Swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

That along with Donald's ankle injury from the tour, delaying tour until he was healed up enough to finish said tour, and him and his brother Steven losing their Father in late December last year has also some effect in the delay of the new season....

So with all that...quality over quantity I say....

sosumi
Member since May 30th 2012
858 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 10:08 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. ""I'm an artist, and sensitive about my sh..""
In response to Reply # 0

(paraphrase)

Lobby General Discussion topic #13311695 Previous topic | Next topic