Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13311367

Subject: "Asian woman conflicted on dating White: accepting it or 'bout to sprint?" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13955 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 02:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Asian woman conflicted on dating White: accepting it or 'bout to sprint?"
Sun Feb-03-19 02:34 PM by c71

You know the stereotype, non-white women get involved with white men, and.....they sort of feel conflicted, but......you know they get a social "boost" in a way (yes, I know, they also get flak socially for being with a white male as well).

When I say "boost" that could be access to whatever world a white guy might have. Or even if the white guy is broke, they get some curiosity thing satisfied.

(yes, some will remember an Essence article in the early 2000's called "Manless" about a Black woman complaining that Black men didn't want her - she also mentioned in the article that she had a white male partner at the time of the article's publishing)

Anyway, OKP, do your thing with this:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/apos-m-asian-woman-engaged-133012140.html

Lifestyle

I'm An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I'm Struggling With That

Tria Chang, HuffPost Life Sat, Feb 2 8:30 AM EST

“Oh, God, another Asian girl/white boy couple,” I groan, dropping my fiancé’s hand.

He hates it when I do this. So do I, really. I know it’s unkind and self-loathing, but every time I see another couple of our racial makeup, a little part of me sinks. We live in San Francisco, so this dip is as common as the hills. In these moments, I wish we were anything else ― that he were my gay best friend or we were startup co-founders, that he were Asian and I were white, that we were exquisitely ambiguous races, or that I could sink like my feelings into the sidewalk, be a little worm, and date whomever I want without considering social perception.

Shame is neither the wisest nor most mature part of oneself, but it still has a voice. “Stop it you guys!”my shame wants to say to these other couples. “Can’t you see the more of us there are, the worse it looks?”

“It” meaning the prevalent trend of Asian women seeming to end up with white men. “It” meaning the perpetuation of Asian fetish.

The first time I heard the term ”Asian fetish,” I was the only Chinese kid in a tiny school. Other students in my class had been pairing up to date since fifth grade, exchanging love notes and making each other Alanis Morissette mixtapes. I waited for my ”Jagged Little Pill” cassette, but nothing came in fifth grade. Or sixth. Or seventh. Or eighth.

Finally, in ninth grade, I got an email on Valentine’s Day from a sporty, popular boy. The subject: DON’T SHOW THIS TO ANYONE. The body: a truly terrible poem asking me to be his girlfriend. “Oh, my God,” was all I could think. “Someone likes me!” Who cares if his grammar left something to be desired! I got on Instant Messenger and said yes.

When classmates heard the news, I learned the term Asian fetish. Friends told me he’d been suffering from it for a little while now. I had only been familiar with the word “fetish” in regard to something like “foot fetish,” so I understood the implication: to be attracted to an Asian person was a kinky, odd thing. To be taught at a young age that someone likes you because of a “fetish” tells you that you are by nature strange, abnormal. I internalized: to be attracted to me was to have some sort of perversion. And so I learned to think of all Asians as less desirable and to be turned off by people who were turned on by me.

Even as I forayed into dating this boy, I was put off by much of what he said. My friends weren’t wrong about his Asian fetish. “I just feel like Asian girls are deeper than other girls, y’know?” he said to me once.

I learned to think of all Asians as less desirable and to be turned off by people who were turned on by me.

I thought it would get better in college but every time someone non-Asian showed interest, the whispers would start: I heard he had a half-Asian girlfriend in high school. He took a Japanese class last semester. Huge fan of sushi. Like, big time.

Sometimes it was hard to tell what was a valid warning sign and what was not. Misguided compliments were a pretty good indicator, though. “Every white and Asian male is jealous that I’m with you,” my first college boyfriend said. Even at the time, I remember wondering, why would you assume that I’m only desirable to white and Asian men? He assumed that, of course, because of my race. Race-based compliments reveal when people aren’t seeing you as the individual person that you are but as a piece of something.

It took me a little while to figure this out, but once I became more settled in college, I met my first Asian boyfriend, who ended up being my husband. Sadly, he also became my ex-husband. This relationship was followed by one with another Asian male. Suffice it to say, I went a decade without the thought of white men or Asian fetish even crossing my mind.

Now it’s something I think about every day, because of said fiancé.

He came into my life during a period when I had sworn off men. I had been in relationships my entire adult life and just wanted to focus on myself. “Single for five years!” I declared my goal proudly. Eleven months later, he showed up at my door.

He was there for a party I was hosting, and he didn’t hit on me. He asked me questions and listened to my answers. We discovered we had gone to the same college, had the exact same self-made major, were both left-handed, loved to write, didn’t drink and couldn’t handle spicy food. A mutual friend we both loved was sick, and we initially started seeing each other just to visit her in the hospital. One evening we found ourselves alone together. I told him my plan to be single for a long time and that we could only be friends. He told me that he honestly felt more but would respect my needs. He never pushed, but we kept seeing each other, kept asking each other questions, listening to the answers. It never got boring.

As I started to consider lifting my relationship ban, that old white ghost came back again: the whispers of Asian fetish. He has a pattern of dating Asian women. Do you know how many Asian girlfriends he’s had? He just might have an Asian fetish.

“What the fuck?!” I demanded of him.

“I’ve never seen it that way!” he insisted. “I grew up in Cupertino, so most of my classmates were Asian, and not all of my girlfriends have been Asian … but yes, most I guess. I just never thought about it.”

I rolled my eyes at the luxury white men have to not think about race in their daily lives. I, on the other hand, started obsessing over it. I couldn’t be the girlfriend of someone who had an Asian fetish because that would make me complicit in a pattern that was rooted in violence and colonization. I was busy trying to be a progressive, independent woman and an Asian fetish boyfriend did not fit the bill.

On the other hand, he hadn’t once given me a race-based compliment or made me feel anything but respected. I knew him to be a good person, someone who was working on being better every day. That’s the kind of partner I wanted, the kind of person who’s so hard to find.

I couldn’t be the girlfriend of someone who had an Asian fetish because that would make me complicit in a pattern that was rooted in violence and colonization.

So I returned to him with homework. “You can rationalize your dating history all you want,” I said one night in bed. (Do Asian women have a reputation for being good at pillow talk by the way? Because I feel like I’m killing it.) “But you can’t deny how it looks from the outside. And most importantly, you have to consider how it makes the women you’ve dated feel. Think about how it feels to be one in a line of many women who look like you. How replaceable must that make one feel? How demeaning is that?”

Despite his tendency to be defensive (is that one of those hot white guy traits?), he took my request to step outside himself seriously. He asked me questions, and he listened to my answers. We delved into not only the dynamic between Asian females and white males but also unfair portrayals of Asian men throughout history, and the backlash that public figures like Constance Wu and Chloe Kim have contended with for dating white men. It’s an uncomfortable conversation, but we’ve continued it through the years.

The reason we’re still together is that I know I don’t have to wrestle with these discomforts by myself. If we pass three couples in a row who are white men and Asian women and I ask, “But seriously, why?!” he won’t pretend he didn’t see it too. He’s making an effort to not leave me alone in the awkward parts of our love, and I’m making an effort to not let go of his hand. We’re not perfect. But after I rise from the little dips of shame, I wouldn’t actually want either of us to be anything else.

Have a compelling first-person story you want to share? Send your story description to pitch@huffpost.com.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

Poll result (7 votes)
She ain't going nowhere - she luh this (7 votes)Vote
Nah, she's about had enough - and this is a clear indication (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Asian > half the world's population
Feb 03rd 2019
RE: Asian > half the world's population
Feb 03rd 2019
lots of asians in the bay
Feb 03rd 2019
      She brought up the "historical"/"colonial" thing, so it's the
Feb 03rd 2019
She dropped his hand tho? That bitch wack
Feb 03rd 2019
that's what the poll is about!!! She ends on a "positive" note, but...
Feb 03rd 2019
Love is love. She ain't down for that dude so she need to bounce.
Feb 03rd 2019
Based on dating app profiles....
Feb 03rd 2019
but she resents that, because she perceives that she just
Feb 03rd 2019
but your point about "seeing the opposite" is important, because...
Feb 03rd 2019
^ also this 100
Feb 03rd 2019
when I was dating that shit hurt
Feb 04th 2019
      Wait. If it hurt more than Black women
Feb 04th 2019
           hard to explain
Feb 05th 2019
Dropping his hand in public is foul
Feb 04th 2019
She's got issues to work out. Her dude is in for a roller coaster ride.....
Feb 04th 2019
Asian women probably seek to date outside their race more than any other...
Feb 04th 2019
I felt uncomfortable dating a white man. So I married a white man
Feb 04th 2019
Dear God she sounds obnoxious.
Feb 04th 2019
She actually sounds like a LOT of Black folk who date white
Feb 04th 2019
TLDR fuck is she on about?
Feb 04th 2019
Essentially....this.
Feb 04th 2019
damn
Feb 04th 2019
      I think most of these folks hate how attracted they are to certain group...
Feb 04th 2019
           hatred of another race is never that simple though
Feb 04th 2019
                agree, it is complicated.
Feb 04th 2019
                It’s not that complicated either.
Feb 05th 2019
Alternate poll question: what percent of swirling is fetishization?
Feb 04th 2019
Depends on how rugged the men are and how woke the women are
Feb 04th 2019
I think everyone can appreciate something that's "exotic".
Feb 05th 2019
Kinda true. You definitely get tired of the same faces in the same place...
Feb 05th 2019
When I meet an American-born/raised Asian woman who is partnered
Feb 05th 2019
That’s some unicorn shit
Feb 05th 2019
It's weird cause I know a lot of Cali Asians still
Feb 05th 2019
i do the same thing. I love that Ali Wong covered this as well.
Feb 05th 2019

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 03:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Asian > half the world's population "
In response to Reply # 0

and LOL@her dating yt in hs and college...then having issues with nonasians dating Asians in succession

I don't have much of an opinion one way or another...but I think there's more to it than fetish

What's the Asian population in the bay area?

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

c71
13955 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 03:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Asian > half the world's population "
In response to Reply # 1

>I don't have much of an opinion one way or another...but I
>think there's more to it than fetish
>

Hmmmm......like she says about "social perception".....as long as a person thinks "others" are "viewing" them (their relationship) in a certain way, people seem to feel "trapped" in that perception.

So.....

Is life like the "Twilight Zone" in that no one can ever really "escape" social perception? And even if you try, it feels "doomed"?

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10118 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 03:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "lots of asians in the bay"
In response to Reply # 1

not sure what the problem is here? does she feel insecure that he might dump her
for another?

c71
13955 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 03:32 PM

6. "She brought up the "historical"/"colonial" thing, so it's the"
In response to Reply # 5

usual "betraying my people" thing - social perception that I'm "betraying my people" thing.

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 03:16 PM

3. "She dropped his hand tho? That bitch wack"
In response to Reply # 0

How you gone be ashamed of a man u said yes to?

She wAck
... "A Beautiful Struggle"
https://m.facebook.com/jamelabullock
Www.reverbnation.com/jamela

MELa
Musically.Entertaining.Lyrically.Alluring.

c71
13955 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 03:19 PM

4. "that's what the poll is about!!! She ends on a "positive" note, but..."
In response to Reply # 3

...she doing stuff like she's trying to passive-aggressively "end" the relationship (by pissing the man off).

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85054 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 03:34 PM

7. "Love is love. She ain't down for that dude so she need to bounce. "
In response to Reply # 0

For his own good mostly

<--- Big Baller World Order

Duc999
Member since Jun 05th 2009
1551 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 09:26 PM

8. "Based on dating app profiles...."
In response to Reply # 0

I've seen the opposite. Not white guys having preference for Asian women but Asian women stating specifically --looking for Robin Thicke, Justin Timberlake etc.

She ain't going nowhere.

c71
13955 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 09:36 PM

9. "but she resents that, because she perceives that she just"
In response to Reply # 8
Sun Feb-03-19 09:38 PM by c71

"fell" into her current interracial relationship due to "circumstantial" coincidental reasons (they kept going to visit a mutual friend who was sick and then just happen to talk and talk)

So....

She doesn't like the "social perception" that she, a progressive Asian woman, is like all the Asian women who don't mind the "colonial" image/background that her interracial relationship "seems" (social perception) to "embody"

“Can’t you see the more of us there are, the worse it looks?”

“But you can’t deny how it looks from the outside....."

She's scared of what it looks like in a "Twilight Zone-ish" way, like it could actually transform into ACTUALLY being a "pro-colonial-Asian woman wants to be controlled by a white man" thing.

c71
13955 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 10:19 PM

10. "but your point about "seeing the opposite" is important, because..."
In response to Reply # 8

She's framing this "Asian fetish" dynamic as something White males are "driven" to go after Asian female thing.

and....

you've seen Asian females making profiles looking for (or more traditionally speaking "inviting") White males. Which would make the dynamic of Asian females actually having a "White male fetish."

so....

That points to how a lot of women "conveniently" make the romance/sex thing supposedly all about what the "dominant" male wants, and women just "fall into" whatever the male is "trying to do." Whereas, this author (Tria) doesn't seem to want to emphasize what she "wants" (what her desires brought about in her dating life).

Playing the innocent victim of what a dominant male wants (and resenting that passive stance)

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85054 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 10:59 PM

11. "^ also this 100"
In response to Reply # 8

it used to trip me out hanging out w/ asian girls growing up and they'd basically be repulsed by asian dudes. straight fiending for white dudes no matter how bad the dudes treated them.

<--- Big Baller World Order

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 12:14 PM

19. "when I was dating that shit hurt"
In response to Reply # 8

>I've seen the opposite. Not white guys having preference for
>Asian women but Asian women stating specifically --looking for
>Robin Thicke, Justin Timberlake etc.
>
>She ain't going nowhere.

not because I was specifically looking for an asian mate but more about the thought that it was the most naked view of an area where I cannot go or exist if that makes sense. A black woman stating only wanting white guys is one thing because they/she is still tied to "otherness". An asian woman only looking for white men kind-of does not include "otherness" in a way...but it does, but it doesnt, but it does, but it doesnt.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79545 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 12:38 PM

20. "Wait. If it hurt more than Black women "
In response to Reply # 19

Here had to be something more there when it comes to Asian women.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

double negative
22151 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 12:38 PM

33. "hard to explain"
In response to Reply # 20

>Here had to be something more there when it comes to Asian
>women.
>
>

its not that one situation brought up more hurt over the other, its that one situation really highlights the difference even more, the difference is straight up stark.

Im having a hard time explaining, but, you're not on the mark.

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 10:00 AM

12. "Dropping his hand in public is foul"
In response to Reply # 0

That’s some serious shit right there.

I hope he leaves her ass.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22285 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 10:14 AM

13. "She's got issues to work out. Her dude is in for a roller coaster ride....."
In response to Reply # 0

At the end of the day, this part should be all that matters.

>On the other hand, he hadn’t once given me a race-based
>compliment or made me feel anything but respected. I knew him
>to be a good person, someone who was working on being better
>every day. That’s the kind of partner I wanted, the kind of
>person who’s so hard to find.

Those white dudes she dated before damaged her. She's about to mess up a good thing.

I'm in a long term interracial relationship. Our running inside joke is to be disgusted when we see other interracial couples. If a woman I dated, really reacted like that, she would have been fired a long time ago.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13563 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 11:31 AM

14. "Asian women probably seek to date outside their race more than any other..."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Feb-04-19 11:36 AM by flipnile

Only group I ever TRULY see with *that lust* are Asian women going after white dudes. The dating app data backs this up, as well it being plainly visible to anyone living in a big city with a large Asian population.

Edit: Basically, she ain't going nowhere. Kinda wack to take *her* personal insecurities out on him tho.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 11:33 AM

15. "I felt uncomfortable dating a white man. So I married a white man "
In response to Reply # 0

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 11:35 AM

16. "Dear God she sounds obnoxious. "
In response to Reply # 0

Either decide you aren't dating white guys or do, but it's kind of bullshit to date white guys and berate him and write think pieces about how terrible it is for white guys to date asian women.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 12:49 PM

21. "She actually sounds like a LOT of Black folk who date white"
In response to Reply # 16

Talk the most shit about white folk, militant as hell.. but then go home and hug their white SO.

It’s one of the reasons I struggle with folks who have pride in their culture but their SO is white.

fontgangsta
Member since Sep 04th 2005
5464 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 11:36 AM

17. "TLDR fuck is she on about?"
In response to Reply # 0

double negative
22151 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 12:10 PM

18. "Essentially....this."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDHvYdi6Bu4

ya know, related story, one of my best friends is white and while he really only dates non white women, he only gets into long term relationships with asian women. His last long term relationship just ended after 7 years and it was a bit of a rollercoaster because his partner through the years went through a personal evolution regarding how she felt about things

at first it was "I love this man but...I feel some kind of way that I'm another person in his long history of dating Asian women"

then it became "No, I absolutely do feel some kind of way about this, also, wtf dude, you can't see through your own whiteness"

eventually it became "I can't handle this shit you cracka ass cracka, fuck you and your dumb ass life. Kill yo white self"

I also have a friend who is Latino and back in the day when we would get drunk he would start ranting about how much he hated white folks while at the same time mostly only dating white women...his wife is white and they just had kids...I have no idea how this is going to go down.

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42759 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 12:49 PM

22. "damn"
In response to Reply # 18

i'm kinda lol'ing at the first white guy's having to face something about himself (albeit in a pretty sad way), and kinda sad about the latino guy hating white people so much he now has half white kids. I think that's actually pretty common in the Southwest e.g. white women who hate Mexicans but married a Mexican man. It's kinda fascinating but really just highlights the human predicament when it comes to race.

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 01:08 PM

23. "I think most of these folks hate how attracted they are to certain group..."
In response to Reply # 22

How can you hate a group yet marry one of them?

That doesn’t make any sense at all.

T Reynolds
42759 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 01:45 PM

24. "hatred of another race is never that simple though"
In response to Reply # 23

sounds like the latino guy for example hated feeling rejected by white people, but on the low wanted to assimilate

or maybe aesthetically, he finds white women attractive, but doesn't subscribe to white culture as a whole

I'm not surprised by mixed feelings when dating interracially

double negative
22151 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 02:36 PM

25. "agree, it is complicated."
In response to Reply # 24

>sounds like the latino guy for example hated feeling rejected
>by white people, but on the low wanted to assimilate
>
>or maybe aesthetically, he finds white women attractive, but
>doesn't subscribe to white culture as a whole
>
>I'm not surprised by mixed feelings when dating interracially
>

The friend who is latino was upset about white folks because he grew up super proud of his heritage and his folks were activists. In a way he he had a lot of pride with distancing himself and standing firm in his own convictions i.e., "fuck you mean my poncho look cute? I wear this shit because this is my shit."

But, yeah...whenever he would get drunk and start up I was always able to shut it down by asking about his dating choices.

I get it though. I been there and did that. The lifelong mental anguish is not worth the price of admission.

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 11:46 AM

29. "It’s not that complicated either. "
In response to Reply # 24

It’s odd to “hate” a race while being in “love/lust” with their women.

I know America props up yt women so I get why some fall for it but for those who go out of their way to shit on a race when they exclusively date their women is wack.

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 03:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
26. "Alternate poll question: what percent of swirling is fetishization?"
In response to Reply # 0

10%, 25%, 49%, 51%, 70%

Exhibit A-
"Every white and Asian male is jealous that I’m with you"

at least for the guys there is (often? occasionally?) a douche angle of "taking their women"

for BM/WM and WM/AM at least

fyi
latinos is the highest amount of interracial couples tho, statistically

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

c71
13955 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 05:34 PM

27. "Depends on how rugged the men are and how woke the women are"
In response to Reply # 26

at least if this article can be "extrapolated"

Tria (the author) supposedly isn't "fetishizing" the White men she dated/dates because there's always a "reason" why she got with them (usually because they pursued her). The current guy she only got with due to a mutual friend (circumstances). So women like that who are just "victims of circumstance" (because the guy wanted them) supposedly aren't fetishizing much percentage-wise.

If I guy is rugged (not sensitive like Tria's man) then he is probably fetishizing a lot - because he is "raw" and don't care/knows what he wants on a surface level (a sensitive man like Tria's current man is going deeper into personality/character things in common with the different race woman)

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 11:23 AM

28. "I think everyone can appreciate something that's "exotic". "
In response to Reply # 0

I remember in high school where it all became about dating folks from the next town over.

I didn't realize that was a universal thing until Jay-Z rhymed

"And girls in the projects wouldn't fuck us if we talked too much
So they ran up town and sought them dudes to trust
I don't know what the fuck they thought, those niggas is foul just like us"

I've seen time and time again Southern Dudes move to NYC or to a city and fall for the first Latina and/or Asian girl who was regular by city standards but were totally unlike anything these Southern cats grew up around.

IDK. I think part of the reason I was attracted to my wife is that she wasn't like any of the women I knew before (West Indian Descent as oppose to Southern Black) but also familiar in ways that were comforting (Close to her family, new all the lyrics from all my favorite rap songs).

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 11:53 AM

30. "Kinda true. You definitely get tired of the same faces in the same place..."
In response to Reply # 28

First day on campus was like the UN.

International party???

Whew Lawd!!!

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 12:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "When I meet an American-born/raised Asian woman who is partnered"
In response to Reply # 0

with an Asian guy, I do in internal "Fuckin' a/ YES!" fist pump. And I'm not even Asian. I feel like the open, naked preference for white dudes among Asian women is lowkey reprehensible.

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 12:06 PM

32. "That’s some unicorn shit "
In response to Reply # 31

T Reynolds
42759 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 12:58 PM

34. "It's weird cause I know a lot of Cali Asians still"

and while there is still heavy Asian Female / White Male combos there are a ton of Asian / Asian couples. That's really the majority still.

I would say the pressure to assimilate for the first Asian Americans in Cali might have taken a toll on dating patterns, I believe the more recent ones have strong communities where they only hang and chill amongst their own. This is obviously negative in a way, but Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, and other communities don't frequently date outside their nationality.

double negative
22151 posts
Tue Feb-05-19 01:19 PM

35. "i do the same thing. I love that Ali Wong covered this as well. "

Lobby General Discussion topic #13311367 Previous topic | Next topic