Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13311253

Subject: "Bill Maher ask ex-CIA black GOP congressman Will Hurd if he was collecti..." Previous topic | Next topic
Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5190 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 12:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Bill Maher ask ex-CIA black GOP congressman Will Hurd if he was collecti..."

jo510 and explain 5555 not doing thier job, I will post the latest news.

Maher being Maher if only he went this hard when Coulter was on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6660449/Bill-Maher-accused-blatant-racism-Popeyes-Chicken-comment-ex-CIA-black-GOP-congressman.html?fbclid=IwAR2lVjnJCBmqi039YtfpkDRzlNZxDfiKMpcl87yx1PWNzxEEQMFS7lm44Mo

Controversial HBO host Bill Maher accused of 'blatant racism' after asking ex-CIA black GOP congressman Will Hurd if he was collecting intelligence at 4am outside a Popeyes Chicken.

Maher was presenting ‘Real Time’ Friday night when he made the comment

Republican Hurd, who is black, told him: 'I was the dude in the back alleys at four o’clock in the morning collecting intelligence on threats to the homeland'

Mayer replied:'That’s where you’d collect it, huh? Wow. By the Popeyes Chicken?'

Accused of 'blatant racism' online as users posted sarcastic shocked memes

In 2017 he was forced to apologize for calling himself a 'house n****' on his show

By LAUREN FRUEN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 08:24 EST, 2 February 2019 | UPDATED: 10:29 EST, 2 February 2019

Controversial HBO host Bill Maher is facing calls to quit after asking an ex-CIA black GOP congressman if he was collecting intelligence at 4am outside a Popeyes Chicken.

Maher, 63, was presenting Real Time on Friday night when he made the comment during a discussion with Will Hurd, a Republican congressman representing Texas’ 23rd District.

He asked Hurd, who is black, why he is a Republican to which Hurd, 41, replied: 'I’m a Republican because I believe in limited government.'

'I’m a Republican because I believe in the rule of law. I’m a Republican because I believe in economic opportunity.'

Maher interjected: 'They don’t do that. I’m just asking why you’re a Republican? Because they’re not good at the debt, that was their big thing. You said limited government, they don’t do that. They took over the Congress in 2011 and they raised the debt a trillion dollars a year.

'They’re not good at national defense—the president’s a traitor. What’s in it for you? What is in the Republican Party for you? You were in the CIA!'

Hurd replied: 'I was in the CIA for almost a decade. I was the dude in the back alleys at four o’clock in the morning collecting intelligence on threats to the homeland.'

To which Maher hit back: 'That’s where you’d collect it, huh? Wow. By the Popeyes Chicken?'

Controversial HBO host Bill Maher, right, asked ex-CIA GOP congressman Will Hurd if he was collecting intelligence at 4am outside a Popeyes Chicken on his show Friday night +3
Controversial HBO host Bill Maher, right, asked ex-CIA GOP congressman Will Hurd if he was collecting intelligence at 4am outside a Popeyes Chicken on his show Friday night

The response sparked outrage online where one person commentated: 'How many time is Bill Maher going to get a pass for his racist comments?'

Another added: 'Popeyes chicken to Will Hurd. Pathetic, the left never suffers consequences for blatant racism.'

Others posted sarcastic shocked memes, writing: 'Bill Maher said something racist again?'

It is not the first time Maher has been accused of racism after he was forced to apologize for calling himself a 'house n****' on his TV show, saying he got caught up in the 'banter of a live moment'.

The television host caused widespread outrage when he used the racial slur during an interview with Republican Senator Ben Sasse in 2017.

During the interview, Sasse invited the 61-year-old to his home state of Nebraska and joked about Maher joining him on the farming fields.

'We'd love to have you work in the fields with us,' Sasse said.

Maher hit back: 'Work in the fields? Senator, I'm a house n*****.'

The comment sparked outrage online with some calling it 'blatant racism'
The comment sparked outrage online with some calling it 'blatant racism'

Others asked 'how many times' the host would get a 'pass for his racist comments'

Sasse was the first to apologize following the show, saying he should have spoken up when Maher made the comments. Soon after, HBO issued a statement slamming the TV host's 'inexcusable and tasteless' comments.

But Maher was the last to apologize - almost 17 hours after his racial slur aired on TV.

DailyMail.com has contacted HBO. Maher is yet to comment on last night's incident.

BILL MAHER'S MOST CONTROVERSIAL MOMENTS

Calling himself a 'house n*****' on his HBO show

Maher referred to himself as a 'house n*****' during an interview with Republican Senator Ben Sasse on his HBO show 'Real Time'.

HBO issued a statement calling Maher's comments 'inexcusable and tasteless'

His incest joke about Ivanka and Donald Trump:

The HBO host was criticized for making an incest joke about Ivanka Trump and her father. He was speaking to New York magazine reporter Gabriel Sherman when he mimicked the first daughter performing a sex act on Donald Trump.

'When he's about to nuke Finland or something, she's gonna walk into the bedroom and - 'Daddy, Daddy…'Don't do it, Daddy,'' Maher said.

'Is that how you see Ivanka?' Maher asked Sherman who, red faced, replied: 'No.'

Bonding with extremist author Milo Yiannopoulous:

Maher was forced to defend himself after he was criticized for inviting Alt-Right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulous onto his HBO talk show earlier this year.

He was accused of bonding with Yiannopoulous instead of questioning the extremist author about his history of hate. Maher attempted to save face by claiming that his viewers are being oversensitive and overreacting to his decision to speak with Yiannopoulis.

His Zayn Malik/Boston bomber comparison:

While interviewing One Direction member Zayn Malik in 2015, Maher joked the singer looked like Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

'Just tell me two things, Zayn,' he said. 'Which one in the band were you? And where were you during the Boston Marathon?'

Controversial September 11 remarks:

Back in 2001, Maher lost his show 'Politically Incorrect' after controversial remarks in the wake of the September 11 attacks.

'We have been the cowards. Lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building. Say what you want about it. Not cowardly,' he said.

The Charlie Hebdo terror attack in Paris:

In January 2015, Maher appeared on Jimmy Kimmel's show and was asked his opinion on the Charlie Hebdo terror attack in Paris. The attack, which left 12 people dead when gunmen stormed the French satirical magazine, had only just happened hours earlier.

'I know most Muslim people would not have carried out an attack like this,' Maher said to Kimmel. 'But here's the important point. Hundreds of millions of them support an attack like this. They applaud an attack like this. What they say is, we don't approve of violence, but you know what, when you make fun of the prophet, all bets are off.'

Accusing Hillary Clinton of crying to get what she wants:

He was also slammed for being sexist when he accused Hillary Clinton of crying to get what she wanted during the 2008 election. He suggested that her crying on the campaign trail was a tactic women tried when they were in an argument.

'I'm not being sexist, I'm just saying that men, when we argue, we're kind of a one-trick pony - we try our thing, and then we sulk when we don't get our way. But look at Hillary Clinton. The first thing a woman does, of course, is cry - and then they go to sweet talking… and then they throw an anger fit totally unrelated to anything… and when it doesn't work, they bring out the sarcasm.'

---------------------------
Signature

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
issa busy weekend for fuckshit lol
Feb 02nd 2019
The hits keep coming
Feb 02nd 2019
i swear he does shit like this on purpose.
Feb 02nd 2019
He's gotta be
Feb 02nd 2019
      dude likes to complain about pc/outrage culture all the time now
Feb 02nd 2019
He sucks
Feb 03rd 2019
Fried chicken jokes, huh? *checks calendar*
Feb 03rd 2019
if he didn't get yanked for the N-Word....
Feb 04th 2019
Bruh. What the FUCK
Feb 04th 2019
Why anyone would be surprised by this is baffling.
Feb 04th 2019
rdhull, get your boy
Feb 04th 2019
I find him so irratating
Feb 04th 2019
he is easily the worst part of his own show.
Feb 04th 2019
is guillermo's joke any different?
Feb 04th 2019
No different, from that description
Feb 04th 2019
depends on the sensitivity meter
Feb 04th 2019
how many chances can one man get?
Feb 04th 2019

_explain555
Member since Oct 15th 2009
1412 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 03:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "issa busy weekend for fuckshit lol"
In response to Reply # 0

lawdamercy

Lurkmode
5190 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 03:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "The hits keep coming"
In response to Reply # 1

It's going to be a busy year, this is just the beginning of February.

Signature

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 03:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i swear he does shit like this on purpose."
In response to Reply # 0

cuz its the only time anybody ever talks about his show nowadays.

Lurkmode
5190 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 03:42 PM

4. "He's gotta be"
In response to Reply # 2

seems like he's going for the controversy equals ratings plan.

Signature

Reeq
16347 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 04:10 PM

5. "dude likes to complain about pc/outrage culture all the time now"
In response to Reply # 4

so he tries to engage in self fulfilling prophecy.

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 08:09 AM

6. "He sucks"
In response to Reply # 0

and has for a long time.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 01:17 PM

7. "Fried chicken jokes, huh? *checks calendar*"
In response to Reply # 0

Maher probably has that old-school, baked-in racism.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 10:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "if he didn't get yanked for the N-Word.... "
In response to Reply # 0

he ain't gonna be yanked for making a Popeye's joke to a chicken-eating agent.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 10:38 AM

9. "Bruh. What the FUCK"
In response to Reply # 0

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 10:39 AM

10. "Why anyone would be surprised by this is baffling."
In response to Reply # 0

I stopped watching his show after his racist rant towards Muslims a few years ago.

Fuck that guy.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 10:42 AM

11. "rdhull, get your boy"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 11:46 AM

12. "I find him so irratating"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Feb-04-19 11:46 AM by walihorse

The worst part is I like his show, for the panels.

Last weeks panel was allowed without him interrupting a large part of the time.

I should be his target audience and I do watch, but I can't stand him. I wouldn't be excited to see him in public.

¿If a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

Reeq
16347 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 12:04 PM

14. "he is easily the worst part of his own show."
In response to Reply # 12

usually the least informed and most emotional.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 11:54 AM

13. "is guillermo's joke any different?"
In response to Reply # 0

dude from jimmy kimmel asked aaron donald (i think, dont remember) what he thought trump would serve them if they won. after aaron didnt really give a response guillermo asked a couple times if it would be KFC to no reaction.

it was very awkward.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 12:07 PM

15. "No different, from that description"
In response to Reply # 13

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 04:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "depends on the sensitivity meter"
In response to Reply # 13

since trump already gave out fast food, a kfc joke could be benign

but if they had any black ppl in these rooms, someone woulda told them how close to the line that joke is, and to just change the punchline to "arby's/long john silvers and keep it moving

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Mon Feb-04-19 12:17 PM

16. "how many chances can one man get?"
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Lobby General Discussion topic #13311253 Previous topic | Next topic